Our next coach??

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #571
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: Our next coach??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Indeed.. and who are the people sitting outside of the park waiting for Danny to leave? Unless someone was clued in by someone who works for the organization
personally, i think the rumor is bogus. Snyder could be staying late at the park to woo his mistress or work on something else. There's simply no reason why he'd be staying late at the park when, if he really wanted to be secretive, he would be making the calls from his home or another location.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-08-2009, 11:29 AM   #572
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I am pretty sure its been reported that it was Cerrato's decision to bring in someone, although in an interview I think it Cerrato let it slip that he didn't even really know who Lewis was... I think its likely that Cerrato asked Blache if he knew anyone who could do the job and Blache recommended Lewis. (Remember, it wouldnt be the first time Cerrato or Snyder had asked Blache to "betray" his boss.)

Zorn definitely was not involved in the process and was opposed to the whole idea of bringing in someone else. I also think we can definitively say that whomever recommended Sherman, it wasnt Holmgren - he's publically bashed the skins for bringing in someone else and embarrassing Zorn in that way.
Ahh yeah I wasn't thinking about the Blache connection

I know that when Zorn told Cerrato he was in that they were supposed to figure out who it was going to be.. that's where my speculation comes from
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:30 AM   #573
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Mariucci recommended Lewis to Cerrato
Ahh thanks for that.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:30 AM   #574
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
personally, i think the rumor is bogus. Snyder could be staying late at the park to woo his mistress or work on something else. There's simply no reason why he'd be staying late at the park when, if he really wanted to be secretive, he would be making the calls from his home or another location.
Geez, clearly he was waiting for the mobile truck ads to leave. He's so insecure.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:31 AM   #575
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I would've still been there.. passed out from too much whisky
Old 12-08-2009, 11:36 AM   #576
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Really, now thats interesting. Whats the Cerrato-Mooch connection?
Bill Walsh...they were both with the 49ers though I can't remember if it was at the same time. Anyway, Mooch made the recommendation that Lewis be the extra set of eyes the Redskins were looking for. Mooch and Lewis I believe were together in Detroit
Old 12-08-2009, 11:39 AM   #577
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
LOL. Tiger Snyder
Old 12-08-2009, 11:41 AM   #578
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
LOL. Tiger Snyder
Snyger has a bit of a ring to it.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:03 PM   #579
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
I would've still been there.. passed out from too much whisky
Johnny Walker?
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:06 PM   #580
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Bill Walsh...they were both with the 49ers though I can't remember if it was at the same time. Anyway, Mooch made the recommendation that Lewis be the extra set of eyes the Redskins were looking for. Mooch and Lewis I believe were together in Detroit
Hmmm, in that case, I could envision Mooch coming in as HC and keeping Lewis as OC... regardless of whether he wants to leave the west coast, i think Mooch would work anywhere, and for pennies, if he were offered a head coaching position.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:11 PM   #581
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Mariucci recommended Lewis to Cerrato
Mooch was my personal favorite for the coaching job last year. If they brought him in and got a respectable talent evaluator then I could die happy.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:14 PM   #582
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

I think we need a CEO type of HC or a Firey personality.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:21 PM   #583
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Vinny joined the 49ers in 1991 and got promoted to player personnel director in 1995 one year before John McVay retired from the 49ers in 1996. He was there during the Seifert era. Lewis and Vinny might not have been together since Lewis left for GB in 1992 or maybe were together for just a few months.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:16 PM   #584
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Hmmm, in that case, I could envision Mooch coming in as HC and keeping Lewis as OC... regardless of whether he wants to leave the west coast, i think Mooch would work anywhere, and for pennies, if he were offered a head coaching position.
Um, I thought Mooch was offered the job just after Zorn was picked up as OC and Mooch said "no thanks". Basically said he was taking his name out of contention. Maybe it was because of the shell game Cerrato was playing forcing an OC on someone but still he refused the job. I also don't think he would handle Snyder very well or our prima dona's. We need some one who is a disciplinarian. Someone strong willed. Definitly not a players type HC who will simpathize and coddle our players.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #585
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Vinny joined the 49ers in 1991 and got promoted to player personnel director in 1995 one year before John McVay retired from the 49ers in 1996. He was there during the Seifert era. Lewis and Vinny might not have been together since Lewis left for GB in 1992 or maybe were together for just a few months.
I maybe reading your post wrong. But I thought ...while VC was personnel director or GM, Mooch was the HC. So there is a tie there.

Mooch supposedly had Lewis in Detroit with him.

So when VC finally decided his ass was on the line and felt he should get an extra pair of eyes I presume he called Mooch who thought of Lewis who was available.

See all tied up in a pretty little box with a bow. Merry X-mas.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote