Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

What song are you listening to right now?

Parking Lot

Old 05-12-2013, 08:30 PM   #571
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #572
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #573
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I didn't know you like to get down with Rammstein and Eisbrecher, DB. Good lookin'. I saw Rammstein last year in B-more, it was a crazy good show. They put on an excellent concert.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #574
Bishop Hammer
Special Teams

I've been grooving to this kids cover of Get Lucky.

You Tube
">
You Tube
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
he's already in me
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored

Stone Roses
"I wanna be adored"

Last edited by Bishop Hammer; 05-18-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Bishop Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #575
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I didn't know you like to get down with Rammstein and Eisbrecher, DB. Good lookin'. I saw Rammstein last year in B-more, it was a crazy good show. They put on an excellent concert.
I've loved Rammstein for a while though it took a couple of years to get that point. First heard them in 1998 on the Mortal Kombat Annhilation soundtrack with Engel then in high school caught on to the song Links but not much besides that. Then when I was in college they released Amerika and soon after I found a bunch of fan made mash ups/remixes that made their way across the internet featuring Rammstein and Tatu and the rest is history.

I don't know if you're familiar with those remixes but I heard that the fans loved it so much that Rammstein actually tried to collaborate with Tatu on the song Moskau which was written with them in mind apparently, but the deal fell through and they used Viktoria Fersh instead. Regardless I looked into their real songs and thanks to the advent of YouTube I was able to see their videos and get hooked for good.

Ironically I'm not much of a fan of live music, but in favor of it mainly because thats how musicians make most of their money but if there was ever a live show I would willingly pay money to see it would have to be Rammstein. Like you said they put on a crazy show.

Eisbrecher is a very recent find for me that I was refered to by Pandora finding their songs on my Rammstein channel. Regardless a lot of this German Nu Metal is quality stuff. Glad to see someone else on here appreciates it besides me.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 05-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #576
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #577
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
I've loved Rammstein for a while though it took a couple of years to get that point. First heard them in 1998 on the Mortal Kombat Annhilation soundtrack with Engel then in high school caught on to the song Links but not much besides that. Then when I was in college they released Amerika and soon after I found a bunch of fan made mash ups/remixes that made their way across the internet featuring Rammstein and Tatu and the rest is history.

I don't know if you're familiar with those remixes but I heard that the fans loved it so much that Rammstein actually tried to collaborate with Tatu on the song Moskau which was written with them in mind apparently, but the deal fell through and they used Viktoria Fersh instead. Regardless I looked into their real songs and thanks to the advent of YouTube I was able to see their videos and get hooked for good.

Ironically I'm not much of a fan of live music, but in favor of it mainly because thats how musicians make most of their money but if there was ever a live show I would willingly pay money to see it would have to be Rammstein. Like you said they put on a crazy show.

Eisbrecher is a very recent find for me that I was refered to by Pandora finding their songs on my Rammstein channel. Regardless a lot of this German Nu Metal is quality stuff. Glad to see someone else on here appreciates it besides me.
I've never seen those mashups before, those actually are pretty decent. I had no idea Rammstein might actually have used that as inspiration for Moskau. That whole Reise, Reise c.d. is completely bitchin, although lately I've been getting into Sehnsucht a little more, thanks to Alter Mann. The first song I ever heard from Rammstein was Links 2-3-4, wayyyyy back in the old days on MTV-X. I really miss that channel lol. Speaking of German metal, have you ever listened to Megaherz? I'm not into them as much as I am into Rammstein but their more recent stuff is pretty decent. They've switched styles over the years though, so their early stuff doesn't sound similar to their newer stuff.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #578
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
Old 05-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #579
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:04 PM   #580
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I've never seen those mashups before, those actually are pretty decent. I had no idea Rammstein might actually have used that as inspiration for Moskau. That whole Reise, Reise c.d. is completely bitchin, although lately I've been getting into Sehnsucht a little more, thanks to Alter Mann. The first song I ever heard from Rammstein was Links 2-3-4, wayyyyy back in the old days on MTV-X. I really miss that channel lol. Speaking of German metal, have you ever listened to Megaherz? I'm not into them as much as I am into Rammstein but their more recent stuff is pretty decent. They've switched styles over the years though, so their early stuff doesn't sound similar to their newer stuff.
Megaherz is another one that I've discovered recently thanks to Pandora. It's part of the reason I find this song stuck in my head.

However in sticking with the German metal theme I've found myself listening to easily one of my favorite songs in the Rammstein catalog. Also in sticking with my all over the place musical taste I for some reason find myself watching the second video a lot these days.

- FRPLG
Old 06-01-2013, 10:30 PM   #581
JPPT1974
Special Teams

We Didn't Start the Fire by Billy Joel from 1989!
Old 06-02-2013, 06:25 AM   #582
Giantone
Gamebreaker

The Oneders,

Old 06-02-2013, 09:13 PM   #583
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Old 06-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #584
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark - Fall Out Boy

I rarely attach to a pop song, but goddamn I am wearing this one out on my MP3 player.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #585
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

If you people ain't struttin' your stuff to this then that's a damn shame:

Daft Punk - Get Lucky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NMPUcMeyvo

Last edited by RedskinRat; 06-06-2013 at 03:51 PM.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote