Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskin @ Rams: Break it down

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #46
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Re: Redskin @ Rams: Break it down

Yeah, there are no "gimme" games in the NFL. Especially us. We don't even know from our victory if the Saints are really as good as they were last season, or if this is the year they take a nosedive.

We started 3-1 last season, then lost the next 6 games. That's the team we are until we prove everybody wrong.

I hope our team plays with the same urgency they had most of the first half, and we treat this game with the Rams as seriously as we would the Giants or Cowgirls. Hail!
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-11-2012, 06:28 PM   #47
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by County View Post
Hi all

My very 1st post on the forum

IMO the form of Bradford for the Rams will determine the tempo at which they play. He had a good rookie year but then tailed of last and in Week 1 he looked half decent again.

OT: I am planning to come over from England to watch the 'skins against Baltimore at FedEx and need some help However i need more posts to open a thread....

HTTR!
Welcome to the Warpath! Once you settle in and get used to how it is around here, (as well as have the minimum amount of posts to open a thread), feel free to ask your question pertaining to coming to America to see the Redskins play Baltimore. A good place to discuss that topic would be the Redskins Meetup forum, which is where we usually discuss things like attending the game, ways to get there, advice for first-timers, etc. Please take note we have multiple forums for all different topics of discussion, not just the main Redskins board.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #48
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Hi all

IMO the form of Bradford for the Rams will determine the tempo at which they play. He had a good rookie year but then tailed of last and in Week 1 he looked half decent again.

OT: I am planning to come over from England to watch the 'skins against Baltimore at FedEx and need some help However i need more posts to open a thread....

HTTR!

Welcome, gotta ask Shittie or UNITED supporter.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #49
TheSmurfs22
The Starter

Like I tell my soccer players, the teams you SHOULD beat worry me more than the ones that present a challenge. We cannot take this team for granted. They have been able to rattle us the last few years.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:27 PM   #50
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmurfs22 View Post
Like I tell my soccer players, the teams you SHOULD beat worry me more than the ones that present a challenge. We cannot take this team for granted. They have been able to rattle us the last few years.
Word. This time around though I spect to see us come out swinging. Many of our guys were there last year and will remember. Our QB is a natural born leader and winner. And...you know Mike will say all this to the guys better than I just did.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:21 AM   #51
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Hi all

HTTR!
Welcome mate!
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:08 AM   #52
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmurfs22 View Post
Like I tell my kids at the second mile before we shower, its ...I kid, I kid (too soon?)

But seriously, these Rams always play us close. I remember that Zorn year we started 6-2 and Pete Kendall picked up a fumble and fumbled and OJ Atogwe ran it in for a TD, Rams won 19-17.

Then we played them again the next year under Zorn and won 9-7.

The year after that we played St. Louis in St. Louis in Shanahans first year, when Bradford was a rookie, and we had that game controlled, but then we allowed a backup RB to score on a poor tackling run and Josh Brown kicked 3 straight field goals and they whooped us 30-16. McNabb was our QB then of course.

And we have last year where we had Rex and we were in full control of the game, but let them get back into the game after being up 17-0, they scored 10 straight on us after 2 Rex int's, made it a close game, but we held on 17-10.

I know what you all are thinking 'Oh it was Rex' or 'oh it was Donovan' but keep in mind that the Rams have gotten better with a real head coach (no Aaron Kromer calling this weeks game) and they have a tougher team especially defensively adding Finnegan and Janoris Jenkins along with Kendall Langford (Brockers should he play this weekend) ROCKY McIntosh! JoLon Dunbar is solid. And of course they have Laurinatis who is experienced and just got resigned. Chris Long is a pro bowler, but I like Trents chances against him and I like RG3s chances of out running him. And the other DE is Robert Quinn whom we almost drafted last year.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:44 AM   #53
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

There's something different about this Redskins team as opposed to those other Redskins teams of the past three or four seasons. It's not that we have a young franchise quarterback. We now have better personnel all over both sides of the ball. The defense remains practically unchanged with the exception of a few veteran additions at key positions, but the offense is one to be reckoned with. I know it's just right after week 1, but the Redskins are ranked 1st in total offense in the NFL. To me, that's a ominous sign of more great things to come. And to think, this offense is capable of pointing up points now. I'd rather forget about the Redskins-Rams games of the recent past. Those Redskins teams are not as good as this 2012 one. These 2012 Redskins are already showing signs of the 1999 Redskins. The only difference is the 1999 Redskins had a very poor defense and the 2012 Redskins have a much superior defense.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #54
MTK
\m/

Redskins at Rams: 5 Questions - Washington Times
Old 09-14-2012, 10:12 AM   #55
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

On offense, the Rams have a good QB and RB. There receiver situation reminds me of ours the last couple years - i.e. not good. Not a lot of YAC in this group. This is not a team that can win a shoot out, or, for that matter, is capable scoring tons of points. Scoring 20 points is a real chore for this offense. Much like it has been for ours in the past.

On defense, I admit I don't know much about them. Watched them on replay and absolutely nothing stood out to me. Finnegan is a name but I have never been impressed with him as anything more than an good not great CB - akin to Wilson, but not as good. It appears to me, the defense is better than their offense but doesn't have the speed to keep up with our skill players. They have a solid LB in Laurentitus (sp?) but also start McIntosh. Their DL seems to be their strength but even that is not overwhelming.

They appear to be playing more soundly under Fisher but I just don't see the talent or, more importantly, the speed. They will try, and won't quit - but, unlike years past, I just don't think they match up with us.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #56
Monkeydad
Living Legend

James Laurinaitis has killed us in the past. He single-handedly beat us one year.

I don't think Rocky McIntosh's revenge game will affect us much though.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #57
scowan
The Starter

Here is my observation from what the Lions tried to do. First the Lions only ran it 18 times, but Stafford had 48 pass attempts. That's 66 actual plays that counted not including penalties. That's 27% runs called and 73% passes. Way out of balance to me. Stafford also advertised some throws where those picks occured.

The Redskins on the other hand attempted 26 passes and ran it 43 times. Yes they were in the lead the whole game, but the point is the balance that had. Actually a 62% run verses 38% pass ratio is kind of 1960ish. Anyway the Skins are committed to running the ball more than the Lions and I figure that will wear on the Rams. Plus as others have mentioned, the Rams are not an offensively explosive team unless Jackson breaks one. If the Skins can put up 20-25 points again, I don't thing the Rams can match them.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #58
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
James Laurinaitis has killed us in the past. He single-handedly beat us one year.

I don't think Rocky McIntosh's revenge game will affect us much though.
rocky wants to be the hawk to james' animal

Old 09-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #59
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
rocky wants to be the hawk to james' animal

That video is lame. Same footage shown over and over again.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #60
los panda
Pro Bowl

didn't even watch it, couldn't find one that just had the "aaaaaaaaaaaaaoooooohhhhhhhhhh what a rush". that's all i needed