Eff Black Friday

Parking Lot

Old 11-26-2011, 06:37 PM   #46
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: Eff Black Friday

Black Friday pepper spray suspect surrenders in LA - Yahoo! News

****ing idiots out there.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-27-2011, 08:28 AM   #47
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Yes it does bring out all the idiots at once. Around here many places were open on Thanksgiving afternoon. At about 3:00, both Walmarts Here, Sears, JC Penneys, and certain stores at the mall were open.

I guess it becomes black Thursday, or their attempt to eliminate black friday. There were just as many people lined up waiting for the stores at 3:00, as there probably were on friday morning. I think it blows beacuse now the people who work in retail don't get a day off for thanksgiving, since the stores are all open on Thursday.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:29 PM   #48
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Black Friday: Target Shoppers Step Over Walter Vance As He Collapses, Dies

I find it funny many want to crucify corporations for their actions, but then turn around and do stuff like this.? How about some of these idiots looking in the mirror.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 11-29-2011, 01:08 PM   #49
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

My Brother and I had our eyes set on the $200 40 inch TV's from Best Buy but then at around 7:00 PM I saw on the local news that people had been lining up since 11 AM and at best they would only have 50 TV's. I'm still looking to get a 36+ inch in the $250 to $350 price range. You'd think the 720p TV's would be a little less expensive these days but a lot of them are in the $400 range.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:18 PM   #50
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
My Brother and I had our eyes set on the $200 40 inch TV's from Best Buy but then at around 7:00 PM I saw on the local news that people had been lining up since 11 AM and at best they would only have 50 TV's. I'm still looking to get a 36+ inch in the $250 to $350 price range. You'd think the 720p TV's would be a little less expensive these days but a lot of them are in the $400 range.
You can find a 1020 36" for under $400 if you look. Fu^K BB they suck and I would not go in that store if they had 36" TV's for $100. They lost my business over a stupid $49 item that never worked and they would not give me a new one or warranty because it had been over 30 days.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:27 PM   #51
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
They lost my business over a stupid $49 item that never worked and they would not give me a new one or warranty because it had been over 30 days.

If it never worked, why did you wait till over 30 days to return it? Sounds like a error on your part.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:29 PM   #52
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post

Those "Door Busters" are normally limited (ad says minimum 10 to store). Chances are if you aren't the first 10 people in line, then don't even bother. They'll give out the coupons/tickets for these door buster items in order of the line and chances are they'll have just the bare minimum stated. Unless you plan on saving 1,000-3,000 dollars on many door busters, it's probably not worth camping out a full day just to save 300-400 on one TV.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:12 PM   #53
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
If it never worked, why did you wait till over 30 days to return it? Sounds like a error on your part.
It was a cheap little DVD player for my daughter to take to school. So by the time she got back to school and found that it did not work it was around 25 days. She went to school in Farmville Va. and had no BB close to her. She had to come home so she brought it back with her and we were like 10 days outside of their return policy. I agree they did not have to take it back but they also lost my business because of the poor customer service. Stupid ass mgr. kept telling me if I had purcahsed there extended warrantee they would have taken it back but I felt that was a stupid excuse to not provide any customer service. I feel with them you have to buy customer service because if you don't they don't give a rats ass about the customer. Lost my business and others over a stupid return.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #54
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
It was a cheap little DVD player for my daughter to take to school. So by the time she got back to school and found that it did not work it was around 25 days. She went to school in Farmville Va. and had no BB close to her. She had to come home so she brought it back with her and we were like 10 days outside of their return policy. I agree they did not have to take it back but they also lost my business because of the poor customer service. Stupid ass mgr. kept telling me if I had purcahsed there extended warrantee they would have taken it back but I felt that was a stupid excuse to not provide any customer service. I feel with them you have to buy customer service because if you don't they don't give a rats ass about the customer. Lost my business and others over a stupid return.

I will have to agree F Best Buy, their customer service is the pits. I have not bought anything from them in a long long time.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:51 PM   #55
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
couldn't they work min wage and just be better off? the deals just aren't that good.
I love the logic of this post. Seriously.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:24 PM   #56
GMScud
Swearinger

Well, looks like Cyber Monday was a success. $1.25B spent in US on-line- single biggest on-line day in US history. Wow.

Study: Cyber Monday was biggest online shopping day ever in U.S. - CNN.com
Old 11-30-2011, 05:49 PM   #57
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Well, looks like Cyber Monday was a success. $1.25B spent in US on-line- single biggest on-line day in US history. Wow.

Study: Cyber Monday was biggest online shopping day ever in U.S. - CNN.com
Anybody find any Cyber Monday deals that were better than Black Friday deals? I didn't even do any shopping on CM, but I did mostly online shopping on BF. The ads I saw for CM deals weren't that great imo.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:56 AM   #58
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Anybody find any Cyber Monday deals that were better than Black Friday deals? I didn't even do any shopping on CM, but I did mostly online shopping on BF. The ads I saw for CM deals weren't that great imo.
I didnt see any last yr,trying to find some this yr.My mom wants the Walmart tv deal theyve got on a 40" lcd for 200 bucks but im not waiting in that line.I see some people have been camping out at Best buy since monday!
I see Amazon is going to have some good deals on Tvs but I think you have to watch their site all frickin day to see when they post it
Old 11-21-2012, 09:08 AM   #59
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

the way Black Friday is going...within 5 years major stores will be opening all day thanksgiving. this country is just sad sometimes. feel horrible for anyone who has to work on thanksgiving, like to think what our fore fathers think about this?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #60
MTK
\m/

There are some great deals this year... 40 inch tv's going for $200? That's pretty insane. Still, you wouldn't catch me out there dealing with the nut-jobs.