Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Start John Beck Madness Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-17-2011, 05:31 PM   #511
ashvirtually
Special Teams

Re: Start John Beck Madness Thread

Rex should be benched for at least a game and we'll see what Beck does against NC.

That was a really derp performance by him. We looked like the Keystone Cops. Two of the INTs are entirely on him - he threw into coverage with no 'Skins in sight. He cost us the game more than the second biggest problem, which was a D that didn't wake up until they coughed up a huge lead.

We can't expect the D to keep us out of holes if our offense's QB is giving the opposing team's D the opportunity to help dig said hole, too.

He should have been benched after he choked up the ball in the Dallas game - when he looked behind him and SAW the defender coming and STILL did not protect the ball.

Bench his arse. Announce it on Wednesday that we're rolling the dice with Beck, see what happens with Cam and his horrid defense. Rex needs to be sat in the corner for crapping his pants...
ashvirtually is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-17-2011, 05:32 PM   #512
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
At the end of the day we have a winning record with him as our QB. I'd prefer to see John Beck after what we saw yesterday, but we're 3-2 with 11 games left, and we're going up against a 1-5 team (I know Carolina is scrappy, but still, 1-5).

The sky is nowhere close to falling.
Carolina is a very good 1-5 team if that makes since, and we struggle down there. I'm worried about them
Old 10-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #513
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Carolina is a very good 1-5 team if that makes since, and we struggle down there. I'm worried about them
I'm by no means writing off Carolina as a win. I don't think they're a pushover at all. But playing them after a loss like we had yesterday is a lot more palatable than taking on one of the next two opponents after Carolina - Buffalo and San Fran.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:43 PM   #514
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I just think Grossman is what he is. A good back up that can bail you out for a game, two or three but nothing more. His track record speaks for itself.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:45 PM   #515
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I'm by no means writing off Carolina as a win. I don't think they're a pushover at all. But playing them after a loss like we had yesterday is a lot more palatable than taking on one of the next two opponents after Carolina - Buffalo and San Fran.
If we can bounce back and win I'll be good to go because I think we will beat Buffalo, infact I think the Bills are about to come down a bit
Old 10-17-2011, 08:04 PM   #516
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I just think Grossman is what he is. A good back up that can bail you out for a game, two or three but nothing more. His track record speaks for itself.
Skins QB Controversy: Beck or Rex? | NBC Washington
Old 10-17-2011, 08:51 PM   #517
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
There is no way you can blame his INTs yesterday on the receivers. He threw the ball directly into the defenders' hands/chests...sometimes without a Redskins receiver even in the vicinity.

Now, we can make a case that Stallworth and Gaffney let Beck down...they dropped easy ones from him for big gains/TDs.

His only ugly throw that I remember was the rollout/pass back across the field to Torain. It hit the ground and was nowhere near an Eagle. You gotta expect some rust from not playing since 2007, but he looks GREAT to me.
No way, definitely not putting his ints on the receivers. FD could've tried harder on the first one to bring it in, but he was well covered and it never should've been thrown to him. And on the goalline one FD was supposed to cross the DB's face, but he didn't, but again he was well covered on that one too. So the blame can be spread around. And the Coleman pick on the sideline was just Grossman making a dumb throw. If you're going to throw it out of bounds, throw it out of bounds. Don't throw it near the boundary and hope that the db who's been reading you all day doesn't read you again and make a play. Grossman deserves to get benched, that's for sure. He's still inconsistent and still throws boneheaded ints. All I'm saying is that his offensive teammates didn't have consistent days either, and that hurts Grossman.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:53 PM   #518
Meks
Pro Bowl

tough game.. I'm torn to see how he bounces back, or not... or just start beck
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:46 PM   #519
dgack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
I know this for sure, I am so tired of seeing over half the teams in this league have competent qb play, and our quarterback is doing everything in his power for us to LOSE the game. its time we take the noose (Rex Grossman) from around our neck, and play football.
In all fairness, we had competent, if boring and conservative QB play. The dude was doing pretty well in OAK up until this past week.

