Ganther likely to start vs Oakland and other notes from Sherm Smith interview

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-10-2009, 02:23 PM   #46
30gut
Playmaker

Re: RI: Ganther the new starting RB-Rock whines again

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I thought I heard that Rock told Zorn and Danny Smith that if he's not starting he would rather just play special teams.

Anyway, Rock fails to realize that the Redskins took advantage of Campbell's hot hand and the weaknesses in the Saints secondary. Meanwhile Rock had three carries for like 1 yard in the first half if I remember right. Ganther had two for 10 yards.
New Orleans Saints vs Washington Redskins
12/6/2009 at FedExField
First Half Summary
Q.Ganther 3 21 7.0 13 0
R.Cartwright 5 20 4.0 16 0
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #47
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Re: RI: Ganther the new starting RB-Rock whines again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
New Orleans Saints vs Washington Redskins
12/6/2009 at FedExField
First Half Summary
Q.Ganther 3 21 7.0 13 0
R.Cartwright 5 20 4.0 16 0
pretty identicle, but ganther has the edge on pass blocking, the more i hear about this it seems like it is somthing rock might be blowing out of proportion. from everything i've heard it's that ganther will get "the first carry" nothing along the lines of ganther will play and rock won't.

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:57 PM   #48
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Ganther likely to start vs Oakland and other notes from Sherm Smith interview

I like Rock a whole lot, but sadly i feel like he's too old for them to give him the chance to be feature back now. I mean Portis may never play for us again, and you'd think Rock gets his chance with Betts being gone, but you never know.

What it's gonna come down to is who has the better game between Rock and Quinton.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:46 PM   #49
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Re: Ganther likely to start vs Oakland and other notes from Sherm Smith interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eknox View Post
If so please let it be CJ Spiller he's a beast.
I'm not for us drafting a RB in the 1st or 2nd rounds but I'd LOVE to see Spiller in a Redskins uni.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:27 PM   #50
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
I'm not for us drafting a RB in the 1st or 2nd rounds but I'd LOVE to see Spiller in a Redskins uni.
have you seen noel devine? i think he'll be equal to spilller but available in the 4th/5th round

ST21
Old 12-10-2009, 10:09 PM   #51
Questfor31
Camp Scrub

I've picked up Ganther for fantasy football. Looking to start the guy at the flex position. Saw his six yards per carry average and thought it was a good idea ... until I started reading this thread that is.
Check out my visit to FedEx Field at:
http://www.nflfootballstadiums.com/FedEx-Field.htm
Questfor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:10 PM   #52
Monkeydad
Living Legend

I was thinking this morning...perhaps the reason for Ganther getting the start has MORE to do with Devin Thomas becoming our top WR now and going foward than it does the performances of Rock and Quinton.

Obviously, we're not going to risk our top WR on kickoff duties, so Rock was placed back on KOs which increased his workload, so by default, Ganther became the starting RB.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #53
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I was thinking this morning...perhaps the reason for Ganther getting the start has MORE to do with Devin Thomas becoming our top WR now and going foward than it does the performances of Rock and Quinton.

Obviously, we're not going to risk our top WR on kickoff duties, so Rock was placed back on KOs which increased his workload, so by default, Ganther became the starting RB.
Rock's not even starting at KR from what I understand
Old 12-11-2009, 03:07 PM   #54
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Agreed. Unfortunately I think we will take a QB, but I would love to see the Redskins trade down and pick up additional picks and go offensive line. What about UT running back Montario Hardesty? he may fall to second or third round?

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:17 PM   #55
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Rock's not even starting at KR from what I understand
Rock Cartwright

According to these sources, he is.

New start for Redskins' Ganther - Washington Times

Quote:
Cartwright asked special teams coach Danny Smith to return him to full-time special teams duty now that he's a backup on offense again.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:20 PM   #56
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Yeah that's what he wants, but I don't think that's what's going to happen. If I can find any link I'll post it
Old 12-11-2009, 03:25 PM   #57
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Could be a wait-and-see for us...we never know who's returning anyways...always a lot of rumors and possibilities, but ARE still gets shots along with DT, Moss, Hall, Rock...

Our bigger concern is...do we have anyone that can play fullback? Will be have to use Rock and Ganther on the field together? Yoder at FB? We've lost Sellers and his unused backup.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:27 PM   #58
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Could be a wait-and-see for us...we never know who's returning anyways...always a lot of rumors and possibilities, but ARE still gets shots along with DT, Moss, Hall, Rock...

Our bigger concern is...do we have anyone that can play fullback? Will be have to use Rock and Ganther on the field together? Yoder at FB? We've lost Sellers and his unused backup.
I think Yoder will be the fullback for now.

Anyway, here you go

*WR Devin Thomas, not RB Rock Cartwright, will field the first kickoff against Oakland on Sunday, Zorn said. Cartwright had hoped to return to being the No. 1 kickoff returner after losing his starting running back spot. Cartwright still could return a kickoff or two.

Fredericksburg.com - Blogs: Rich Campbell - Thursday quick hits
Old 12-11-2009, 03:42 PM   #59
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
I think Yoder will be the fullback for now.

Anyway, here you go

*WR Devin Thomas, not RB Rock Cartwright, will field the first kickoff against Oakland on Sunday, Zorn said. Cartwright had hoped to return to being the No. 1 kickoff returner after losing his starting running back spot. Cartwright still could return a kickoff or two.

Fredericksburg.com - Blogs: Rich Campbell - Thursday quick hits
zorn seem to always says take the first snap, not start. i think rock and ganther will split carries and i doubt rock will be back on any kickoffs, atleast thats what i hope

ST21
Old 12-11-2009, 03:44 PM   #60
mlmdub130
Playmaker

*MLB London Fletcher was named the Redskins' representative to the USA Football/NFLPA All-Fundamentals team for his expertise in angle tackling

^nice

ST21