Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

MLB thread

Other Sports

Old 10-06-2021, 12:20 AM   #511
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: MLB thread

Now....

In the other AL playoff series, go White Sox.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-06-2021, 07:24 AM   #512
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I have had a huge problem with Boone. He makes real questionable calls on the daily. Like how in the hell is Gallo the strikeout king batting cleanup behind Stanton and Judge last night. Apparently his staff is equally as questionable- phil nevin wtf is wrong with you????
Time for Boone and Cashman to go. This is what happens when you build a team around 30 homerun 200 avg hitters and neglect your starting pitchers because analytics tell you the bullpen is more important. Gerritt Cole you should be arrested for impersonating an ace.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 08:29 AM   #513
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Few thoughts from last night:
It is still weird for me to see Cole in a Yankees uniform

Fenway (or Boston) is not what it was. I used to love seeing games in Fenway in the late 90s and prior to 2004. The place was packed you rarely saw opposing team gear in the stands. Now they are like every other stadium it was like 20% Yankees fans. You never saw that in the 90s.

Boone and his comments like "The league is closing the gap on us" that is laughable. He needs to go. I agree with Cashman too. Punch I think you have only one genuinely home grown talent on the team in Judge? I might be wrong but that is far different than the Yankees teams in the past.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 08:39 AM   #514
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Love seeing a typical Yankees big ticket item implode in the playoffs

My final thoughts on last night: awesome

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 08:49 AM   #515
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post

Fenway (or Boston) is not what it was. I used to love seeing games in Fenway in the late 90s and prior to 2004. The place was packed you rarely saw opposing team gear in the stands. Now they are like every other stadium it was like 20% Yankees fans. You never saw that in the 90s.

Boone and his comments like "The league is closing the gap on us" that is laughable. He needs to go. I agree with Cashman too. Punch I think you have only one genuinely home grown talent on the team in Judge? I might be wrong but that is far different than the Yankees teams in the past.
I grew up in RI went to countless Red Sox games, there was always Yankee fans in the stands, if you were watching on TV it was in SD so you probably didn't see them as well.
Just like here in DC their are folks who cheer for the Cowboys just to be the antagonist.
The atmosphere at Fenway has not changed i promise, if anything it has gotten better, in the 90s a lot of boring seasons. We even get free Sox tickets at my school at the end of the school year as a gift. It really didn't turn around until 2004 with the WS and the pink hat nation. I hate the pink hat nation fan more then a die hard yankee fan.
Old 10-06-2021, 09:02 AM   #516
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Maybe I am just nostalgic for college times IDK. I only remember seeing a handful here and a handful there. So I'll defer to your longer experience. A lot of heckling at the Cask and Flagon
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 09:39 AM   #517
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

MLB thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Love seeing a typical Yankees big ticket item implode in the playoffs

My final thoughts on last night: awesome

Only thing worse than that is seeing a big ticket team implode in the regular season.
Am I right?
Old 10-06-2021, 09:39 AM   #518
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Maybe I am just nostalgic for college times IDK. I only remember seeing a handful here and a handful there. So I'll defer to your longer experience. A lot of heckling at the Cask and Flagon
If the game was Red Sox vs. Bmore say 1997 it be:

80% Sox Fans
15% Yankees
5 % Os fans

Fenway attendance. The Yankee fans just come to be annoying.

The Cask and Flagon, meh, always to crowded and there is a alcohol shot ban after the 7th inning for all the bars in the area.
Old 10-06-2021, 10:24 AM   #519
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Also for everyone keep this in mind, the internet has made it so much easier for visiting fans to buy tickets now in all stadiums. The process is nearly instant and can be done from anywhere in the world. Back in the day you were not driving from NY in hopes of scoring a ticket for last nights game.
Old 10-06-2021, 10:47 AM   #520
MTK
\m/

That Schwarber HR was ridiculous, most guys can't even foul that off let alone get around on it
Old 10-06-2021, 02:30 PM   #521
SunnySide
Playmaker

Crowd attendance .... IM amazed skins fans took over the dome in Atlanta last week. Weird there are fans of us outside the DMV who never lived in the DMV
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 10:56 PM   #522
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

MLB thread

Quote:

I feel like there have always been a good amount of sox fans here and yankee fans there.

Boone needs to go. Never wAnted Girardi gone but was ok with the Boone hire. For about 2-1/2 games. Been questioning his judgment for years.

German, Judge, Gardy, Montgomery,,Sevy, Wade Sanchez all homegrown. Few guys in the pen. Probably forgetting some others. Frazier and Andujar. They have been hurt and meh. Some real young ones that got in the action this year and looked good. It aint all bought and borrowed. Lol.
Old 10-07-2021, 07:25 AM   #523
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

MLB thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
If the game was Red Sox vs. Bmore say 1997 it be:

80% Sox Fans
15% Yankees
5 % Os fans

Fenway attendance. The Yankee fans just come to be annoying.

The Cask and Flagon, meh, always to crowded and there is a alcohol shot ban after the 7th inning for all the bars in the area.

The Yankee fans do not go to Fenway to be annoying. Lol. They go because it is Fenway. Same reason there are as many Sox fans at Yankee Stadium. It is arguably the biggest rivalry in sports and it is like a four hour ride. Camden Yards is also iconic. And close. Yankee fans do appreciate the history of the game. Trust me.
Any rivalry that is a day trip you are going to see massive amounts of fans at the visiting stadium from both sides. Especially baseball. Im not a huge baseball fan, but i know many. They dig Fenway because it is Fenway. It is like a pilgrimage they feel they need to go on. Same for them coming to Yankee stadium. Makes it better imo.
Old 10-07-2021, 08:57 AM   #524
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
The Yankee fans do not go to Fenway to be annoying. Lol. They go because it is Fenway. Same reason there are as many Sox fans at Yankee Stadium. It is arguably the biggest rivalry in sports and it is like a four hour ride. Camden Yards is also iconic. And close. Yankee fans do appreciate the history of the game. Trust me.
Any rivalry that is a day trip you are going to see massive amounts of fans at the visiting stadium from both sides. Especially baseball. Im not a huge baseball fan, but i know many. They dig Fenway because it is Fenway. It is like a pilgrimage they feel they need to go on. Same for them coming to Yankee stadium. Makes it better imo.
Dude i have been there many times, Yankees fans are fucking annoying. do you really believe Yankee fans are walking around Fenway like its the Smithsonian? No! They are drunk and making funny of how we say Noma(r).

Same as a Cowboy fan in Fedex and a Steelers fan at M&T.

Anyone from JERSEY is fucking annoying in general, lol.

All this hockey season I swear everyone one of kids games is in NJ, that state is the worst, you can't even make a left a turn.
Old 10-07-2021, 08:59 AM   #525
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Crowd attendance .... IM amazed skins fans took over the dome in Atlanta last week. Weird there are fans of us outside the DMV who never lived in the DMV
I have no idea how your French friend/fan on here is a Skins fan, he can pick any damn team in the NFL.