Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Who Stays And Who Goes? Perceptions Changing?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-07-2009, 12:47 PM   #46
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Who Stays And Who Goes? Perceptions Changing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep View Post
I don't know, fellas. I'm with Pain here. Losing to NO in a trap game is no great reason for new optimism with this staff and group of players. I give lots of credit to Zorn and especially Buges for getting these guys to play with some passion. But come on. We're not close. We're grasping at straws, IMO. Psychologically speaking, we've been so beat up this year that we're like a battered spouse saying, Yeah, he's not that bad. It's some kind of PTSD or something.

Step one: get a real GM. Then let him evaluate the roster and make decisions. No doubt some/many players will stay. But I highly doubt a good new GM is going to stick with the old regime's failed coaching staff. Why do that? As for players, let the new GM/staff have their say.

If Vinny is still in charge, what evidence do we have that things will get better? More mediocrity at best, I'm afraid.

I loved the effort and some of the play yesterday, but facts are facts. We are not close.
Have you watched the games since the 2nd half of the Atlanta game? They should have beaten the Cowboys (Suisham missed 2 FG) should have beaten Philly in Philly and yesterday's game because of Suisham again. Remember this team is playing without:

Samuels
Thomas
Portis
Cooley
Rinehart
Betts
Jarmon
Horton

Haynesworth was also out of the Eagles and Cowboys game and could have been a difference maker.

And has still enough talent

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-07-2009, 12:50 PM   #47
Defensewins
Playmaker

It is clear some of the young players are finally starting to produce, the three high draft picks from last year most notably.
There are some players that when healthy are great, but they can not stay healthy. This is a problem. We should not continue to roll the dice and pray they can stay healthy when it is clear they can not. Best example of this is Randy Thomas, they guy is a great player when healthy, but he can not stay healthy for an entire season. It is time to cut our losses.
We need to get younger especially on the O and D lines.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:56 PM   #48
SkinEmAll
Special Teams

Damn, this is so difficult to figure out, much like this whole season. I read all these ideas about what to do and what not to do, and I can find reasons to agree and disagree with all of them! But I think ultamitley I dont want a complete overhaul this offseason. I feel like their are legit reasons to keep this thing going with some obvious tweeks and let it run one more season. This is not the same team that played the first half of the season which had zero signs of potential and rarely resembled a pro football team. This second half of the season hasnt resulted into wins, but their is some serious signs of life and positive momentum going down the stretch and I truly believe the right offseason additions could get this team where it needs to be. But then again, who the hell knows! :confused-
SkinEmAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:07 PM   #49
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I think the two major off-season changes that could have the most impact, with the littlest disruption: 1) fire VC. I think he has done better than most give him credit, but he has ignored the OL and is basically a divisive character, not a unifying one. 2) bring in an OC who calls his full plays. Preferably not a completely new system. And Zorn stays due to his presence this year. I think we could have seen this whole team simply go up in smoke, with the injuries and early losses, but Zorn has kept them together. I don't really think he will make it as a HC, but I think what he has done is worth one more year to build on. Just get a unified playcalling structure, (not Sherm Lewis, who I am very happy with, but is a stop gap solution, not the next great thing)
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:50 PM   #50
MTK
\m/

Somebody called in NFL radio a few minutes ago and asked Marty what he thought, and he said doesn't think we should blow things up. He basically said keep what works and keep building. He thinks Zorn should stay.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:56 PM   #51
rbanerjee23
The Starter

get rid of vinny, rebuild the o line, get a new running back and please get better coaching for landry...campbell is not the problem I have been saying this week after week

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:02 PM   #52
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
A new coach is definitely going to mean significant changes, especially at QB. I'm almost starting to wish we could just keep Zorn and make Sherman Lewis the full-time OC/play-caller, build up the OL, keep JC, and go from there.
I almost think this is the way to go too. More change is just going to mean set backs. We'll see.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:04 PM   #53
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Have you watched the games since the 2nd half of the Atlanta game? They should have beaten the Cowboys (Suisham missed 2 FG) should have beaten Philly in Philly and yesterday's game because of Suisham again. Remember this team is playing without:

Samuels
Thomas
Portis
Cooley
Rinehart
Betts
Jarmon
Horton

Haynesworth was also out of the Eagles and Cowboys game and could have been a difference maker.

Did you stop and think maybe the guys that are playing now are better than the ones not playing?
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:12 PM   #54
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post

Samuels
Thomas
Portis
Cooley
Rinehart
Betts
Jarmon
Horton

We have young talent too. This is not an old team.
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:16 PM   #55
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Did you stop and think maybe the guys that are playing now are better than the ones not playing?
Let's entertain that:

Maybe Fred Davis is better than Cooley? pro bowler

Maybe Jones is better than Samuels? pro bowler

Maybe Davis is better than Thomas and Rhinehart? pro bowler

etc. etc.

If that is the case, then Vinny is the best GM in the league.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:20 PM   #56
RMSkins
The Starter

What is so obviously clear to me is that Zorn and Cerrato need to be gone after this year, after that I would be fine with everyone else returning.
RMSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:28 PM   #57
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
I am not certain how you come to this conclusion.

The problem is this rookie QB could: 1. Possibly make everything else digress. 2. By the time he gets ready we will have squandered 3 or 4 Haynesworth seasons, Carter, Fletcher, Moss and other players. Just keep tweaking til we get it. IMO.

Maybe the rookie QB turns out to be worse than Campbell? Just because a player is drafted high does not mean they will be any good. No amount of research can guarantee this. There are no Mannings in this years draft.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:36 PM   #58
12thMan
MVP

I must say, Sherm Lewis has made all the difference in the past four weeks. Little by little, we've seen Fred Davis emerge first, then Devin Thomas in recent weeks, now I imagine Kelly will be worked into the game plan more and more.

I'm simply resigned to make some minor offseason personnel adjustments and keep Zorn and Lewis. JC is starting to look too comfortable to blow things up again.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:38 PM   #59
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Not on the OL they are not.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:40 PM   #60
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I must say, Sherm Lewis has made all the difference in the past four weeks. Little by little, we've seen Fred Davis emerge first, then Devin Thomas in recent weeks, now I imagine Kelly will be worked into the game plan more and more.

I'm simply resigned to make some minor offseason personnel adjustments and keep Zorn and Lewis. JC is starting to look too comfortable to blow things up again.
I wonder though what will happen when Portis and more importantly Cooley return. How will Lewis or whoever work Cooley back in and still develop guys like Davis?