2023 schedule release thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-15-2023, 11:13 AM   #46
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: 2023 schedule release thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I read the article. I don't know if they are his team he is just complaining for complaing's sake is all.
Which is why I assumed this person was a Giants fan

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-15-2023, 11:17 AM   #47
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
+1 on all Mara related points. The best way to screw the Giants would be alternating Sunday/Thursday games though. If they played every Thursday they'd get used to having a week in between games.
I feel the love!
Old 05-15-2023, 02:00 PM   #48
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I feel the love!
Don't take it personally, I like you but I loathe Mara and the Giants ever since that bullshit "spirit of the salary cap" penalty in 2011.
Old 05-15-2023, 02:21 PM   #49
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Don't take it personally, I like you but I loathe Mara and the Giants ever since that bullshit "spirit of the salary cap" penalty in 2011.
I get it all good. Let me ask you a question , knowing what you know now about Snyder and his management team does that change your mind that maybe they did do something wrong, just a question ,nothing more.
Old 05-15-2023, 02:23 PM   #50
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
I get it. Let me ask you a question , knowing what you know now about Snyder and his management team does that change your mind that maybe they did do something wrong, just a question ,nothing more.
no . . . it was an uncapped year . . . spirt of the salary cap means nothing if there is no salary cap . . . was bullshit AND collusion.
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 02:32 PM   #51
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
I get it all good. Let me ask you a question , knowing what you know now about Snyder and his management team does that change your mind that maybe they did do something wrong, just a question ,nothing more.
If I remember correctly, the team was penalized for basically not colluding with the rest of the owners during that cap less year. I also believe the Saints were penalized for doing something similar, although to a lesser degree.

I think the team did what they had to do to get out of the hole they were in due to bad contracts and signings. But from what I remember, the penalties were from the other owners basically saying "you should've done what we were not supposed to be doing" if that makes sense.

I personally don't see this much as a Snyder mismanagement, but perhaps more as something that had to be done due to his mismanagement.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 02:59 PM   #52
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
If I remember correctly, the team was penalized for basically not colluding with the rest of the owners during that cap less year. I also believe the Saints were penalized for doing something similar, although to a lesser degree.

I think the team did what they had to do to get out of the hole they were in due to bad contracts and signings. But from what I remember, the penalties were from the other owners basically saying "you should've done what we were not supposed to be doing" if that makes sense.

I personally don't see this much as a Snyder mismanagement, but perhaps more as something that had to be done due to his mismanagement.
As far as I can remember there four teams , Washington, Cowboy, Saints and Raiders(I think) that got punished maybe a few others not sure. If there are 32 business's an all do the same thing if they all agree to conduct business a certain way then it should be done that way. I can see the "collusion aspect" but had every team gone back on their word then they wouldn't had been any penalties. JMO but to me the problem was the Hansworth contract.

Last edited by Giantone; 05-15-2023 at 03:16 PM.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 05:42 PM   #53
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Snyder has a laundry list of horrible acts to sift through and call him on - but violating the "spirit" of the salary cap is not one of them. There either is or is not a cap, and IIRC there were many teams that acted in a similar manner that offseason but only the Cowboys and Redskins were punished. So Mara can go fuck himself.
Old 05-15-2023, 05:43 PM   #54
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
no . . . it was an uncapped year . . . spirt of the salary cap means nothing if there is no salary cap . . . was bullshit AND collusion.
Agreed.
Old 05-15-2023, 09:03 PM   #55
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Snyder has a laundry list of horrible acts to sift through and call him on - but violating the "spirit" of the salary cap is not one of them. There either is or is not a cap, and IIRC there were many teams that acted in a similar manner that offseason but only the Cowboys and Redskins were punished. So Mara can go fuck himself.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 10:06 PM   #56
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
As far as I can remember there four teams , Washington, Cowboy, Saints and Raiders(I think) that got punished maybe a few others not sure. If there are 32 business's an all do the same thing if they all agree to conduct business a certain way then it should be done that way. I can see the "collusion aspect" but had every team gone back on their word then they wouldn't had been any penalties. JMO but to me the problem was the Hansworth contract.
They agreed publicly and legally, no salary cap. So, no salary cap. People that actually took that to mean there was no cap got punished for not following rules that did not actually exist, because, if they did, it would be illegal (which also means they wouldn't need to be followed).

If the owners wanted a salary cap, they should have gotten the thing done.

not bitter or holding a grudge though. /s
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 10:29 PM   #57
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
This all day.

He Gets Us
Old 05-16-2023, 11:15 AM   #58
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
No , other teams were penalized also , just no one abused the agreement in that manor.
Old 05-16-2023, 11:19 AM   #59
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Which is why I assumed this person was a Giants fan
My favorite was his gripe about the Seahawks. They have to travel the furthest out of every NFL franchise. Wait the most isolated team in the NFL has the furthest to travel? No way. I don't believe it.
Old 05-16-2023, 11:41 AM   #60
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
No , other teams were penalized also , just no one abused the agreement in that manor.
“The agreement”

He Gets Us