I know that probably zero actual Redskins fans said "you know who I'd like to be starting in 2011? REX F'N GROSSMAN, THAT'S WHO." With that said, when we had low-mistake, boring, dink-and-dunk quarterbacking, it was the same story: this guy sucks, get him out of here. /shrug

I hope I'm wrong but I fully expect to be hearing the same thing after Beck's mistakes cost us a game or two.
"To bring a Sherm Lewis in to a Jim Zorn and whoever his offensive coordinator is, it's like bringing in another man to help teach you how to make better love to your wife or something." -- Tre Johnson
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:43 AM   #520
zeesson
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgack View Post
In all fairness, we had competent, if boring and conservative QB play. The dude was doing pretty well in OAK up until this past week.

I know that probably zero actual Redskins fans said "you know who I'd like to be starting in 2011? REX F'N GROSSMAN, THAT'S WHO." With that said, when we had low-mistake, boring, dink-and-dunk quarterbacking, it was the same story: this guy sucks, get him out of here. /shrug

I hope I'm wrong but I fully expect to be hearing the same thing after Beck's mistakes cost us a game or two.
Surely you can't be talking about, Jason "what sport is this again" Campbell. The problem with Campbell was not that he made poor throws, it's that he wouldn't throw it at all. Time and time again, if you put on the tape, you will see Campbell with that dear-in-the-headlights look on his face, all the while wide open receivers streaking down the field. He just didn't see them, because he would be too busy staring at Santana Moss from Snap to SACK.
zeesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:54 AM   #521
Meks
Pro Bowl

lol... our receivers weren't open very often.. nor did the line even allow him to SEE the head lights... dunno what "tape" ur watching.... but id take Campbell over Grossman 10 outta 10 times honestly
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 10-18-2011, 03:10 AM   #522
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Candle could never do it against the Giants while others could(Collins, Grossman). Something about Candle's play obviously makes the Giants D really happy.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:52 AM   #523
Meks
Pro Bowl

um.... yea... Grossman and a d that blocked a field goal.and pitched a 2nd half shut out ... Eli didn't destroy us like usual.. and they didn't run all over us like usual ... we scored a defensive touchdown otherwise we only win by one td, 4 if we don't.block the fg .. sure Rex played well but he didn't do mucj Campbell didn't an he did it against a different defensive line and an all around hurt defense ... that comparison is cardboard flimsy
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 10-18-2011, 04:22 AM   #524
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
um.... yea... Grossman and a d that blocked a field goal.and pitched a 2nd half shut out ... Eli didn't destroy us like usual.. and they didn't run all over us like usual ... we scored a defensive touchdown otherwise we only win by one td, 4 if we don't.block the fg .. sure Rex played well but he didn't do mucj Campbell didn't an he did it against a different defensive line and an all around hurt defense ... that comparison is cardboard flimsy
Two touchdowns and a setup for THT's one-yard TD run. Hence, he was heavily responsible for all THREE touchdowns against the Giants. The pressure Grossman faced was right on par with what Campbell experienced. Not to mention Trent Williams was getting absolutely destroyed by Jason-Pierre Paul in the second half to the point he was practically "not even there". Candle faced similar pressure and get past the 17 point barrier since 2007.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.

Last edited by SirClintonPortis; 10-18-2011 at 04:24 AM.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:23 AM   #525
zeesson
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
lol... our receivers weren't open very often.. nor did the line even allow him to SEE the head lights... dunno what "tape" ur watching.... but id take Campbell over Grossman 10 outta 10 times honestly
You're right. The recievers weren't open that often (RandelEl) but when they were, Campbell was just not there. But I would certainly take Campbell over Grossman, but I don't regret him being gone.
zeesson is offline   Reply With Quote