Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Shaun Alexander released

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-27-2008, 09:00 AM   #46
MTK
\m/

Re: Shaun Alexander released

I think Edge still thinks of himself as a starter, not sure if there will be a team out there that agrees, but regardless I don't see him coming here. Betts is a solid backup.

Advertisements
Old 11-27-2008, 10:09 AM   #47
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Besides, why would we want James when, in all likelihood, Mason will be cut by the Jets and we could sign him instead.

and to be cleas... yes that was sarcasm.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:21 PM   #48
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Besides, why would we want James when, in all likelihood, Mason will be cut by the Jets and we could sign him instead.

and to be cleas... yes that was sarcasm.

cleas?????????????

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:44 AM   #49
dmek25
MVP

clear. hey quake, how is school going?
Old 11-28-2008, 07:50 AM   #50
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Bye Bye Mr. Softee. Doh!!! Betts fumbles, quit explaining Ladell and hold on to the ball!!!!!
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 11:32 AM   #51
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Why do so many show so much interest in old RB's? Betts-29y/o, Cartwright-28y/o, Alexander-31y/o, James-30y/o, Portis-27y/o. Why is it people are screaming about getting younger at ever other position on this team but RB? Simply put Mason was 24y/o. He would have been a nice "young" RB for the future of this team. The others are nearing the end of theirs. Someone mentioned Mason did not provide anything for special teams....I must have missed the part where Alexander showed what he could do on special teams.

Everyone mentions that SA was an insurance policy...for what? The Skins were not running the same running offense SA was used to so how on earth was he going to contribute immediatly? He didn't know the play calls, in other words he might not run where he was supposed to or block when he needed to. The Skins also didn't use him to his talent level. SA is not a between the tackles type of runner which this offense is based on. SA is an edge runner and pass catching RB.

I'll be the first to admit I don't know everything about football and I'm sure the Skins decided on not bringing back Mason for their own reasons. Maybe he was a water boy when it came to football. Maybe there was a personality conflict with the RB coach. Maybe he saw he wouldn't get a real chance for a few years and wanted to have a chance somewhere else. Maybe the Skins did contact him when Portis was hurt and he said no I'm not interested in coming back. Some people hold grudges. I doubt any of us will really know why the Skins didn't call Mason back since he knew the offense and play calls and when and where to block.

Now if the Skins were to pick up another "young" RB I'm sure a lot of the Mason lovers would be happy instead of the team picking up RB's that have a few years left in their tanks if any at all. but for those who keep screaming that the team needs to get younger don't cop an attitude when someone brings up the fact that we let a young player go and picked up an older then dirt has been who had no clue of the system or play calls.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:23 PM   #52
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan0905 View Post
Just want to throw something out for everyone to think about...I haven't heard anything or read anything i just have a gut feeling this deal will get done for the 09-10 season.

Edge wants out of Arizona and at the Age of 30 his years are limited on were he van demand to go. With his agent being Drew Rosenhaus who loves dealing with the skins and of course another player from the "U" he would be a great fit in DC. I don't trust Ladell Betts with the football in a close game at all. Edge is very close to a lot of the faces of the franchise and I can just picture him backing up Portis!! Let me know what you all think or is this to far fetched?
Edge hasn't lost a step, he's lost like 4. And he also lost his job to a 5th round rookie from a division 1-AA school (Hightower- U. Richmond). He's older, more expensive, and would bring less to the table than plenty of other players out there. I think we'll either draft a mid-round RB or sign one through FA with limited mileage. Although then comes the problem with having 4 RBs on the 53 man...

Portis will be an old 28 next year. He's taken an absolute pounding on his body since joining the skins. I think he has a couple of good years left in him, but with Betts also pushing 30, adding another runner may be smart.