Coronavirus (non political)

Parking Lot

Old 04-24-2020, 08:40 AM   #511
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Coronavirus (non political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Here is a computer model of when states may start opening up.

https://www.geekwire.com/2020/anothe...hutdowns-last/
This makes sense and seems reasonable how the virus has spread and where areas have/will peak.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-25-2020, 08:59 AM   #512
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

I am trying to play it safe, but I refuse to wear gloves and a mask in public. I went into a supermarket for the first time in 2 weeks as the mom and pop markets around me don't sell Cyrstal Light or similar drink mixes. I didn't check the TP, but it was obvious a lot of items were still being hoarded. For an early afternoon, late morning it was way more crowded than normal. I saw quite a few people almost jumping out of the way when someone got closer to six feet. It does appear the people around me are losing it.

It seems so strange to me to open a UPS package with shop supplies and spraying the things in containers with disinfectant and putting them away. Also trying to remember how long items that can't be disinfected have been here so I can stop washing my hands after I touch them.

Worse thing is it supposedly it lives 7 days on plastic. So seriously how are you supposed to handle a loaf of bread? Pretty hard to get a slice out without touching the plastic. I have just been grilling my sandwiches. No sure how much that helps.

Last edited by Buffalo Bob; 04-25-2020 at 09:36 AM.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 09:27 AM   #513
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This makes sense and seems reasonable how the virus has spread and where areas have/will peak.
According to that map west Virginia has peaked ???
Old 04-25-2020, 11:35 AM   #514
SunnySide
Playmaker

Old 04-25-2020, 12:03 PM   #515
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Here in VA, the dept of Health has several really outstanding dashboards in Tableau which has helped in presenting the data of the virus. Cases here still climbing, AS Expected, as we move towards the peak.

http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/

I think the most interesting dashboard on the first page is the VA Hospital virus dashboard which focuses on the stress of the health care system in the state.

https://www.vhha.com/communications/...ata-dashboard/

This breakdowns hospitalization, icu, ventilators, beds available, supplies, etc. taken from 115 facilities Per Data source system statement at bottom.

What I have noticed is the “ventilators use” which in the last 45 days has been a top discussion point in the press. As u can see current percentage for total ventilators usage is 21%...since this dashboard has been live the highest percentage has been 25%. But what’s really interesting is NEVER has the coranavirus been the driver of ventilators use. as you can see from breakdown is total virus use is 223 ventilators Right now...406 and are in use for other reasons. We have a total of 2,935 ventilators in state. The virus percentage from that total is 7.5%. Now we don’t know how the other 406 are being used, it could be the virus is the highest reason.

It’s really interesting to see the information. This past week, the top state health official has said “the doctors continue to say this could be the Calm before the storm, yet it’s never come”

Also when it comes to supplies, 3 facilities out of 115 saying PPE is difficult to get in a 72 hour window. Since I’ve monitored the data, the highest that number has been is 7. 97% of hospitals are not experiencing any problems with PPE supplies.

It’s great to see and monitor the data in real-time especially when it comes to the narrative versus the actual facts.

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 04-25-2020 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-25-2020, 05:37 PM   #516
SunnySide
Playmaker

I'm amazed md and va have been able to keep numbers down compared to ny, nj, pa ..... They're right up 95.

I hope PPE is going to the hot spots that need it
Old 04-25-2020, 07:42 PM   #517
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I'm amazed md and va have been able to keep numbers down compared to ny, nj, pa ..... They're right up 95.

I hope PPE is going to the hot spots that need it
Numbers ,Hogan has done a great job with this thing!
Old 04-25-2020, 07:44 PM   #518
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

It’s great to see and monitor the data in real-time especially when it comes to the narrative versus the actual facts.

You couldn't go one post .
Old 04-25-2020, 11:09 PM   #519
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
You couldn't go one post .
I’m happy when facts rule.

He Gets Us
Old 04-25-2020, 11:34 PM   #520
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I’m happy when facts rule.

LOL, yeah you and kelly anne get your "alternative facts" from the same place.
Old 04-27-2020, 09:34 PM   #521
Giantone
Gamebreaker

WIFE: Did I get fat during the quarantine?

HUSBAND: Well you were never really skinny

Time of death: 4/25/20. 11:45 PM
Cause of death: Caronavirus
Old 04-28-2020, 10:11 AM   #522
MTK
\m/

This is very sad

Top E.R. Doctor Who Treated Virus Patients Dies by Suicide
Old 04-29-2020, 02:45 PM   #523
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.nbc12.com/2020/04/29/com...irus-us-study/

Gilead Sciences’s remdesivir is the first treatment to pass such a strict test against the virus, which has killed more than 218,000 people since it emerged late last year in China. Having a treatment could have a profound effect on the global pandemic, especially because health officials say any vaccine is likely a year or more away.
The study, run by the National Institutes of Health, tested remdesivir versus usual care in 1,063 hospitalized coronavirus patients around the world. At the White House, NIH’s Dr. Anthony Fauci said the drug reduced the time it takes patients to recover by 31% — 11 days on average versus 15 days for those just given usual care.

Great news

He Gets Us
Old 04-29-2020, 05:58 PM   #524
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
https://www.nbc12.com/2020/04/29/com...irus-us-study/

Gilead Sciences’s remdesivir is the first treatment to pass such a strict test against the virus, which has killed more than 218,000 people since it emerged late last year in China. Having a treatment could have a profound effect on the global pandemic, especially because health officials say any vaccine is likely a year or more away.
The study, run by the National Institutes of Health, tested remdesivir versus usual care in 1,063 hospitalized coronavirus patients around the world. At the White House, NIH’s Dr. Anthony Fauci said the drug reduced the time it takes patients to recover by 31% — 11 days on average versus 15 days for those just given usual care.

Great news
So , it's better then Lysol???
Old 05-03-2020, 11:02 AM   #525
SunnySide
Playmaker

Corona particles small enough to slip through N95 masks.

Had a co worker tell me the other day that the particles are small enough to not be stopped by N95 masks. She rattled off the size of the virus particle vs sizes of particles various masks prevent. I imagine I’m going to go down the rabbit hole of reading articles today.

I’m starting to think I’m better off with a multi layered homemade cloth mask vs my N95

—————

Lawnmower broke a month ago, front yard is almost up to my knees. Going to Home Depot, May just buy a push mower but them fuckers are fucking like $80, I might as well drop 120 for a small electric or gas mower. I have a very small townhouse yard so something normal size would be too much.

The first time I’ve gone anywhere besides the grocery or beer store.

Hope all is well with everyone.