Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Panthers vs Skins - Gameday thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #511
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Re: Panthers vs Skins - Gameday thread

Surprised this thread hasn't been closed already, usually these threads get closed the moment the clock hits 0:00

Advertisements
Old 11-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #512
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimZorn View Post
Shouldda tried the fake onside kick!
If you say anything that rhymes with "ing" and "ate", I will kill you with my mind.

lol
Old 11-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #513
Evilgrin
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
What's crazy about people wanting to actually get a coach that wins games? Like I said I'm a fan of Mike but he's not winning and he's been here 3 years now and the team is just as bad( without RGIII included) now more than ever pretty much
Your happy with RG3 right? No Shanahan, no RG3....
Old 11-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #514
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Surprised this thread hasn't been closed already, usually these threads get closed the moment the clock hits 0:00
Matty and SS are on strike
Old 11-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #515
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Sports Forum Protection program........
Old 11-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #516
DirtBagZ
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
Here is the difference, hear me out. Its gonna be a lengthy explanation.

YOU DO NOT NEED STUDS AT EVERY POSITION TO WIN. ie colts this year. The coach is actually coaching and gameplanning his squad to wins. Its not that difficult. And thats a BRAND NEW COACH, in a situation where he has a rook QB, WORSE TALENT accross the board than we had, our division is weaker by a ton this year, and he is winning. Didn't take him long to take a one win abysmal team to 2 games over .500 at the halfway mark. Sure as hell didn't take him 5 years. This 5 year thing blows me away. Talk about job security. After a 5-11 year 3, he can always say, "I said it was a 5 year job to rebuild....." PHUCK THAT. Its the NFL, win or go home, overrated loser of a coach this Shanahan is. The game has so passed him by. Just sucks its gonna take Redskins nation 5 years to figure out that it doesn't matter if he has 3, 4, 5 or 12 years, he is not good anymore. If he was, we would at least see some results against a 1-6 team that is taking a nosedive in year 3.
Total agreement here, like Jerry Glanville once said the NFL stand for Not For Long, especially after multiple 10+ loss seasons. I am all in as an anti-Shannahan crazy.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #517
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Here is the difference, hear me out. Its gonna be a lengthy explanation.

YOU DO NOT NEED STUDS AT EVERY POSITION TO WIN. ie colts this year. The coach is actually coaching and gameplanning his squad to wins. Its not that difficult. And thats a BRAND NEW COACH, in a situation where he has a rook QB, WORSE TALENT accross the board than we had, our division is weaker by a ton this year, and he is winning. Didn't take him long to take a one win abysmal team to 2 games over .500 at the halfway mark. Sure as hell didn't take him 5 years. This 5 year thing blows me away. Talk about job security. After a 5-11 year 3, he can always say, "I said it was a 5 year job to rebuild....." PHUCK THAT. Its the NFL, win or go home, overrated loser of a coach this Shanahan is. The game has so passed him by. Just sucks its gonna take Redskins nation 5 years to figure out that it doesn't matter if he has 3, 4, 5 or 12 years, he is not good anymore. If he was, we would at least see some results against a 1-6 team that is taking a nosedive in year 3.
Agree 100%!!
Old 11-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #518
DirtBagZ
Special Teams

So for all of the Shannahan supporters, if this season goes like the last two and the team has 10+ losses again, just how many 10+ loss seasons should Shanny be allowed before he is fired? I think it is a lock that if he coaches out his contract he will be below .500, depending upon just how bad this season gets he'll have a shot at 50+ losses in five years.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #519
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilgrin View Post
Your happy with RG3 right? No Shanahan, no RG3....
Oh no? Cuz our previous regimes would have given up 5the number ones, orakpo, kerrigan, laron landry(oh wait) ... fred davis, for bum replacements and been the toast of.... thier iwn inner circle.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 11-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #520
Evilgrin
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Oh no? Cuz our previous regimes would have given up 5the number ones, orakpo, kerrigan, laron landry(oh wait) ... fred davis, for bum replacements and been the toast of.... thier iwn inner circle.
What?
Old 11-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #521
Mechanix544
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
beautiful logic there. The past was so bad, Shanny had to be better, right? I think a majority of us thought that, but it might be time to cut bait. Just sayin........not too many people could have missed on RG3. Thats why he went # Dos, and without luck, a super stud, he should have gone numero uno in 95% of the other drafts. Not like Shanahan had to call Miss Cleo to get that one right...........don't give him THAT much credit for that pick now.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #522
Mechanix544
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilgrin View Post
What?
I had a little trouble understanding that one as well. I think Meks might be hitting the sauce a little too hard after that embarassing loss.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #523
Evilgrin
The Starter

Quote:
beautiful logic there. The past was so bad, Shanny had to be better, right? I think a majority of us thought that, but it might be time to cut bait. Just sayin........not too many people could have missed on RG3. Thats why he went # Dos, and without luck, a super stud, he should have gone numero uno in 95% of the other drafts. Not like Shanahan had to call Miss Cleo to get that one right...........don't give him THAT much credit for that pick now.
Yep, and it doesn't take great logic to figure he wanted to trade all the picks for him.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #524
Evilgrin
The Starter

Quote:
I had a little trouble understanding that one as well. I think Meks might be hitting the sauce a little too hard after that embarassing loss.
I think we all need a few right now.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #525
los panda
Pro Bowl

trash