Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 11:13 AM   #46
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

Re: 2011 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
I'm coming around to the trade Cooley idea... but I don't know that other teams value him as highly as we do. We'd be lucky to get a 2nd and 4th. Still, that would be great in terms of filling some holes, provided we use the picks wisely. Anybody watch the Gators? How has Pouncey's brother look?
Yeah, we'd be very lucky to get a 2nd, let alone a 4th with it. I'd be happy with a 3rd. That said, Cooley is the guy that needs to go, before Davis. Not that Davis is better, he's just younger and cheaper.

Advertisements
Old 11-18-2010, 11:16 AM   #47
redsk1
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
I'm coming around to the trade Cooley idea... but I don't know that other teams value him as highly as we do. We'd be lucky to get a 2nd and 4th. Still, that would be great in terms of filling some holes, provided we use the picks wisely. Anybody watch the Gators? How has Pouncey's brother look?
I think we'd be lucky to get a 4th for him. I agree, he's a very good TE, but I think we overvalue him a bit.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:26 AM   #48
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

KC got a 2nd for Tony Gonzalez and he's on the downside of his career. Cooley is still in his prime and a better blocker. I wouldn't take anything less than a 3rd and a 4th. A second would be enough on its own to get the deal done, imo.

Thomas Paine
Old 11-18-2010, 01:24 PM   #49
Dread-Skin
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landry44 View Post
This season appears to be over for us at this point even though we're still in the hunt. Anyway, where do you guys think we should go in the draft?
I think we should start looking to Canada for talent maybe even 3rd world countries and outsource our scouting to a certain Notre Dame asset name Vinny.

It's November right?
Old 11-18-2010, 01:47 PM   #50
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
I'm just being honest about our situation. Right now, our team is getting worse with each week. Our oline sucks, our qb suck, our rbs suck, our wrs suck, our dline sucks, our lbs suck, and a secondary suck. The 4 games that we won was by skin or our teeth to bad football teams. So forgive me if I have lost faith in us turning it around this season.

Maybe instead of draft you should have made it plural and said [draft's] With all the sucking you just mentioned, it's going to take more than a draft to un-suck all that. Think multiple.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:30 PM   #51
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Not sure there is a good NT in the 1st round

On a separate note, as solid as Luck may appear I think it's safe to say the Elway comparisons are only because they both went to Stanford

There is not a solid NT in the first round, but second round is when you would get the 'best' one, and that is Jerrell Powe of Ole Miss.

Andrew Luck is considered, from what I heard, to be the next Peyton Manning. The Elway comparison, from what I understand, is yeah just because they both went to Stanford.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:36 PM   #52
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
There is not a solid NT in the first round, but second round is when you would get the 'best' one, and that is Jerrell Powe of Ole Miss.

Andrew Luck is considered, from what I heard, to be the next Peyton Manning. The Elway comparison, from what I understand, is yeah just because they both went to Stanford.
From what I've seen the guy is tough (you should see his blocks) smart and a great player. His dad was Oliver Luck (WV QB back in the late 70's early 80's) born in DC. Stanford is ranked 7th in the country and are 9-1, 2 reasons, Andrew Luck and Jim Harbaugh.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 11-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #53
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm just being honest about our situation. Right now, our team is getting worse with each week. Our oline sucks, our qb suck, our rbs suck, our wrs suck, our dline sucks, our lbs suck, and a secondary suck. The 4 games that we won was by skin or our teeth to bad football teams. So forgive me if I have lost faith in us turning it around this season.
SO GB, CHI, PHILLY are bad teams? Do you even watch Football man?
Old 11-18-2010, 03:50 PM   #54
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Have at it.

WalterFootball.com: 2011 NFL Mock Draft

Not much we can do for immediate help Draft-wise, we've got our 1 & 2, but our 3 & 4 are gone.
Chicago wouldn't trade Cutler for McNabb lol Where do these Idiots come up with shit like this? I swear you can write about anything anymore.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:56 PM   #55
3Card
Camp Scrub

That Walter Football site is mess. I cant find anything over there.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:04 PM   #56
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Skin View Post
I think we should start looking to Canada for talent maybe even 3rd world countries and outsource our scouting to a certain Notre Dame asset name Vinny.

It's November right?
MAYBE...........
Novice pitchers from India sign with Pirates - USATODAY.com
Old 11-18-2010, 08:22 PM   #57
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I mean you said Chad's over the top rant and rave reflected your thoughts yet now you're saying keep the faith. Doesn't seem like someone would be saying keep the faith so shortly after saying give me my damn money back

As for the draft, I think they go DE in the first round (depending on where they draft) and I'm going to start touting Ponder in the 2nd round

As for WR, I'm curious to know what their plans for Austin are, I know they still have very high hopes for Kelly, and they'll certainly pursue Vincent Jackson

As for the OL, i think Capers and or Cook is elevated to the active roster. The big questions are on the right side-will Brown be healthy and will we hold onto him, and one that we have all forgotten about, is Big Mike Williams ready to come back and reclaim his starting RG job. All indications are that he may just be
If that resembles the plan for the Oline Im very nervous. Im not there to see the development of Capers or Cook, but lord Capers in the Preseason...wow everytime he was on the field he was the worst player out there. It was easily seen how he fell from a 2nd round prospect to a 7th round pick.

Your right the questions on the right side...id say we lucky to get both back playin healthy again.

Hey what is the news on Big Mike...progress? He plans on playing?

Id say a prospect for us to take a look at will be Florida Pouncey at Guard. I dont think a Guard is a 1st round pick, but a second is for sure. Id like to see a good, young line in DC again.

He Gets Us
Old 11-18-2010, 09:43 PM   #58
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Chicago wouldn't trade Cutler for McNabb lol Where do these Idiots come up with shit like this? I swear you can write about anything anymore.
I'll believe it when I see it. It obviously makes an iota of sense, but at this point it's nothing more then anonymous internet people making random predictions that they won't cop to when they don't come to pass.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 11-18-2010, 09:47 PM   #59
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
If that resembles the plan for the Oline Im very nervous. Im not there to see the development of Capers or Cook, but lord Capers in the Preseason...wow everytime he was on the field he was the worst player out there. It was easily seen how he fell from a 2nd round prospect to a 7th round pick.

Your right the questions on the right side...id say we lucky to get both back playin healthy again.

Hey what is the news on Big Mike...progress? He plans on playing?

Id say a prospect for us to take a look at will be Florida Pouncey at Guard. I dont think a Guard is a 1st round pick, but a second is for sure. Id like to see a good, young line in DC again.
Anyone know what we have in regards to draft picks? Do we have a 2nd?
R.I.P. #21
Old 11-18-2010, 11:23 PM   #60
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

We do have a 2nd