Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Who do you want to start at QB?

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Who Do You Want Starting at QB Opening Day?
John Beck 123 73.65%
Rex Grossman 44 26.35%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 04:07 PM   #571
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
All he has to do is not give the ball away a couple of times per game and he will be a big improvement over Rex.

This

Advertisements
Old 10-18-2011, 05:50 PM   #572
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
and..... the others have not?

Brady- 151 games, 111 INT's.
Brees- 144 games, 140 INT's.
EManning- 111 games, 118 INT's.
Stafford- 19 games, 25 INT's.
Roethlisberger- 105 games, 92 INT's.
Vick- 104 games, 66 INT's.

Grossman- 46 games, 49 INT's.

I'm soo glad EManning and Stafford suck just as much as Grossman. I wonder when those respected teams will start chanting for the 2nd stringer.

I agree Eli is not Brady,Brees or even his brother but anyone that thinks he and Rex are equal....needs their head examine.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:52 PM   #573
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I agree Eli is not Brady,Brees or even his brother but anyone that thinks he and Rex are equal....needs their head examine.

Thank u
Old 10-18-2011, 06:33 PM   #574
Bucket
Playmaker

How do we know Beck wont be better, or even good? He hasn't even played a game and as far as rookies are concerned. If you treat Beck like a Rookie QB at the moment then his appearance the other day wasn't that bad.

You don't know what you will get out of Beck till he plays. Many QB's have sat on the Bench only to come in the game and prove they can play in the NFL.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:44 PM   #575
44ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
How do we know Beck wont be better, or even good? He hasn't even played a game and as far as rookies are concerned. If you treat Beck like a Rookie QB at the moment then his appearance the other day wasn't that bad.

You don't know what you will get out of Beck till he plays. Many QB's have sat on the Bench only to come in the game and prove they can play in the NFL.
Agree 100% I dont understand all the talk about how you get the same results with Rex or Beck. I'm personally intrigued by the idea of seeing what Beck can do if given the start. They are not the same type of QB they cannot be categorized "the same" nor will they statistically produce the same results. I really hope Beck does get a chance and lights it up!
Old 10-18-2011, 06:58 PM   #576
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Trent Green, Tony Romo and others would argue for Beck
Old 10-18-2011, 07:31 PM   #577
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:

I agree.
Frankly I am tired of all the (I think I am an expert on QB's) on this sight that make predictions about Qb's that have barely taken and NFL snap. Cam Newton is the most obvious person to point to.
All effing off season I had to endure listening to some idiots talking about how they were 100% sure Cam Newton will be terrible in the NFL. Failure.
Before that. some of those 'experts' were saying Jimmy Clausen was going to be the best pro in his draft class and he was the most pro ready Qb coming out that year. He is now third string behind rookie Cam Newton.

Beck is also unknown. He started a few games for a terrible Dolphins team. Lets give him a look. That is all I ask.

Last edited by Defensewins; 10-18-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:46 PM   #578
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
I agree.
Frankly I am tired of all the (I think I am an expert on QB's) on this sight that make predictions about Qb's that have barely taken and NFL snap. Cam Newton is the most obvious person to point to.
All effing off season I had to endure listening to some idiots talking about how they were 100% sure Cam Newton will be terrible in the NFL. Failure.
Before that. some of those 'experts' were saying Jimmy Clausen was going to be the best pro in his draft class and he was the most pro ready Qb coming out that year. He is now third string behind rookie Cam Newton.

Beck is also unknown. He started a few games for a terrible Dolphins team. Lets give him a look. That is all I ask.
You're going to have to explain the John Beck's unknown = Cam Newton's unknown a little bit further. It seems to break down once you move past "I'm enraged with that thing people thought."

There's a decade of age difference there.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:48 PM   #579
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
You're going to have to explain the John Beck's unknown = Cam Newton's unknown a little bit further. It seems to break down once you move past "I'm enraged with that thing people thought."

There's a decade of age difference there.
How many games has Beck started?
Haw many has Cam started?
I don't care how old a player is, if they have not played extensively like Grossman, we do not know how they will do until they get in there and play more.

Last edited by Defensewins; 10-18-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:53 PM   #580
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
How many games has Beck started?
Haw many has Cam started?
In college, a bunch.

I don't really see the perspective you're selling me. You're trying to link Grossman-Beck with Clausen-Newton. But how many games has Clausen started? How about Grossman?

We don't really know anything about Clausen compared to Grossman. But we knew Cam Newton was the first overall pick and was going to get a shot. All we know about John Beck is that his teammates don't think he's that good and he lost a QB competition to Rex Grossman.

Maybe you're right that he deserves a shot to fail, but that's not exactly the same thing with Cam Newton. People doubted Cam Newton's ability to play in the NFL. But no one thought the Panthers should just play him to get it over with. But, yet, that's the argument for Beck.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:55 PM   #581
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
I don't care how old a player is, if they have not played extensively like Grossman, we do not know how they will do until they get in there and play more.
If you don't care about age, how is John Beck different from Jimmy Clausen?
Old 10-18-2011, 08:10 PM   #582
Defensewins
Playmaker

This is not college football so that Beck started a 'bunch of games in college' does not mean a thing.
The point I was making on my initial post is some on this sight were so quick to say this off season that Cam Newton will not be a good NFL Qb even before he was drafted and took an NFL snap. Some people said Jimmy Clausen was a can't miss NFL Qb and would be the best QB of his draft class, before he ever took an NFL snap.
John Beck has started 4 NFL regular season games all for the Miami Dolphins adn people are claiming to know he is this or that. Jimmy Clausen has started 10 games and he is only in his second year. Age has nothing to do with experience.

Last edited by Defensewins; 10-18-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #583
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
This is not college football.
The point I was making on my initial post is some on this sight were so quick to say Cam Newton will be a failure in the NFL even before he was drafted and took an NFL snap. Some people said Jimmy Clausen was a can't miss NFL Qb and would be the best QB of his draft class, before he ever took an NFL snap.
John Beck has started 4 NFL regular season games all for the Miami Dolphins adn people are claiming to know he is this or that. Jimmy Clausen has started 10 games and he is only in his second year. Age has nothing to do with experience.
What I'm hearing though (and you should correct me if I'm wrong) is that Beck hasn't played and people shouldn't write him off until he played. And then I'm also hearing you say that Jimmy Clausen sucks and that he deserves to sit behind Cam Newton because Newton was ultra promising and Clausen never was. You've written off other's opinions of Jimmy Clausen because he struggled in 10 games, and in the same post, you're defending Beck on the grounds of that we just really don't know anything anyway.

Look, I think there's a small chance that you're right on both accounts. There's a tiny chance that Beck is really, really good, and Clausen just sucks. And you can probably find an expert (try Mel Kiper) who believes exactly the opposite and you can laugh in his face, that non-believer. Cam's great! What is that fool thinking?!

What I'm missing is I don't understand the issue you're taking with people who predicted early failures for Cam Newton, and why that's proof positive of John Beck deserving a better opportunity than he's gotten. There are people who are biased against college spread quarterbacks and people who are biased against inexperienced college players and the Carolina Panthers proved to be neither when they took him first overall. But no one except a couple of Redskin coaches and various talking heads believe in John Beck. And that's not at all the same as Cam Newton and his eight figure signing bonus.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:22 PM   #584
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

We can't say for sure what Beck can/will do. But I wish we'd dispel this notion that he's Cam Newton entering this season. Beck isn't a rookie who's never taken an NFL snap. And the notion that he's Romo or Trent Green. He wasn't an undrafted free agent. He wasn't even someone who has been grooomed under one team under the time was right like Rodgers or even Kolb.

He's Brady Quinn. That's essentially what he is right now, Brady Quinn. A top 40 pick who has not yet found his place in the league, but it won't be with the team that drafted him. And yeah he played on a bad Dolphins team. So what. That's what happens to most good young quarterbacks on bad teams
Old 10-18-2011, 08:25 PM   #585
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
What I'm hearing though (and you should correct me if I'm wrong) is that Beck hasn't played and people shouldn't write him off until he played. And then I'm also hearing you say that Jimmy Clausen sucks and that he deserves to sit behind Cam Newton because Newton was ultra promising and Clausen never was. You've written off other's opinions of Jimmy Clausen because he struggled in 10 games, and in the same post, you're defending Beck on the grounds of that we just really don't know anything anyway.

Look, I think there's a small chance that you're right on both accounts. There's a tiny chance that Beck is really, really good, and Clausen just sucks. And you can probably find an expert (try Mel Kiper) who believes exactly the opposite and you can laugh in his face, that non-believer. Cam's great! What is that fool thinking?!

What I'm missing is I don't understand the issue you're taking with people who predicted early failures for Cam Newton, and why that's proof positive of John Beck deserving a better opportunity than he's gotten. There are people who are biased against college spread quarterbacks and people who are biased against inexperienced college players and the Carolina Panthers proved to be neither when they took him first overall. But no one except a couple of Redskin coaches and various talking heads believe in John Beck. And that's not at all the same as Cam Newton and his eight figure signing bonus.
You are wrong, I am not saying that.
Clausen does not suck. He may end up being a great nfl Qb. We do not know yet. But people were claiming Clausen ready to play in the NFL before he was drafted. I do not agree with making those kind of statements.
All I am saying is you can not definitively judge a QB that has started 4 games or has stared zero games. .

Last edited by Defensewins; 10-18-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Closed Thread