Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Haynesworth trade possibly in the works

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-15-2010, 06:35 AM   #46
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Re: Haynesworth trade possibly in the works

I'll be really mad if the trade AH.

DON'T TRADE AH, DON'T TRADE AH, DON'T TRADE AH, REPEAT A MILLION TIMES.

IMO

HTTR.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-15-2010, 07:03 AM   #47
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Another AH thread????? Sigh....
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:37 AM   #48
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

A few thoughts here:

-Blache, Zorn and Cerrato were the driving forces behind getting AH last year. Had Shanahan been here last year we wouldn't have signed him

-In other words, Shanahan doesn't like him. I didn't realize until I talked to someone a couple of days ago how much he doesn't like him

-That said, Shanahan isn't looking to unload Haynesworth but he is listening to offers and may settle for something a bit less than value

-Haynesworth isn't crazy about playing in a 3-4, though this defense will have many variations, but he does believe that he can play for Haslett

-I mentioned Howard Green yesterday morning and I don't see him quite the same way that JLC does. I don't think signing him is indicative of any AH trade

-There's something else at play here. No one is biting on some of the other players we have shopped. A lot of it could be teams simply waiting for draft weekend. But some trades that the Redskins were hoping would happen simply haven't yet

-All that said, I think some of those other moves will happen and I hope the Skins don't get desperate of frustrated and unload Haynesworth for poor value
Old 04-15-2010, 07:45 AM   #49
johno
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
A few thoughts here:

-Blache, Zorn and Cerrato were the driving forces behind getting AH last year. Had Shanahan been here last year we wouldn't have signed him

-In other words, Shanahan doesn't like him. I didn't realize until I talked to someone a couple of days ago how much he doesn't like him

-That said, Shanahan isn't looking to unload Haynesworth but he is listening to offers and may settle for something a bit less than value

-Haynesworth isn't crazy about playing in a 3-4, though this defense will have many variations, but he does believe that he can play for Haslett

-I mentioned Howard Green yesterday morning and I don't see him quite the same way that JLC does. I don't think signing him is indicative of any AH trade

-There's something else at play here. No one is biting on some of the other players we have shopped. A lot of it could be teams simply waiting for draft weekend. But some trades that the Redskins were hoping would happen simply haven't yet

-All that said, I think some of those other moves will happen and I hope the Skins don't get desperate of frustrated and unload Haynesworth for poor value
amen.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:57 AM   #50
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Well see ya later!! I don't want guys on our team that bitch and wine when they just got 21 million dollars! Fuck off haynesworth, I really backed this guy when we signed him and even bought a Chinese fake authentic jersey lol. O well
Old 04-15-2010, 08:40 AM   #51
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I'm just wondering why this wasn't in the "2010 offseason Rumors and Reports" thread? I think most of us were already talking about it there. Even mentioned the two DT they brought or were bringing in and signing. I could see if AH was traded then yes new thread.

Anyway, it looks like Shanahan is not playing around. Either your on board or your not. If your not your gone.

Anybody remember the name of the DT that recently got traded or picked up for a 2nd rounder? I can't remember the name but I remember some of you guys saying no way AH goes less then a 1st if the other guy got picked up for a 2nd.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:00 AM   #52
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by johno View Post
amen.
seriously, id rather keep AH and deal with whatever discontent lies btw shanny and AH than to trade him for a 2nd rounder.

shanny doesnt seem like he plays around. i guess plummers impression that once you get on shanny's bad side, you stay on his bad side seems accurate so far.

at times last year AH was a beast, pushing the o line back a good 2-3 steps right from the snap. it was awesome to see, taking it with a grain of salt those times he got tired or wasnt in there for important snaps.

he did impact important plays thoo,

1st game of the season, giants going for it on 4th and goal, stuffed by AH.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:05 AM   #53
drew54
The Starter

I would rather he play 15-20 snaps a game for someone else.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:08 AM   #54
MTK
\m/

I would be happy if we could get a couple of 2nd rounders for AH like the Broncos got for Marshall.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:25 AM   #55
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I would be happy if we could get a couple of 2nd rounders for AH like the Broncos got for Marshall.
as would i. I simply don't get why everyone is so upset about the potential of trading him. as long as we get the proper value for him, which i feel is about 800 points on the draft trade value chart, i'd be happy.

i've outlined a plethora of reasons trading him a number of times, and i'm not going to go over them all again here. bottom line is that haynesworth is not indespensable to the team, we've got a number of needs to fill on the team, and haynesworth is - by far - the player on our team with the most trade value. it makes alot of sense to move him.

that said, if we traded him for anything less than 650 points, i'd be pissed.

(For comparisons sake, Brandon Marshall was traded for the 11th pick in the 2nd round this year (470) points and Miami's 2nd rounder next year. Assuming Miami finishes with the exact same record next year, that pick would also be worth 470 points in the 2011 draft. So, without doing any fancy adjustments to compensate for depreciating the value of future picks, Marshall was worth about 940 points).
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:51 AM   #56
Moondog
Camp Scrub

Quote:

^This^

I'm also not convinced that the two sides feel as strongly about the situation or each other as is being shopped around by bored sports writers.
Moondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:58 AM   #57
celts32
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Looks like AH might indeed be traded. Jason La Canfora says AH is looking to be traded and we are looking at another FA DT to possibly take his place if he is indeed traded. Looks like Shwartz from Detroit is very interested in him.Haynesworth avoiding Redskins' voluntary minicamp; trade possible
I can't think of a less reliable source then JLC. That said I would trade AH for Detroit's #2 pick but Tenn's #3 is not enough. We already paid the bulk of the money and even if he's disgruntled he will still be more valuable then a 3rd round pick will be.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:37 AM   #58
Frost
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Shanny and Bruce seem to already be losing control of the situation. If we can believe earlier reports Albert went into the season (off-season) committing himself to be at the top of his game. I would argue two points: 1) AH at the top of his game is the most dominant defensive player in football 2) that fact should be enough reason to build the effing defense around him i.e. keep the 4-3 and improve on what we've got.

Instead Shanny/Haslett/Allen have decided to force a scheme for which we don't even have the personnel. And because they effed up the trade w/ the Eagles it seems inevitable we'll lose our best player on the roster.

What is really frustrating about this is the simple fact we're not likely to stick w/ whatever Shanny and Haslett think they're doing anyway. Haslett is a mediocre to sub-par coach. His units have never impressed. And Shanny has a penchant for kicking DCs to the curb even when they perform well (some of his DCs in Denver produced top 10 defenses but still got axed). That's pure ego IMO. So Haslett is likely gone in a year and we start all over again defensively.

Couldn't have said it better. That's exactly why this whole situation f**king sucks and Shanny is getting annoying and the season hasn't even started. WHY is he changing the scheme on a top 10 D. His main reason for what was published is that he wants turnovers. You want turnovers? How about you should have gotten rid of Carlos and added a CB with better hands, add a Real free safety and move Landry to Strong safety where he belongs, then you at least give the D a season to see how they do which I bet they would get a lot more turnovers and interceptions. If that does not work then you do the whole switch. But at least you would have given the D an opportunity. But no instead he hires Haslett (crappy D coach) changes the scheme, huffs and puffs that AH won't attend "voluntary camp" and most likely will end up trading Albert for a crappy pick.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:37 AM   #59
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
I can't think of a less reliable source then JLC. That said I would trade AH for Detroit's #2 pick but Tenn's #3 is not enough. We already paid the bulk of the money and even if he's disgruntled he will still be more valuable then a 3rd round pick will be.
I trust JLC more than i trust Schefter when it comes to this sort of thing. his closeness to shanahan makes the accuracy of the information doubtful, especially when its to the skins strategic advantage to get false information out there. kinda like - whether it was about the search for WMDs or stories on the war in iraq, who would be most likely to report information closer to the truth - Fox News or the BBC? i'm not trying to get political beacuse I really don't care. I just think that, when agendas are involved, the media outlet with "closest" source is not going to have the most accurate information.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #60
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Man I get that he's getting away from what we've done before but how do you hate getting one of the most dominant players in the game?

Quote:

I'm with you on that; people just aren't going to value our guys the way we do, especially like you said, with the draft right around the corner.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote