Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins vs Rams Postgame Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Your goat of the week goes to...
Haslett 52 50.00%
D. Smith 6 5.77%
Morgan 28 26.92%
The refs 11 10.58%
other 7 6.73%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2012, 09:33 AM   #46
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Redskins vs Rams Postgame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
What annoys me about this loss is that we were up 21-6, and it felt as if the rout was on.

Even all the rams fans were saying it was going to be an ass kicking after that TD pass to Hank, then like past skins teams our defesne just collapsed.

Advertisements
Old 09-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #47
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
What annoys me about this loss is that we were up 21-6, and it felt as if the rout was on.
Yeah. I was starting to get comfy on the couch. Then we let 'em off the hook.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #48
44 goes 50 gut

I voted "Other" come on give the Rams some credit, they were fired up coming off a game they probably should have won, but didn't, and Sam Bradford had the best game of his career, it doesn't help the Skins that the Rams media and fans have spent the last week lamenting trading the RGIII pick, and insinuating that Bradford is a bust.

Basically through no fault of the Skins, the rams were ultra fired up, and extra motivated.

The D gave up too many points, but they pay the other guys to play too, and the fact is, the D made a lot of plays.

A LOT OF PLAYS.

The only "scape goat" is Snyderatto, yes three years later (and probably for a couple years to come)... For leaving Shanahan with a ultra thin defense who's best starters were Laron Musclehead "I pick da weight up, and I put da weight down" Landry and Carlos "oh cheating on the eye chart isn't a good idea you say? So I should get contacts? Okay new team, I'll do that, but first let me talk crap about my last team that I was stealing pay checks from" Rodgers.

When a 5th round pick from last year, and the Ravens Ex-2nd string CB are better than anyone left from the Snyderatto "era" you know who your scape goat is. I know it's hard for some fans to fathom how decisions made further back than the last draft and free agent signing period could possible effect the team today... But hey if it's any consolation, Vinny and Danny ALSO couldn't fathom that anything past the next draft and free agency were important either... But I guess that's not much consolation. Sorry.
44 goes 50 gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #49
MTK
\m/

I think it's way past time to be blaming Vinny.

Allen and Shanahan have had 3 offseasons now to rebuild the team. It's their regime and their team now.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #50
44 goes 50 gut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I think it's way past time to be blaming Vinny.

Allen and Shanahan have had 3 offseasons now to rebuild the team. It's their regime and their team now.
But the proof is just right there plain as the nose on your face... The secondary is thin as hell and the starters are mostly pretty bad, meanwhile they have had basically zero real chance to upgrade the starters (considering they've addressed so many other areas of the team) and are still forced to employ guys like Hall and Doughty.

3 offseasons is an eternity to fans, but this isn't Madden franchise mode.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #51
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I think what happens is everyone thinks we're better than we are after the big win last week. This is still not a playoff team. We have some holes and they were exposed yesterday.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #52
hail_2_da_skins
Impact Rookie

I was there at the game. Nothing is more frustrating is to listen to a bunch of Fake Rams fans, yelling and screaming like they won the Superbowl after the Redskins gave them a Christmas present. Where was the defense? Receivers were wide open and the tackling sucked. Steven Jackson was benched and they let a second and third string back run all over them. Bradford had all day and delivered. I think the offense operated fairly well in a hostile environment. It is very loud and intimidating in the dome. But the two biggest mistakes was the blocked punt and Josh Morgan dumb-ass play. The punter is too slow with his delivery. He will get blocked again. I would be looking for another punter. I don't know how you punish Josh Morgan. That dumb-ass play was uncalled for. The game was totally out of hand and Roger G. needs to bring back the regular refs ASAP. The Rams knew they could get under the Redskins chin and were pushing their buttons all day. I lot of the crap was happening during TV timeouts and I don't know if you guys saw that watching TV. 9 times out of 10, the Rams were the instigators.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #53
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 goes 50 gut View Post
But the proof is just right there plain as the nose on your face... The secondary is thin as hell and the starters are mostly pretty bad, meanwhile they have had basically zero real chance to upgrade the starters (considering they've addressed so many other areas of the team) and are still forced to employ guys like Hall and Doughty.

huge mistake not resigning Carlos, but I believe it was the scheme vs the talent yesterday.

Plus Bradford looks like a different QB, he looks like the real deal the first 2 weeks of the season.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #54
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I think what happens is everyone thinks we're better than we are after the big win last week. This is still not a playoff team. We have some holes and they were exposed yesterday.

yes, like our horrible DB play, 8-8 is still my expectations
Old 09-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #55
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
yes, like our horrible DB play, 8-8 is still my expectations
I would like to see more Crawford less Griffin.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #56
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 goes 50 gut View Post

I'm not buying it, sorry. 3 offseasons has been enough time for them to almost completely turn over the roster. At this point blaming Vinny who last made a decision for this team in 2009 rings a little hollow to me.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #57
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I would like to see more Crawford less Griffin.

CG is so bad
Old 09-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #58
44 goes 50 gut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I'm not buying it, sorry. 3 offseasons has been enough time for them to almost completely turn over the roster. At this point blaming Vinny who last made a decision for this team in 2009 rings a little hollow to me.
*shrug* well I disagree, probably take this aspect of the discussion up in the newly posted secondary thread so I don't derail here.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #59
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
huge mistake not resigning Carlos, but I believe it was the scheme vs the talent yesterday.

Plus Bradford looks like a different QB, he looks like the real deal the first 2 weeks of the season.
Before we crown Bradford, Hasslettusdown loves turning mediocre players into first ballot HOFer's.

My bad Chico i meant to put this on someone else's quote

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #60
44 goes 50 gut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

(Rodgers subject Taken up in the secondary thread) Agree on Bradford, he was playing with a chip on his shoulder after his sophomore slump, and all the Rams media and forums talk centered around lamenting RGIII. Bad timing for the Skins... Simple as that.

Rams fans got a very good QB, but like Skins fans they didn't want to wait a couple years before they start making judgments...