Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Did Shanny Strip Haslett of Play Calling vs Rams?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #46
aircoryell
Camp Scrub

Re: Did Shanny Strip Haslett of Play Calling vs Rams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
It wasn't just a "bad half". Seven out of the past nine games our opponents have put up 30 points (or very close to it).

Cowboys - 27
Jets - 34
Patriots - 34
Vikings - 33
Eagles - 34
Saints - 32
Rams - 31

Haslett was on notice the moment Shanny went out and grabbed Morris without Jim even aware of it. (or no say so either)
Oh yes, that juggernaut offense with Rex Grossman at the helm throwing picks, not converting on third down, and leaving our defense out on the field for extended periods.
Of course you could counter with our running game improving (one of the best down the stretch). I would counter that with something else.
But as we all learned, Haslett was given a contract extension. He's not going anywhere. We are they New York Jets and give contract extensions when we insult someone in house, a la Mark Sanchez.

I have seen the promised land, and it is beautiful.
aircoryell is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #47
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Here's a question... Does it even really matter?? Our d sucks anyway
Old 09-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #48
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Here's a question... Does it even really matter?? Our d sucks anyway
I disagree, it's better than last year, even the secondary. The problem is Haslett not knowing how to adjust.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #49
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Any chance we can pray the Jets have an awful season and Rex gets fired, and then we can replace Haz with Rex next year?
Well with Haz's feet to the fire, my guess is Morris would get the first shot. I dont know how Rex would fare down here with persona, he would def step on some toes and be constantly removing his foot from his mouth.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #50
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Remember, they also gave McNabb a big contract extension right after he was benched...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircoryell View Post
But as we all learned, Haslett was given a contract extension. He's not going anywhere. We are they New York Jets and give contract extensions when we insult someone in house, a la Mark Sanchez.

McNabb got a contract extension too and he wasn't going anywhere either...oh..wait.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #51
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I disagree, it's better than last year, even the secondary. The problem is Haslett not knowing how to adjust.
No rak will make us worse than last year. I hope we get it turned around but I just don't see the talent in the secondary
Old 09-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #52
warriorzpath

I think the Redskins defensive talent is above average even though they have a few holes in some positions. Haslett has enough talent and enough time to put something better than what he had against the Rams. The main thing is - Haslett has to put the players in position to make plays because even in the Rams game, the players made impact plays when they were given an opportunity.

I don't think it's a good idea to replace him now, but there needs to be some sign of improvement in the Bengals game that shows that he can coach.

The Rams loss was all on Haslett with preparation, game-plan, and in game adjustments.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #53
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
No rak will make us worse than last year. I hope we get it turned around but I just don't see the talent in the secondary
Yes, orakpo is a big loss but a rotation of Wilson, Jackson and white will surprise. As for the secondary we have the same guys as last year, look at Gomes he's better, Wilson is playing better, meriweather is better than not having Atogwe or Landry, Crawford so far looks better than Westbrook. Our weak links are griffin, Williams and Hall. Hell, even Hall is playing better.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #54
aircoryell
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Remember, they also gave McNabb a big contract extension right after he was benched...lol

McNabb got a contract extension too and he wasn't going anywhere either...oh..wait.
The contract with exercisable option after the first year? No one, including McNabb, though that was going to run its course. So that's a weak argument to lean on.

I just want to point out, coming from the other skins board, it's refreshing to be able to argue these points with others who are able to articulate their point without spiraling into name calling. I had moved idea adults watched football anymore.

I have seen the promised land, and it is beautiful.

Last edited by aircoryell; 09-19-2012 at 09:06 PM.
aircoryell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:45 PM   #55
warriorzpath

I think Haslett let the Saints performance and post-game hype distract him. He needs to focus and also needs a Plan B and Plan C just in case Plan A wasn't working as expected. I don't think he was expecting Amendola to set a record in the first half, so obviously his game-plan wasn't working.

Another thing that I've observed is - Haslett's defense gets softer relative with when the Redskins are leading.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:02 PM   #56
warriorzpath

Just thinking about it now and after reading John Keim's ten observations article on the rams game - I think it is the case where Haslett's strategy is to play softer defense when they are in the lead. In the article, Keim says that some players felt last year, the "rules" of the defense changed too often.

This may explain why opposing teams like the Rams are able to come from behind and win against the redskins. After it was 21-6 in the first half, the game should have been out of reach for the Rams - if the Redskins would have been more aggressive rather than playing soft.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #57
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

They are all professionals and so if it did happen i dont think it was with half as much of the drama that we all make it out to be on here. Personally i think they should just can his ass now and give morris the job. Wouldnt be the first time haslettusdownagain has been sent packing.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #58
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
I think Haslett let the Saints performance and post-game hype distract him. He needs to focus and also needs a Plan B and Plan C just in case Plan A wasn't working as expected. I don't think he was expecting Amendola to set a record in the first half, so obviously his game-plan wasn't working.

Another thing that I've observed is - Haslett's defense gets softer relative with when the Redskins are leading.
Would have been nice to blitz the shit out of Bradford eh? Would have loved to have done that, maybe gotten a few more turnovers and/or short fields. Not saying do that all the time, but maybe try that when you're up by two scores and see how it works? If they score on you quickly, THEN you readjust.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:41 PM   #59
RGIII

Need for stability and foresight. I hoped this FO was different from the old regime.
RGIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #60
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGIII View Post
Need for stability and foresight. I hoped this FO was different from the old regime.
Well being different from the old regime also means getting people in and around the team that know wtf they are doing.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote