Washington vs Card Pre Game

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-31-2023, 09:57 PM   #46
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: Washington vs Card Pre Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Our schedule has 7 wins written all over it. Hate to be that guy but….

All I really want to see this year is Sam ball out. There are going to be major changes after this season and then it is on. Just keepin it real. Lol.
I think we're lucky if we get 7 wins. Ron is a lame duck coach at this point. Del Rio needed to have been jettisoned in the OS, but noooooo......
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-31-2023, 10:03 PM   #47
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Chase Young is the toughest looking paper mache sculpture i have ever seen.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 12:03 AM   #48
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Ready to crush Arizona in week 1. Let's go Commanders! Don't think it matters if Dobbs or Thune starts really.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 01:08 AM   #49
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
So you are saying that our current team is worst than last year's team that won 8 games?

I have yet to hear a convincing argument from the doom and gloom crowd.
That's kinda where I'm at.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 01:25 AM   #50
EdmundDorf
The Starter

I am optimistic of doing better than last year purely on having a better QB and competant OC this year. That said, I can understand others who think they will have a losing season as there were as many or more close wins last season as there were close losses, could have been 11-6, but likewise could have been 6-11. You are what your record says you are, a 500 team. But if you can't be optimistic going into a season when will you be, personally I couldn't follow a sport without some promise of getting better.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 01:52 AM   #51
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I can see why you would say that. It's not the easiest schedule.

- I think we can go .500 vs the AFC East.

- I think we take 4/7 from Chicago, Arizona, Denver, LA, SF, Seattle, & Atlanta.

- I think we go at least .500 vs the NFC East (we went 2-3-1 last year).

That's 9 wins... I'm thinking 7 is the floor and 11 is the ceiling.

Hopefully the ball bounces our way this year more than it doesn't.
We're more or less on the same page.
Of course the season could derail for whatever reason (injuries, couple of bad bounces early etc...), but realisticly our floor should be 7 wins.
I don't know about 11 but I see a path to us getting to 10 wins.

It's been said before, but with our schedule, a significantly improved team could end up 8 and 9.
Our division could be really tough, and we're playing the toughest looking AFC div.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2023, 06:31 AM   #52
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

This is a team that looks good on paper - Howell notwithstanding.

The issue is we always have this optimism at the start of every year that things will improve over the previous year and instead we start slow, we waste the first half of the season getting our shit together, win a few on the backend and finish the season average. It's the Rivera way.

Hopefully this year will be different but if we get off to a fast start in the first 4 games it will be the first time in years that has happened.
Old 09-01-2023, 08:56 AM   #53
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I hear you. This year feels different to me though, and I'd rather be optimistic about our chances, now that the stink of DS is out the door, than not.

Last edited by Chief X_Phackter; 09-01-2023 at 01:06 PM.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 09:03 AM   #54
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
So you are saying that our current team is worst than last year's team that won 8 games?

I have yet to hear a convincing argument from the doom and gloom crowd.

Um. No. Im saying our schedule is tougher. Our division is going to be tough as nails because the other three teams are all playoff teams going into this year. Sam is still basically a rookie, and it is a new offense. We did nothing to bolster our LB corp. Rivera is still the HC so I still expect slow starts and the inability to adjust. I think we will be a more competitive team based solely on Sam and EB. Don’t think we are an automatic win for anyone anymore. However that doesn’t automatically equate to 10 wins and a playoff birth. I think we are a year away. If you wanna wave your fan boy flag and call me doom and gloom have at it though.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 09:15 AM   #55
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I hear you. This year feels different to me though, and I'd rather be optimistic about our chances now that the stink of DS is out the door, than not.

The stink of DS is certainly out the door, but due to the timing of it all the new Ownership group didn’t really have a chance to put their stamp on this team. It is basically the same team, staff, and FO as it would have been had he stayed. We have a ton of cap space for this offseason and what I think is a really good young quarterback in the wings. Let the new owner have a year to observe and an offseason to work with. EB and Sam automatically make us more competitive and a playoff birth certainly isn’t out of the question. Im certainly not laying money down on it though. Next year at this time I probably would. In the meantime ill hope Sam balls the fuck out and we shock everyone.
Old 09-01-2023, 09:27 AM   #56
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I think we're lucky if we get 7 wins. Ron is a lame duck coach at this point. Del Rio needed to have been jettisoned in the OS, but noooooo......

Ownership situation meant everything was at a stalemate. We are super fortunate we had Sam on the team and that we landed EB. Super fortunate. Wait until this off season NC. Going to be lit. Lol.

Like I said , pray that Sam balls out and we shock people earlier than expected. See the Giants last year.
Old 09-01-2023, 10:57 AM   #57
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

No doubt our schedule looks daunting. We still have RR who is oblivious to many things, chief among them offense in general and, in particular, QBs who you can win with and QBs you cannot win with. So, I believe that these two things, our schedule and Ron's coaching deficiencies, were and still could be our primary inhibitors to having a winning season.

That said, it's just not predictable what kind of problems an upcoming opponent might be having when we meet them. Some games might turn out to be more winnable than they look to be on paper. Also, the division games are different. They are usually knock down drag out games that are often won by the underdogs. So, I don't worry much about the schedule.

As for the offense, I'm just hoping that Ron leaves the offense to EB - period, end of story. I believe in EB. I think we'll score significantly more points than last year under EB. Also, essentially, Ron can't screw up the QB decisions this year even if he wanted to. That's because I believe in our QB's. Sam will shock the League with his competent play this season and we have a proven backup in Jacoby. There is no turd of a QB for Ron to float out onto the field this season.

We have a deep, talented defense, very good STs, and we'll have a much improved offense, IMO. We should have a good season. Now it's up to the players and coaches to make it happen.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 12:10 PM   #58
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Um. No. Im saying our schedule is tougher. Our division is going to be tough as nails because the other three teams are all playoff teams going into this year. Sam is still basically a rookie, and it is a new offense. We did nothing to bolster our LB corp. Rivera is still the HC so I still expect slow starts and the inability to adjust. I think we will be a more competitive team based solely on Sam and EB. Don’t think we are an automatic win for anyone anymore. However that doesn’t automatically equate to 10 wins and a playoff birth. I think we are a year away. If you wanna wave your fan boy flag and call me doom and gloom have at it though.
I don't think we're a 10-win team, but I think we have a better team than last year's and I think that gives us a chance to at least match our record from last season and potentially improve it.

Also, people should not dismiss the terrible effect that Snyder had on this team at all levels. He was f*cking awful and having him out of the picture should help everyone do their jobs better.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 12:38 PM   #59
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I am feeling pretty positive. I don't see how we are worse than last year as of right now. Ask me in November.
Old 09-01-2023, 12:50 PM   #60
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Ron and this team needs to get off to a fast start

And god damn it…Logan, Fuller and ESPECIALLY Chase Young needs to be on the field week 1. I’m tired of this lingering bullshit and excuses, get on the field.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote