MILE HIGH THRILLER POST GAME

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-17-2023, 10:41 PM   #46
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: MILE HIGH THRILLER POST GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I just don’t understand the hate, guy a great rookie season, followed by a sophomore slump, terrible knee injury and all he gets is hate. When Trent Williams played here he was hurt a lot or suspended for stupid shit and he didn’t get this kind of hate. By the end of the season people will be loving him.
Full disclosure, I hated the PI he caused and thought it was ridiculous stupid. A d just made a negative comment about Chase.

That being said, while this may be symptoms of Snyder PTSD, a lot of people on this board just love to hate on certain players, coaches, and FO folks. Its like they almost want people to fail so they can say they were right AND/OR are so stubbornly set on hating that person that they won't let anything change their mind.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-17-2023, 10:43 PM   #47
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
He has showboated way more than Trent ever did. He hasn't lived up anywhere near the initial year, and if Sweat wasn't on the other end with Payne pushing the middle, I don't think he gets that 1.5 sacks you mentioned.

It's not hate, it's just realistic valuation of a player that will probably hold out or be gone next year.
Trent was one blunt puff away from having a significant suspension. He was almost as immature as Chase. Except left tackles don't have as much exposure as pass rushers.

R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 10:43 PM   #48
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Full disclosure, I hated the PI he caused and thought it was ridiculous stupid. A d just made a negative comment about Chase.

That being said, while this may be symptoms of Snyder PTSD, a lot of people on this board just love to hate on certain players, coaches, and FO folks. Its like they almost want people to fail so they can say they were right AND/OR are so stubbornly set on hating that person that they won't let anything change their mind.

Oh well, it sucks for them to be wrong.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 10:44 PM   #49
HTTR
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I haven't looked, but I can imagine the gameday thread during the game must have been a heckuva rollercoaster ride!

2-0 is a good start.

It was replete with homicidal ideation, utter despondency, and cruel accusations. . . until the 21-3 fumble started the turnaround and set loose wild overestimations and giddy predictions, which then turned into bitter recriminations on the failed Hail Mary knockdown, finally ending in grudging acknowledgment that we had won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2023, 10:44 PM   #50
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
The fact is, there will be games when Sweat has great stats. There will be games when Young has great stats. And there will be games when Allen and/or Payne have great stats. They make each other better... don't care about the individual stats. They don't tell the story.
The entire dline owned Broncos' oline 2nd half. All 4 guys made an impact, and it was beautiful. Totally disrupted Wilson and his offense.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 10:48 PM   #51
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

The fans and team are hungry, the team knows the talent they have and I can see them kicking the Bills ass next week. The atmosphere next week will be electric, Colorado Buffaloes electric!!!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 09-17-2023, 11:01 PM   #52
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

If I'm not mistaken, we are tied with the cowboys with 10 sacks after 2 weeks. Guess who's #3? The Cardinals with 9.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 09-17-2023, 11:01 PM   #53
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The next 2 weeks are Huge

Old 09-17-2023, 11:14 PM   #54
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Not a great first quarter and a half (offense and defense - but mostly defense).

The LBs (and Chase) made the play that turned the tables.

The offense looked pretty damn good most of the game (yes, that includes the O-line).

The defense looked pretty damn good most of the game (yes, that includes C Young).

Maybe it was luck, or just maybe, the coaches made the necessary adjustments to pull this game out...probably not luck.

It's definitely a jaded fan base (warranted). The doom and gloom and the willingness to give up after 7 minutes into the first quarter was comical. I hope y'all find some happiness and/or hope somewhere / sometime.lol

2-0 is a fun place to be. Maybe the Bills clean our clocks next week. Whatever...2-1 is pretty good too.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 11:19 PM   #55
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Dude you're obsessed with hating Ron, chill out. LOL

Trust me I was there with you in the 1st quarter. But a lot of the shit coaches we've had before couldn't have pull this off.

Enjoy the win and hope we continue on an upward trend.

Don't really want JDR gone, but yeah Ron needs to go. That 59 yard field goal attempt (after Howells fumble) was one the stupidest decisions I've ever seen a HC make. The game had turned in the Skins favor (D dominating Bronco's at that point) and he decided to gift the Bronco's field position at midfield instead of pinning them back (which led to a field goal). He takes risks (River Boat Ron nick name) and it's ok to take risks, but not stupid risks and Ron takes a lot of stupid risks.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 11:21 PM   #56
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Not a great first quarter and a half (offense and defense - but mostly defense).

The LBs (and Chase) made the play that turned the tables.

The offense looked pretty damn good most of the game (yes, that includes the O-line).

The defense looked pretty damn good most of the game (yes, that includes C Young).

Maybe it was luck, or just maybe, the coaches made the necessary adjustments to pull this game out...probably not luck.

It's definitely a jaded fan base (warranted). The doom and gloom and the willingness to give up after 7 minutes into the first quarter was comical. I hope y'all find some happiness and/or hope somewhere / sometime.lol

2-0 is a fun place to be. Maybe the Bills clean our clocks next week. Whatever...2-1 is pretty good too.
The D had some breakdowns but did what was needed. Shit we are tied with 10 sacks (league high) Sweat has the same number of sacks as Parsons. Does anyone talk about our D? NO!! They need to clean some shit up, but this D barring injury will be dominant. And we are missing Mathis.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 09-17-2023, 11:35 PM   #57
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
The D had some breakdowns but did what was needed. Shit we are tied with 10 sacks (league high) Sweat has the same number of sacks as Parsons. Does anyone talk about our D? NO!! They need to clean some shit up, but this D barring injury will be dominant. And we are missing Mathis.
Yes like the dline depth also. Toohill, Smith-Williams, Anderson, etc. Dline is no joke at all. Thought Young played pretty well today in his return. He was in on some plays for sure and you can see his sheer strength on the Wilson sack he had. Very fun and dominant 2nd half by this dline.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 11:38 PM   #58
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Don't really want JDR gone, but yeah Ron needs to go. That 59 yard field goal attempt (after Howells fumble) was one the stupidest decisions I've ever seen a HC make. The game had turned in the Skins favor (D dominating Bronco's at that point) and he decided to gift the Bronco's field position at midfield instead of pinning them back (which led to a field goal). He takes risks (River Boat Ron nick name) and it's ok to take risks, but not stupid risks and Ron takes a lot of stupid risks.
From a fan's perspective, I wasn't a fan of the move either. I would have rather seen a punt there considering how the D was (suddenly) playing. However, I have to believe Ron saw Slye hit numerous 60 yard FGs during warmups and thought it would be better to end that possession with points, rather than punt. It didn't work out... whatever. Not all decisions turn out to be right. Had Slye made it, no one would be questioning the decision.
Old 09-17-2023, 11:40 PM   #59
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Maybe this franchise really is turning the corner… it’s hard to get to high on them since we’ve sucked for so long. Hopefully they keep this thing rolling

Old 09-17-2023, 11:45 PM   #60
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

By the way...Logan Thomas scored the TD after J Davis & C Barton turned the ball over (thanks to C Young's pressure). How LT held on to that ball when he got completely blown up is beyond me... That was more than impressive. He deserves some props. That whole sequence of events, that turned the tide of the game, was brought to you by - players a lot of you want outta here...