F... Dish Network

Parking Lot

Old 09-28-2007, 01:07 AM   #46
jamf
Pro Bowl

Re: F... Dish Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Hey does anyone know when all the new HD channels are going to launch on DTV? It was supposed to be this month I thought.
They launched 21 channels a couple of days ago.
They should release the others by the end of october.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-01-2007, 10:01 AM   #47
Dlyne8r
Impact Rookie

I discovered yet another reason to covet the dish (no, not "The Dish" but DirecTV). We were tailgating yesterday at the Falcons / Texans game (alas, this is what a 'Skins fan is reduced to when not living in D.C. anymore) and we looked across the lot to see some other tailgaters and their TV. They had an awesome picture, especially compared to my crappy little 12-inch portable TV. Upon a closer look, we discovered that they had brought their satellite dish and receiver from home and simply set the dish up on a tripod and presto...instant NFL Ticket and whatever else they subscribed to! I recalled seeing this done on a boat dock some time ago. Apparently, you can take your receiver with you anywhere to use provided you can also take a dish and find a clear shot of the southwestern sky. Of course you'll need a AC/DC converter that plugs into your cigarette lighter or some other power source, but this was a way cool method of tailgating.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:34 AM   #48
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

I've seen people do that before too...TV outside is awesome! And I feel your pain about living away from DC and real football fans....these people here in Nashville are so fairweathered....since the Titans were good when they first moved here, they expected them to stay good, so when they didn't they hopped right off the bandwagon....their stadium was barely half full for the start of the season last year!!! Of course now they're climbing back on board with vincemania!
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:27 AM   #49
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
I've seen people do that before too...TV outside is awesome! And I feel your pain about living away from DC and real football fans....these people here in Nashville are so fairweathered....since the Titans were good when they first moved here, they expected them to stay good, so when they didn't they hopped right off the bandwagon....their stadium was barely half full for the start of the season last year!!! Of course now they're climbing back on board with vincemania!
If you want fairweather, come down to San Diego, Not only is the weather awesome year round but the fans already jumped ship with 2 losses. Alot of friends said they saw more Chiefs jerseys at the game than charger jerseys.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:30 AM   #50
Dlyne8r
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
Yep, I miss all the hub-bub of DC when it's football season. I can get only so much media info. down here in the ATL, but that's why I enjoy perusing the Warpath so much. I am a native of Nashville ironically and would have killed to have had the Titans around when I lived there. I had UT football and...Vanderbilt?? Jeeze. At least UT provided some good college football memories, but now? I often state that I have been a 'Skins fan for a losing franchise much longer that I was when we were winning games and we were a constant threat to go all the way. Redskin fans, for the most part, are not "fairweather" fans and are very loyal. We long to hop ON the "Bandwagon" again as Tony Kornheiser made that a Redskin institution.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:35 AM   #51
Dlyne8r
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
If you want fairweather, come down to San Diego, Not only is the weather awesome year round but the fans already jumped ship with 2 losses. Alot of friends said they saw more Chiefs jerseys at the game than charger jerseys.
That is sad. I've heard from many on this board that they too see many "other" jerseys at FedEx stadium as corp. America has gobbled up a lot of the seats and given them to their clients, customers, cronies, whatever. There should be a law against that!
Old 10-01-2007, 11:42 AM   #52
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Good Lord!!! Already??? They were 14-2 last year and should've beaten the NE in that playoff game! That's sad...really. So much for Charger fans "staying classy"
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:14 PM   #53
jamf
Pro Bowl

Directv Launched 11 more channels this morning!
Comcast Sportsnet Chicago (640)
Comcast Sportsnet Mid-Atlantic (629)
New England Sports Net (NESN) (623)
SportsNet New York (625)
YES (622)
Cinemax East (512)
Cinemax West (514)
HBO West (504)
Bravo (273)
SciFi (244)
USA (242)
Old 10-03-2007, 04:30 PM   #54
Dlyne8r
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Directv Launched 11 more channels this morning!
Comcast Sportsnet Chicago (640)
Comcast Sportsnet Mid-Atlantic (629)
New England Sports Net (NESN) (623)
SportsNet New York (625)
YES (622)
Cinemax East (512)
Cinemax West (514)
HBO West (504)
Bravo (273)
SciFi (244)
USA (242)
Life is good! Do you, or does anyone else know, if more HD channels are going to be launched on DirecTV? I have noticed that on the NFL Network that not everything is in HD. I guess because not all programming was originally produced in HD??