Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

What are you going to do about it?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-28-2009, 04:14 PM   #46
GusFrerotte

Re: What are you going to do about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
^ Amen SS, in the end who cares, if the skins win a SB does all my debt go away, do I live forever, does my penis grow 8 more inches, etc.... No nothing happens just like nothing happen to me when they lost to Detriot. For me it is a escape for three hours on a sunday afternoon, if that escape is pissing me off I turn it off. For the past few years I have been really struggling if why I follow any sports and I have backed off immensly the amount I use to watch and care about.

I think once I was married and now have a kid I really don't have enough free time to care or waste on sports. I can be a huge die hard Skins fan until I die will anyone ever thank me for that or I can pour that same intensity into my marriage and my son, guess what they are instantly grateful and loving. I could stop cheering for or switch teams this instant do you think anyone on the Redskins would care and this holds true for every person on here as well, they would not give a damn.

Perfect post. Life goes on whether the Skins win it all or suck. The thing to b e is just a run of the mill caual fan. THese bastards just want your money and are not going to repay your loyalty for anything. It is a show, a distraction, and realizing that will set you free in a way.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-28-2009, 04:18 PM   #47
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm32286 View Post
At the end of the day, no matter how terrible the Skins play, now matter how over priced the games are, and no matter how much our egotistical owner wants to micro-manage one of the greatest franchises in the world, I will still bleed the burgundy and gold and will still always pull for the Skins. We are all guilty of it every Monday (or Tuesday) morning when we wake up with the sour taste in our mouth from yet another loss where we successfully played to the level of our meager opponent. Let's not become fairweather fans like those in Philadelphia and New York. We have every right to be upset and pissed off, but in the end...we know we wouldn't have it any other way. We will always find ways to go to the games, turn on Fox and have the dip ready in time for kickoff, and sport our Cooley replica jersey while sitting in section 412 or on the La-Z-Boy. Why? Because we are Skins fans and we are apart of the greatest franchise in the world. Just some food for thought. We will turn this thing around. DOn't ever jump ship. No matter how upset you become and how ridiculous the situation becomes. Hail to the Skins.
Dude, it is a game. Nothing wrong to be a fan, but this shell game is getting old, and in the not too distant future folks are going to be in dire straights and won't give a hoot regardless of how the Skins perform. The best thing to do is just be a casual fan.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:47 PM   #48
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

I'm by no means saying my way is the best way, or it's my way or the highway. To each their own. In fact, there are certainly days where I wish I still was as intense about the Skins as I once was. I do frequent this site, and contribute what I can, and while not much, it helps keep me connected. Being a diehard Skins fan, having lived my youth in the Skins "glory years", it's quite hard to take the lumps week in and week out, watching such a storied franchise become the butt of many jokes. Today was like any other day, as I put my pants on one leg at a time, got my daughters ready for day care, and took care of my company's IT needs. As SS said earlier, a win only makes my Mondays a little bit brighter.

However, at the end of the day, I'll hang my Skins Coaches Hat next to my Skins jersey on my Skins coat hook and think about what could have been and what will be. And while I don't have the money to afford season tickets, or even single game tickets, I never turn down an opportunity to go to FedEx and cheer on the Redskins. And each Sunday, with the occasional Monday or Thursday, I will sit in front of the TV and watch them, whether they are 16-0 or 0-16, or anywhere in between.

So in short, what am I going to do about it? The same as I always have...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:07 PM   #49
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

I'll keep supporting the Redskins and cheering them on, as I've done sense I was just a knee kicker.

And will attend and ROCK THAT B & G at EVERY HOME game, and a few away good Lord willing. Was there for the greatness, the ok years and well these last 15 years or so.

As long as I'm takin air, I will be behind my SKINS 100%.

As I said yesterday, the sun would come out today, and it happens to be beautiful!
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:15 PM   #50
TheSmurfs22
The Starter

I support the Skins through thick and thin, have since I was 5 years old. However I do think we as fans do have the right to let the organization know we are not happy with the way things are run. Call, email or write them a letter, if nothing else to let them know if we are going to spend our hard earned dollars then it is time to see a quality product. There have been too many years of inconsistencies, overspending on busts, and flat out mediocrity.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:24 PM   #51
KLHJ2
Inactive

About the skins...nothing. They cannot be bad forever and it is definately not the end of the world unless you are one of those 2012 conspirators. The Skins will get back to winning one of these days. I remember when the Patriots, Colts, Steelers, Cowboys, and 49'ers all stunk for a very long time. Things will get better.

The fact that VT is still playing well keeps me pretty content. While I love the Skins twice as much, my college team is pretty consistent. I might even make the trip to the Orange Bowl this year.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:53 PM   #52
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
What can we do as fans of this franchise to help?
Wait it out, that's about it.

Quote:
One: We stop buying tickets to the games.
Sold out.. huge waiting list, etc

Quote:
Two: We stop buying all the trinkets.
I see this probably happening anyways, losing teams sell a lot less merchandise.

Quote:
Three: We write, contact, or voice our sentiment to people within the organization that we feel that Danny has ruined our team.
Is our HR department going to fire him? What if people don't think that Danny did it?

