Debating with the enemy

Old 08-09-2021, 11:02 AM   #1
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Fresh Start Political Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Ben Shapiro Embarrasses Himself on ‘Real Time with Bill Maher’

The right-wing troll even boasted, “I will comfort myself tonight by sleeping on my bed made of money.”
As someone who doesn't sleep on a bed of money on any night - I am interested in Shapiro's lecture and would like to learn more.

If all I gotta do is say masks are more authoritarian than trying to stop the electoral process from happening - well I guess I need to become the next to sell out.
Old 08-09-2021, 11:48 AM   #2
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

The right-wing troll even boasted, “I will comfort myself tonight by sleeping on my bed made of money.”
Marlow Stern….lololol “senior entertainment editor”

Imagine me even considering this clown a viable opinion. The guy is a complete joke even in his safe space industry.

Shapiro embarrassed Nance and actually played nice at first. But with Shap, once you go insults he throws down the gauntlet and went full nuclear

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 12:01 PM   #3
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Marlow Stern….lololol “senior entertainment editor”

Imagine me even considering this clown a viable opinion. The guy is a complete joke even in his safe space industry.

Shapiro embarrassed Nance and actually played nice at first. But with Shap, once you go insults he throws down the gauntlet and went full nuclear
I don't need anyone to tell me Shapiro is a cringe troll, but that's the only article I found about that episode.
Old 08-09-2021, 11:59 AM   #4
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:

Well just looked at the debate on CRT from that show and ...... it really seems to me that it was Malcolm Nance that embarrassed himself and not so much Shapiro. Malcolm was acting like a petulant child.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 10:06 AM   #5
MTK
\m/

Old 08-09-2021, 11:06 AM   #6
SunnySide
Playmaker

SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 11:41 AM   #7
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
wtf man? GI "bubba" Joe? Gun culture is so cringe

Finger on the trigger while on the phone FFS
Old 08-10-2021, 10:03 AM   #8
SunnySide
Playmaker

When did this Country stop being innovative and groundbreaking?

We gave the world the lightbulb, the internet, plastic, dental floss, landed on the moon.

But when it comes to energy its "naw were good with circa 1800 energy sources like fucking coal. Lets not try and come up with better cleaner energy sources."

I feel like this is part of Idiocracy where all the top scientist minds are busy increasing penis sizes and not solving the worlds real problems.

God forbid the US society tries to move on from the 1950s.
Old 08-10-2021, 10:46 AM   #9
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

We gave the world the lightbulb, the internet, plastic, dental floss, landed on the moon.

But when it comes to energy its "naw were good with circa 1800 energy sources like fucking coal. Lets not try and come up with better cleaner energy sources."

I feel like this is part of Idiocracy where all the top scientist minds are busy increasing penis sizes and not solving the worlds real problems.

Ha..penis size, anti aging, hair loss, and diet pills. That’s where the money is.

Nationalize the energy sector and you would kill all innovation. Competition fosters it. Green technology is still a competitive, growing field and will only advance.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 11:35 AM   #10
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

When nuclear was taken off the table, coal and oil dominance grew. The other types of clean energy have had plenty of subsidies and encouragement from government and public sector, but they simply don't have a solution to the complete demand. You don't and currently can't get the bang for your buck that you can for oil or coal solutions, even with the expense to make them cleaner.

There are solutions that involve nuclear power that could work, but the eco-green politicians would have no part of those.

The US still innovates, and cleaner technologies have made amazing progress for using less and less electricity. The issue is a physical matter of generating, storing and transporting energy to those devices and tech.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 12:20 PM   #11
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
When nuclear was taken off the table, coal and oil dominance grew. The other types of clean energy have had plenty of subsidies and encouragement from government and public sector, but they simply don't have a solution to the complete demand. You don't and currently can't get the bang for your buck that you can for oil or coal solutions, even with the expense to make them cleaner.

There are solutions that involve nuclear power that could work, but the eco-green politicians would have no part of those.

The US still innovates, and cleaner technologies have made amazing progress for using less and less electricity. The issue is a physical matter of generating, storing and transporting energy to those devices and tech.
I hear ya Cred, I know nothing about energy -- clean energy, fossil energy -- but as a dummy looking from the outside in, I hope 50 years from now we still arent using coal and oil. Everything you said makes sense perfect and common sense.

But its not really us .. its fucking China and India etc needing to use clean renewable energy.

Whether or not I recycle this milk carton doesnt do anything when China emits more emissions than all the developed countries combined.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-57018837
Old 08-10-2021, 12:26 PM   #12
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I hear ya Cred, I know nothing about energy -- clean energy, fossil energy -- but as a dummy looking from the outside in, I hope 50 years from now we still arent using coal and oil. Everything you said makes sense perfect and common sense.

But its not really us .. its fucking China and India etc needing to use clean renewable energy.

Whether or not I recycle this milk carton doesnt do anything when China emits more emissions than all the developed countries combined.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-57018837
You and I share a mind on China and India. You can add in non-commercial private jets in my mind. People do have to fly from A to B but there should be minimum passenger requirements on every single airplane flight over 100 miles. Those engines consume more fossil fuels than I will in a year.

If we want to innovate that is one area where a breakthrough could have massive effect.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 01:56 PM   #13
JackLord
Special Teams

Quote:

Look on the bright side. There is more alternative fuel use than ever. Solar, wind, battery operated vehicles, etc. It was not too long ago that it was the stuff of science fiction and wishful thinking. Now it has debuted and is being used.

Sure, it is all still in the embryonic stage, but it is moving forward. As innovation- yes it is present- increases, so will the bang for the buck.

The analogy I like to use is the CD Player. When it first rolled into stores, it was a high end luxury item. Soon enough, it became affordable and the medium of choice. Now it has been surpassed and survives largely as a niche product, available anywhere including thrift stores.

So it will be with alternative fuels. But it does take time.
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 02:12 PM   #14
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackLord View Post
Look on the bright side. There is more alternative fuel use than ever. Solar, wind, battery operated vehicles, etc. It was not too long ago that it was the stuff of science fiction and wishful thinking. Now it has debuted and is being used.

Sure, it is all still in the embryonic stage, but it is moving forward. As innovation- yes it is present- increases, so will the bang for the buck.

The analogy I like to use is the CD Player. When it first rolled into stores, it was a high end luxury item. Soon enough, it became affordable and the medium of choice. Now it has been surpassed and survives largely as a niche product, available anywhere including thrift stores.

So it will be with alternative fuels. But it does take time.
I think youre right, thanks for the positive affirmation .. the train is moving down the tracks, gaining momentum.

im not a big environmental guy, dont drive an electric car etc. I like nature, loved fishing as a kid, grew up on the potomac river, follow the no trail no trace motto ... but this world is getting bad quick.
Old 08-10-2021, 03:20 PM   #15
JackLord
Special Teams

Quote:
I think youre right, thanks for the positive affirmation .. the train is moving down the tracks, gaining momentum.

im not a big environmental guy, dont drive an electric car etc. I like nature, loved fishing as a kid, grew up on the potomac river, follow the no trail no trace motto ... but this world is getting bad quick.
In some ways. In other ways it is much improved.

Our beloved Potomac(I fish too), for example, is much cleaner than it was when I was a kid.

And how much has population been a variable? Here in MoCO, they freak out every time there is a flood. Somehow they seem to forget that the county has had double digit population growth nearly every decade. More people mean more houses, more roads, more concrete. The water has nowhere to go.
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote