WHO?

Advertisements
Old 03-01-2007, 08:35 AM   #47
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

Re: MD beats #5 NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer View Post
You know what pisses the f... out of me? How the hell is duke ranked. Before tonight we were both 8-6 and 22-7 but the difference was, we beat UNC and THEM, THEM!!! and they are ranked 14 and we are UNRANKED?!!!?! WTF kind of load of horse shit is that?

Moreso, we beat them and then they became unranked for the first time in a million years. They go on to beat Clemson by 4 or something, GT, BC(clap clap clap) and Freaking St Johns and go up ( more like flew up) to 14!!!! We beat CLemson by 16(compared to their 4 )destroy NC state and FSU(not to big of a deal, i know) and beat Number 5 UNC. For that we are unranked. It doesn't make any sense. NOw they are going to lose to UNC which means that they are swept by us and UNC and as long as they keep the score close they are still going to be ranked in the coaches poll. We are 28th in votes in the ESPN poll and they are 14 and they are probably going to be ranked higher than us even though we beat them twice and beat UNC.

F... Duke. I hate them. I hate the people that go there and their superior rich boy piece of dung attitude. I hate that they get respect for doing nothing. I hate everything about that school.

Regardless, they aren't our rivals. I don't consider them our rivals. No maryland fan expects to take UNC's place. We just expect them to understand that UMD is one of their rivals. If they don't come to the realization that we are somewhat their rivals, neither will I. I am fine just beating their asses for the better part of a decade. 5-2 in the last 7 and 2 sweeps in the past 3 years.

Rant done.
I TOTALLY agree. We definitely deserve to be ranked in the top 20 (if not higher ... maybe top 15). Duke can suck a big one.

You know what I hate most about Duke? They have more "fake" fans than any other team. Just like the Yankees. People say they are fans, and wear Duke jerseys. Then you ask them about the game last night, and they're like, "Oh, Duke played last night?" F... that shit.

Also, have you ever noticed how all the Duke fans in the stands are nerds? Haha. Nerds.

As for the game last night, we played really well. The best part is that we played consistently well. Mike Jones was on FIRE in the first half ... something like 4-4 FG and 3-3 on 3pts. And, Vasquez was a man on a mission. He was SO pumped after making those back-to-back 3's right before the end of the 1st half. We're sick right now, and if we keep playing like this we could beat anybody.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:12 AM   #48
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer View Post
You know what pisses the f... out of me? How the hell is duke ranked. Before tonight we were both 8-6 and 22-7 but the difference was, we beat UNC and THEM, THEM!!! and they are ranked 14 and we are UNRANKED?!!!?! WTF kind of load of horse shit is that?

Moreso, we beat them and then they became unranked for the first time in a million years. They go on to beat Clemson by 4 or something, GT, BC(clap clap clap) and Freaking St Johns and go up ( more like flew up) to 14!!!! We beat CLemson by 16(compared to their 4 )destroy NC state and FSU(not to big of a deal, i know) and beat Number 5 UNC. For that we are unranked. It doesn't make any sense. NOw they are going to lose to UNC which means that they are swept by us and UNC and as long as they keep the score close they are still going to be ranked in the coaches poll. We are 28th in votes in the ESPN poll and they are 14 and they are probably going to be ranked higher than us even though we beat them twice and beat UNC.

F... Duke. I hate them. I hate the people that go there and their superior rich boy piece of dung attitude. I hate that they get respect for doing nothing. I hate everything about that school.

Regardless, they aren't our rivals. I don't consider them our rivals. No maryland fan expects to take UNC's place. We just expect them to understand that UMD is one of their rivals. If they don't come to the realization that we are somewhat their rivals, neither will I. I am fine just beating their asses for the better part of a decade. 5-2 in the last 7 and 2 sweeps in the past 3 years.

Rant done.

I agree completely.

I was watching the Duke spanking and when I noticed Duke (who's having a bad year for their standards) was ranked #14 and MD with the same record was unranked...I was mad.

It's painful when Dicky V does a Duke game. But then again, he talks about Duke when they're not even playing anyways.

I'm glad we beat them again. I hate Duke. They're the Dallas Cowboys and Boston Red Sox of college basketball.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:25 AM   #49
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

I don't think I ever noticed it before, but Mike Patrick had his head just as far up coach k's ass as dickie v. At one point there was a no call under the basket after McRoberts definitely charged into a UMD player and Patrick kept saying something like "great no-call;" then, going the other way, Maryland was called for a charge when the duke player jumped in late and was already off balance and Patrick loved that call too.
So, in summation, Mike Patrick can suck it.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:34 AM   #50
Monkeydad
Living Legend

DOWN WITH DUKE!!!!!!

GO TERPS!

That is all.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:35 AM   #51
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
I don't think I ever noticed it before, but Mike Patrick had his head just as far up coach k's ass as dickie v. At one point there was a no call under the basket after McRoberts definitely charged into a UMD player and Patrick kept saying something like "great no-call;" then, going the other way, Maryland was called for a charge when the duke player jumped in late and was already off balance and Patrick loved that call too.
Yeah. That was definitely a charge. I watched the replay several times, and there's no question about it. The refs got a few calls wrong in that game. I have a feeling the first charge called on Nelson against Strawberry was the reason the refs made some other bad calls against us. Coach K was fuming, and they wanted to make it up to him. We still won though!

BTW, did you watch the game on ESPN? Did you see the technical difficulties with 2 mins left in the game? What BS. It's funny because my cousin and I were talking about the game, and how the broadcast should be better than usual because it was ESPN. I guess not.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:48 AM   #52
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Yeah, it was annoying when the picture went out, especially since Dickie V tried to play the roll of radio play-by-play announcer, and he did a terrible job.
Also, that was the first time I've seen a game at duke in HD and the camera angle seemed really weird. It was from way up high and kind of tilted so it was sort of disorienting at first. But Vasquez and the rest of the team made up for all that other crap.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:48 AM   #53
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
That's a shame because I like Mike Patrick as a play by play guy...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:09 PM   #54
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
WHO?
mike jones

Someone standing far off to the side: "WHO?"
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:59 PM   #55
jdlea
Playmaker

Another reason the Terps should be ranked: before they beat Duke last night InsideRPI had them at 14. They're (I believe) 4-1 against ranked teams and beat 2 of the top 15 teams in the nation...THIS WEEK. If they're not ranked, regardless of the NC State game, it will be a travesty.
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:30 PM   #56
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

They will be ranked. Probably somewhere in the 15-20 range.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:57 PM   #57
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
They will be ranked. Probably somewhere in the 15-20 range.
But...Duke will probably be ranked HIGHER.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:41 PM   #58
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

look at our seed according to ESPN

ESPN.com - NCB - Bracketology

This is why, this is why, this is why we hot.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:52 PM   #59
Big C
Mr. Brightside

they have us as a 4 also
Old 03-01-2007, 08:05 PM   #60
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

That is very true. I am surprised to be at 4 and I am suprised that VT is at 4 also but they are dangerous. But You are slipping up. Right now you are down 8 to Virginia and that hurts.

Top 4 in the ACC are Virginia, VT, UNC, and UMD right now. We could debate and get no where to which the best team is. The ACC tourney and the NCAA tourney are all that matter though and we'll see then. Our game was great. I think the score was 67-64 and it was close throughout. Hopefully on neutral ground we will beat you.