Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

What Shows Are You Watching?

Parking Lot

Old 07-08-2011, 03:49 PM   #571
itvnetop
Playmaker

re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Wilfred and Louie both kick butt... F/X Thursdays!

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-07-2011, 12:04 AM   #572
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Started watching Friday Night Lights, I think I am at S1 E12. Such good stuff I love it. the first four seasons are on Netflix Streaming for those who have it.
Such a great show. Anyone catch the season premiere of Sons of Anarchy tonight? Those last 10 minutes were pretty gnarly.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:07 AM   #573
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Who's excited about the upcoming fall lineup? Just saw SOA's season 4 premiere tonight, and it's got me excited about the season even though I thought it didn't have that it factor going for it that the finale for season 3 had. I guess I just enjoyed the end to season 3 so much that I was due for a letdown, even if it was slight.

Plus I'm excited to see the series finale for Rescue Me tomorrow night. It's kinda weird that I just got into the show during the last season, but honestly I'm only half interested in it right now. Mainly because the only part of the show that interests me is the firefighting aspect, and the things that go on inside the crew. It might be just me but I get tired of the Gavin family aspect of things, mainly the alcoholism, bed hopping, crazy shit, etc. that continually plagues the family, and the whole "blame everything on Tommy" mentality going on there even though the blame should be equally shared. In the second to last episode, the wedding was okay but for me it was all about the fire at the end of the episode that is inevitably going to end up killing at least 1 or possibly 2 members of 62 Truck. Either way, I'm not going to be terribly disappointed that the show is ending, mainly because the firefighter side has always been just one side of the story, and that's the only side I'm interested in.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:14 AM   #574
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
Such a great show. Anyone catch the season premiere of Sons of Anarchy tonight? Those last 10 minutes were pretty gnarly.
Niiice, beat me to it. I've been watching SOA since the first season, I've always loved the show but I feel like the first episode of season 4 wasn't as great as the ending to season 3. I guess it's just because I really enjoyed seeing Agent Stahl and Jimmy meet their makers in a brilliant plan and then saw what the future held with the letters from Jax's dad to Maureen Ashby. And I hoped to see a little more of the life in prison aspect for the 14 months the SOA members were inside.

Either way the end to the episode was semi-suprising, I didn't expect to see them kill all the Russians like that, even though you could tell that's where it was headed from the discussions at the clubhouse. It does feel like the same problems are recurring again, what with the AUSDA guy trying to bring down the club on RICO charges, a hostile sheriff in town, and forces beyond their control that are just as smart as the club is. It'll be interesting to see what direction the show is headed. Personally I don't think Jax's plan to get him and his family out of the club will work without bloodshed of some kind occuring.
I also felt like I could see some foreshadowing of the club's demise occuring, but with the twists in the plots of today's television we'll probably never know until it happens.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:48 AM   #575
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Very few season finales have ever been as batshit epic as season 3 of SOA, but I agree about feeling like it's some of the same style roadblocks that they r put up against. This show's writing is great so I'll trust that they know what they r doing until proven otherwise haha. And I think someone super important is gonna eat it this season, just after that curveball last year I can't even imagine who it could be.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:37 AM   #576
mredskins
Gamebreaker

I need to start watching Sons Anarchy, I think I started it but got side tracked. I am really not a big TV fan but some shows peak my interest.

This show looks pretty good coming up on FX.

American Horror Story | Only on FX

Also Archer is some pretty funny shit too!
Old 09-07-2011, 06:24 PM   #577
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

"She's like the Pele of anal!" Archer is seriously pee ur pants funny sometimes.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:28 PM   #578
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
I need to start watching Sons Anarchy, I think I started it but got side tracked. I am really not a big TV fan but some shows peak my interest.

This show looks pretty good coming up on FX.

American Horror Story | Only on FX

Also Archer is some pretty funny shit too!
You know I'm all about AHS! From the Nip/Tuck dudes, so it's gonna be pretty crazy. Did y'all peep Wilfred and Louis CK?

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:37 PM   #579
12thMan
MVP

I just finish watching all four series (not today) of Mad Men! I have to say, probably the best TV show I've ever watched. Maybe The Wire edges it out. But Mad Men is well done top to bottom.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #580
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
You know I'm all about AHS! From the Nip/Tuck dudes, so it's gonna be pretty crazy. Did y'all peep Wilfred and Louis CK?
I've never watched Archer before I caught that episode about the blimp the other night, and I was pleasantly suprised. It was actually really hilarious, so I set it up on the DVR. And I've been watching Louie for the last couple seasons now, that show is definitely hilarious. It's pretty hard to pull off a comedy show about the life of a comedian, but he does it, and he does it well. The way his show is set up just transcends modern tv. It makes you feel like you're in his life. In between Sons of Anarchy, Justified, Louie, Archer, and It's Always Sunny I feel like I'm digging FX's lineup more and more each year.

Last edited by mooby; 09-07-2011 at 08:02 PM.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:02 PM   #581
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Im pretty hooked on Suits right now.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:30 AM   #582
MTK
\m/

I've gotten hooked on Storage Wars lately.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:37 AM   #583
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I've gotten hooked on Storage Wars lately.

Really??? Some of those guys are so annoying.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #584
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Really??? Some of those guys are so annoying.
Yeah, I like the dumb drama with those morons. The show gets good ratings so I'm not the only one I guess. One of my buddies was always talking about it, one Friday or Saturday night there was a marathon on so I checked it out and was hooked.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:55 AM   #585
MTK
\m/

Anyone watch Rescue Me? One of those shows I've always wanted to check out. I think they had their series finale last night.

I used to be a big fan of Curb Your Enthusiasm, got away from it for a few seasons there, but this season has been funny as hell and I've gotten back into it.