Josh Johnson Named Tampa Bay Quarterback

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-30-2009, 01:42 PM   #46
GoSkins!
The Starter

Re: Josh Johnson Named Tampa Bay Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
The D has NOT taken on the personna I expected. I envisioned AH dragging three guys into the backfield while Arakpo threw the QB to the ground like a rag doll. THAT obviously is not happening.
BUT, if the D has not changed and we were winning (to a point) last season...what has changed.
Well, well maybe they aren't who we wanted yet, but they are good enough?
That obviously points to the O totally, and perhaps the D doesn't deserve.........ALL the bad press they have gotten
If that is what we want to see, we should bring back Marty. We need a guy that will simply raise the bar for everyone.

Advertisements
Old 09-30-2009, 01:47 PM   #47
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
I've always liked Josh Johnson and i remembering hearing that Zorn liked this kid coming out of San Deigo?

YouTube - Draftguys TV: Profile - Josh Johnson - QB

NFL Videos: 2008 Combine: Josh Johnson

I was hoping that the Bucs would cut him so that Zorn would pick him up as another QB project/back-up.

I hope the kid has the worst game of his life, but if they scheme against our defense, like the Lions did, he could play poorly and still put up points against us.

I hope we don't show this kid alot of man coverage because he'll run all over us.
He impresses me more than Stafford as far as a prospect comingout of college. How that will translate o Sunday is yet to be seen. But I hope that their decision to drop their OC when they did will still be a factor when they play us. So far their offense has been horrendous. I hope they dont show up this game. But knowing us. They will.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:00 AM   #48
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

This kid already has one likely advantage this weekend: He'll have all day to throw.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:23 AM   #49
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor View Post
Damn it does not take long for even first year head coaches to make changes at the qb position in order to produce more offense. Maybe Zorn needs to follow the same. With Collins I think he does reads the field much better than Campbell. I'm tired of receivers streaking wide open and he throws dumb off passes to his backs. I believe Campbell is the real reason our receivers are not having a lot passes and that our o-line looks horrible. Campbell holds the ball to long for an offense that is supposed to be quick striking. Although I believe Campbell is not the only problem he is part of the problem with Zorn's offense.
WTF is a dumb off pass???? Yeah epic fail. Big Ben also holds the ball too long. Not saying that JC is Big Ben just saying your an idiot.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:03 AM   #50
Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor
Special Teams

The big difference is that Big Ben holds the ball to make throws downfield but when Campbell does it, it seems to go to a running back.
Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:37 AM   #51
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
The big difference is that Big Ben holds the ball to make throws downfield but when Campbell does it, it seems to go to a running back.

I agree with that but you have to remember Ben's Oline is better than ours and he still takes more sacks than Campbell does.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:45 AM   #52
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
This kid already has one likely advantage this weekend: He'll have all day to throw.
I'm more concerned with his running ability, this guy can really run. I'm reminded of one of the biggest plays in Sunday's game, a 21yd. run on 3rd & 13 by Stafford.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:02 AM   #53
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Damn it does not take long for even first year head coaches to make changes at the qb position in order to produce more offense. Maybe Zorn needs to follow the same. With Collins I think he does reads the field much better than Campbell. I'm tired of receivers streaking wide open and he throws dumb off passes to his backs. I believe Campbell is the real reason our receivers are not having a lot passes and that our o-line looks horrible. Campbell holds the ball to long for an offense that is supposed to be quick striking. Although I believe Campbell is not the only problem he is part of the problem with Zorn's offense.
I'm sick of this argument. He's been sacked 5 times TOTAL in 3 games. He has 65 yards running already and has only lost that one unfortunate fumble to Osi in the NJ Giants game.

Maybe it was true in his first few starts, but he has clearly taken care of the problem. It's crazy how people can not move on from things around here.

Campbell is clearly a leader now and if given the chance to call red zone plays, I believe would help the team score a lot more. He's moving the offense down the field consistently even without our running game, which has suddenly disappeared. He's the lone bright spot every week on the team. Moss, Cooley, Portis, the rest of the WRs...none of them have showed up every week this year. Campbell has...and the stats do not lie about him being the 9th-best passer in the NFL.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:59 PM   #54
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Campbell is clearly a leader now and if given the chance to call red zone plays, I believe would help the team score a lot more.
Unfortunately, Zorn's ego thus far has been too big for this. Hopefully he gets more confident with Campbell as the season progresses. If not, Campbell will most likely be kicked to the curb, and the Skins will start a new search for franchise QB.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:06 PM   #55
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Kyle Orton, Denver Broncos (26)
There’s no doubting that this will be Orton’s most important season of his short career. Moving from Chicago to Denver, Orton will finally be able to let himself go in an offense that will challenge and potentially reward him. With an open playbook and a talented stable of receivers to throw to, Orton should be able to improve on his 18 TD’s and his miserable 58.5 completion percentage. A great season could make Broncos fans forget about Jay Cutler and Kyle Orton a highly sought-after commodity.

Chad Pennington, Miami Dolphins (33)
A year after shocking the NFL by leading the Dolphins to a miracle turnaround, rumors have it that Chad’s playing his last season in a Dolphins uniform. The Dolphins really like 2nd-year pro Chad Henne as the future starter and have drafted Pat White as a probable back-up. This means that Pennington will need to use this season as an audition to prove he can still be a valuable asset on a playoff contender. He’s never had a rocket arm, but is very intelligent, completes a high percentage, and rarely turns the ball over. Teams interested in Chad’s services will likely have a position open for him and offer him a mid-level 2 year contract. Keep in mind though that the former 1st round selection has never stayed healthy enough to play consecutive 16-game seasons in his entire career.

Other Notable Free Agents:

Charlie Batch, Pittsburgh Steelers (34)
Kyle Boller, St. Louis Rams (28)
David Carr, New York Giants (30)
Kellen Clemens, New York Jets (26)
Daunte Culpepper, Detroit Lions (32)
Jeff Garcia, Oakland Raiders (39)
Rex Grossman, Houston Texans (29)
Joey Harrington, New Orleans Saints (30)
Tarvaris Jackson, Minnesota Vikings (26)
Jon Kitna, Dallas Cowboys (36)
Matt Moore, Carolina Panthers (25) – Restricted FA
Patrick Ramsey, Tennessee Titans (30)
Brett Ratliff, Cleveland Browns (24) – Exclusive Rights FA
Troy Smith, Baltimore Ravens (25) – Restricted FA

College choices:
Tebow
Bradford
McCoy

I wrote up comments but this freakin page timed out. I logged back in and everything was lost. Ish!!
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company

Last edited by dmvskinzfan08; 10-02-2009 at 02:02 PM.
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:12 PM   #56
JGisLordOfTheRings
Playmaker

no f-ing tebow. That kid will just not make it at this level.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:27 AM   #57
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGisLordOfTheRings View Post
no f-ing tebow. That kid will just not make it at this level.
Agreed.