Quote:
I'm going to go on Cooley's website and tell him how I feel, respectfully. If anyone has any addresses I would greatly appreciate it. Don't worry, I'll not write about Communist and man eating chimps.
Well that's something I guess, he doesn't reply to comments that I've ever seen, unless he directly addresses them in another posting and then you've really got to stand out. I doubt that you need to tell the players what the problems are, they have much more of an idea than we do. Addresses? Leave them alone at home, doesn't matter how much they get paid, if it's from our money, or whatever. Clients don't write you at home do they? Channel your issues in a different way.

Quote:
Four: Join the mutiny! It will make you feel better. There's no point in being optimistic anymore. The handwriting is on the wall.
It certainly appears as if it will be a long year.

Quote:
You can still watch the games, you're paying for television right? That doesn't go into Danny's pockets. or does it? The point is that those tickets are a rip off.
You get money from TV deals, but from the network coverage/nfl revenue sharing, etc. The tickets other than premium are sold out so even if those seats were all empty the money is already there.

Quote:
There's no use in bitching about something you can't change. We do have the power of the wallet, and it speaks volumes.
Then why try to contact everyone down to the waterboy?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:35 PM   #53
Steven4est22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Seriously??? You may want to rethink your priorities in life.

You sound like Abe Lincoln but you are talking about a football team.

my priorities in the nfl season are the redskins. WE HAVE A FORUM DEDICATED TO THE REDSKINS AND THATS ALL WEEK TALK ABOUT ALL WEEK LONG. IM A FAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE. FAN IS SHORT FOR FANACTIC. YOU MAY WANT TO RETHINK YOUR PRIORITIES. YOU ACT LIKE YOU DONT CARE YET YOU BITCH WHEN WE LOSE AND YOU BITCH ON A REDSKINS FORUM. YOU SHOULD CHECK YOUR PRIORITYS BECAUSE WHEN I COME ON THIS FAN SITE MY PRIORITY IS THE REDSKINS
Steven4est22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:39 PM   #54
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Wait it out, that's about it.

Sold out.. huge waiting list, etc

I see this probably happening anyways, losing teams sell a lot less merchandise.

Is our HR department going to fire him? What if people don't think that Danny did it?

Well that's something I guess, he doesn't reply to comments that I've ever seen, unless he directly addresses them in another posting and then you've really got to stand out. I doubt that you need to tell the players what the problems are, they have much more of an idea than we do. Addresses? Leave them alone at home, doesn't matter how much they get paid, if it's from our money, or whatever. Clients don't write you at home do they? Channel your issues in a different way.

It certainly appears as if it will be a long year.

You get money from TV deals, but from the network coverage/nfl revenue sharing, etc. The tickets other than premium are sold out so even if those seats were all empty the money is already there.

Then why try to contact everyone down to the waterboy?
As usual, you dissect everyone else's post but offer nothing yourself.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:41 PM   #55
Steven4est22

If your only going to be a fan when they win then your not a fan. Ill watch the skins if they lose every single game. Its not about the players that dont care because there getting paid anyway its about tradition. Washington redskins football is what i wake up for on sundays. The whole day i dedicate to football and im truly a fan. If hey lose yes im pissed and if they win im happy all week long but never will i say that i dont support my team because of a loss. Were 1-2 not 0-3 if we get a win sunday then were at .500 the season just started so every one chill the fuck out and dont bitch until you decide you want to hang up your jersey then you can delete you account and like the patriots bercause there going to win more games then the skins this year
Steven4est22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:41 PM   #56
over the mountain
Playmaker

the only good thing about the skins having a bad season is that i get free tickets from fans who have given up on the skins.

go skins!!
Old 09-29-2009, 02:43 PM   #57
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
the only good thing about the skins having a bad season is that i get free tickets from fans who have given up on the skins.

go skins!!
Now that's productive! Besides free toppings, that's the best things I've heard so far.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:04 PM   #58
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven4est22 View Post
my priorities in the nfl season are the redskins. WE HAVE A FORUM DEDICATED TO THE REDSKINS AND THATS ALL WEEK TALK ABOUT ALL WEEK LONG. IM A FAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE. FAN IS SHORT FOR FANACTIC. YOU MAY WANT TO RETHINK YOUR PRIORITIES. YOU ACT LIKE YOU DONT CARE YET YOU BITCH WHEN WE LOSE AND YOU BITCH ON A REDSKINS FORUM. YOU SHOULD CHECK YOUR PRIORITYS BECAUSE WHEN I COME ON THIS FAN SITE MY PRIORITY IS THE REDSKINS

Ok, you are a bit strange, joined this month and only have 5 post; my guess is you will go away soon or be banned in the near future. BTW- I am proud of you as well.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:08 PM   #59
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven4est22 View Post
If your only going to be a fan when they win then your not a fan. Ill watch the skins if they lose every single game. Its not about the players that dont care because there getting paid anyway its about tradition. Washington redskins football is what i wake up for on sundays. The whole day i dedicate to football and im truly a fan. If hey lose yes im pissed and if they win im happy all week long but never will i say that i dont support my team because of a loss. Were 1-2 not 0-3 if we get a win sunday then were at .500 the season just started so every one chill the fuck out and dont bitch until you decide you want to hang up your jersey then you can delete you account and like the patriots bercause there going to win more games then the skins this year
woah chill out newb