Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

AROUND THE NFL WEEK SB THREAD

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-07-2023, 05:45 PM   #46
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: AROUND THE NFL WEEK SB THREAD

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...steve-wilks-dc

I'm noticing a smart trend here by Kyle Shanny. Ever since the NFL instituted the "2 third-round picks for a minority HC/FO hire" he has reaped the rewards, once with Robert Saleh, then Demeco Ryans, and possibly now with Wilks if he can redeem himself from his interim stint with the Panthers.

Advertisements
Old 02-07-2023, 06:36 PM   #47
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Nice. Hiring minority coaches so he can later flip them for picks. Brilliant.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 10:00 PM   #48
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
LOL ESPN Just reported that Daniel Jones is asking for 35M A yr!!

It is getting ridiculous. If a guy doesn’t throw 20 interceptions and stays healthy he thinks he can write his own check, and the teams are going along for the ride.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 10:39 PM   #49
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rkness-retreat

The Green Bay Packers' quarterback said Tuesday on "The Pat McAfee Show" that he will embark on a four-day/four-night "darkness retreat" soon after the Super Bowl on Sunday.

"I've got a pretty cool opportunity to do a little self-reflection in some isolation," Rodgers said. "And then after that I feel like I'll be a lot closer to a final, final decision."

It's just sitting in isolation, meditation, dealing with your thoughts," Rodgers said. "It stimulates DMT, so there can be some hallucinations in there but it's just kind of sitting in silence, which most of us never do. We rarely even turn our phone off or put the blinds down to sleep in darkness. I'm really looking forward to it."

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 11:22 PM   #50
Meks
Pro Bowl

Lol he's a strange fuckin bird for a qb but he's not wrong 🤷
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 08:08 AM   #51
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
That sounds right tho
Yeah Jones is going to get paid, it's his turn and he's coming off a very solid season. If NY doesn't pay him someone else will.
Old 02-08-2023, 08:55 AM   #52
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
It is getting ridiculous. If a guy doesn’t throw 20 interceptions and stays healthy he thinks he can write his own check, and the teams are going along for the ride.
MPO is that no one, anyone is worth that type of money. It's market value and as I posted even at 30mill he will still be around #15-20 in pay as a QB. He played better then Murray, Wilson and Watson and all of them are above 200 million. Jones won't see that I think he'll be in the 120 range, 30 mill a year on a four year deal with around 80-85 guaranteed.
Old 02-08-2023, 09:56 AM   #53
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

#Cardinals QB Kyler Murray "hasn't been the guy to set the tone for the organization." according to
@AlbertBreer

"When your quarterback doesn't show up for half the offseason program, that's a problem."

"Other players might see it as license to stay [away]."
Old 02-08-2023, 10:05 AM   #54
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
#Cardinals QB Kyler Murray "hasn't been the guy to set the tone for the organization." according to
@AlbertBreer

"When your quarterback doesn't show up for half the offseason program, that's a problem."

"Other players might see it as license to stay [away]."
All the red flags were there and they still handed him the contract.

He’s a lazy piece of shit

He Gets Us
Old 02-08-2023, 10:07 AM   #55
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
All the red flags were there and they still handed him the contract.

He’s a lazy piece of shit
Lazy and frankly just not very good outside of his running ability.
Old 02-08-2023, 10:09 AM   #56
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
MPO is that no one, anyone is worth that type of money. It's market value and as I posted even at 30mill he will still be around #15-20 in pay as a QB. He played better then Murray, Wilson and Watson and all of them are above 200 million. Jones won't see that I think he'll be in the 120 range, 30 mill a year on a four year deal with around 80-85 guaranteed.
This is wishful thinking…minimum 160, minimum 100 guaranteed

He Gets Us
Old 02-08-2023, 10:10 AM   #57
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Seriously, just because someone else will pay you 35 million doesn't mean you're worth 35 million to my team. Let some other team pay all that money. If you don't suck = 30 million = pass!!

You really do need to draft a QB every season or every other season at most. Need to have someone on a rookie contract that can step-in at least for a year, if you let a ridiculously overpriced QB walk. When you finally get a Mahomes, sure pay him all the money in the world. Those guys will get you to the Super Bowl w/ their ability. But if Danny Dimes is taking up 35 million, it ain't going to be as easy. He isn't dragging players up with him, he needs a great cast around him if they ever do win one. Hard to have a great cast around with all the money going to 1 mediocre QB.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 01:48 PM   #58
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Seriously, just because someone else will pay you 35 million doesn't mean you're worth 35 million to my team. Let some other team pay all that money. If you don't suck = 30 million = pass!!

You really do need to draft a QB every season or every other season at most. Need to have someone on a rookie contract that can step-in at least for a year, if you let a ridiculously overpriced QB walk. When you finally get a Mahomes, sure pay him all the money in the world. Those guys will get you to the Super Bowl w/ their ability. But if Danny Dimes is taking up 35 million, it ain't going to be as easy. He isn't dragging players up with him, he needs a great cast around him if they ever do win one. Hard to have a great cast around with all the money going to 1 mediocre QB.
Have you seen the CAP , dropping Golladay June 1st will save us an additional 13.5 million. add in the increase for next year we will still be in good spot. 2023 cap #5 , 2024 cap #2 projected.
Old 02-08-2023, 01:52 PM   #59
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Have you seen the CAP , dropping Golladay June 1st will save us an additional 13.5 million. add in the increase for next year we will still be in good spot. 2023 cap #5 , 2024 cap #2 projected.
This was meant to be more of a general statement about QB's at his level. I used his name because that's whose name was in the discussion. But you could replace Danny with quite a few names and I'd make the same argument.

Ex)

"...Those guys will get you to the Super Bowl w/ their ability. But if it's Derek Carr, it ain't going to be as easy. He isn't dragging players up with him, he needs a great cast around him if they ever do win one. Hard to have a great cast around with all the money going to 1 mediocre QB."

I just think there are way better ways to use $35 million, than on a middle of the road QB.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 02:07 PM   #60
MTK
\m/

If you're NY what do you do? Let Jones walk and basically start over with a rookie or go with a journeyman who at best will keep you around .500?

I'd rather take my chances with Jones and hope he continues to develop and ascend.

We let Cousins go and we've been floundering ever since.