Debating with the enemy

Old 06-13-2018, 10:59 PM   #511
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
05, 07? He did not pledge to denuke?
Well seeing as how he was 21 in 2005 and didn't become supreme leader until 2011 i dont think he did. NK did, and he may be trying that tact, but he invested ALOT of his energy in promoting the right to nuclear weapons AND the need for nuclear weapons. It has been the drumbeat of his media for the last 5 years and to come to full u turn is a different tone then he has ever put before his military and his people.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-13-2018, 11:23 PM   #512
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Well seeing as how he was 21 in 2005 and didn't become supreme leader until 2011 i dont think he did. NK did, and he may be trying that tact, but he invested ALOT of his energy in promoting the right to nuclear weapons AND the need for nuclear weapons. It has been the drumbeat of his media for the last 5 years and to come to full u turn is a different tone then he has ever put before his military and his people.

I was just questioning your second paragraph of the post i quoted. I read it as north koreans have not heard this talk before. Not sure if u meant to say ever or last four years? I should have said they not he though. Forget this guy is barely an adult sometimes. If this is indeed the first time he is down playing the need for nukes to his people though like you say than I would say -again- that it is because he is also telling his people that Trump is laying down his “guns” too. He is obviously spinning the summit to make it look like there is some sort of truce, and not just that he is laying down. I really believe at the end of the day this was plain and simply some sort of photo op for both leaders. They both go back home and say “i won - he is backing off”. But neither of them will. Sanctions get lifted when you de nuke, i will de nuke when you de nuke - it will literally morph back into a stalemate. I think the “testing “ might stop because Jung Un got something he wanted desperately- to be taken seriously- by the world - on the biggest stage - as a nuclear power that must be reckoned with. But we all know the testing wasn’t the issue it was the threat of testing becoming something more, and the threat (or the nukes) aren’t going anywhere. No way. No how.
I think we can both agree that time will tell. Though if things do not get better DT will never admit he actually accomplished nothing here other than giving Jung Un some sort of legitimacy that he so desperately craved. Hey who knows maybe that’s enough for him and he grows old quietly.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:29 PM   #513
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I was just questioning your second paragraph of the post i quoted. I read it as north koreans have not heard this talk before. Not sure if u meant to say ever or last four years? I should have said they not he though. Forget this guy is barely an adult sometimes. If this is indeed the first time he is down playing the need for nukes to his people I would say -again- that it is because he is also telling his people that Trump is laying down his “guns” too. He is obviously spinning the summit to make it look like there is some sort of truce, and not just that he is laying down. I really believe at the end of the day this was plain and simply some sort of photo op for both leaders. They both go back home and say “i won - he is backing off”. But neither of them will. Sanctions get lifted when you de nuke, i will de nuke when you de nuke - it will literally morph back into a stalemate. I think the “testing “ might stop because Jung Un got something he wanted desperately- to be taken seriously- by the world - on the biggest stage - as a nuclear power that must be reckoned with. But we all know the testing wasn’t the issue it was the threat of testing becoming something more, and the threat (or the nukes) aren’t going anywhere. No way. No how.
I think we can both agree that time will tell. Though if things do not get better DT will never admit he actually accomplished nothing here other than giving Jung Un some sort of legitimacy.
I admit i dont get the whole legitimacy issue, the guy is the ruler of nk, no one questions that. His family has ruled nk for 70 years.

I would understand it if there was a government in exile or if the UN didnt recognize nk as a state but there isnt and it does.

Not really a discussion point just me saying nk is a recognizrd country and not a soul on this planet thinks its ruler is anyone but kju.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:38 PM   #514
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
I admit i dont get the whole legitimacy issue, the guy is the ruler of nk, no one questions that. His family has ruled nk for 70 years.

I would understand it if there was a government in exile or if the UN didnt recognize nk as a state but there isnt and it does.

Not really a discussion point just me saying nk is a recognizrd country and not a soul on this planet thinks its ruler is anyone but kju.

Couldn’t agree more but he obviously has a need for attention. The missiles just screamed hey look at me, but honestly I never believed the guy was going to actually nuke anyone besides the fish. Thats why Trump calling him names was always reckless imo. Once Trump started though he couldn’t walk away. His ego would never let him. So we have what we had last week - two hot heads teaching the world about peace. Lol. Trump gets to say I warned him. KJU gets to say America is leaving. Nothing really changed at all though. They got into a pissing match, kissed and made up, and we are really right back where we started.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:49 PM   #515
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Couldn’t agree more but he obviously has a need for attention. The missiles just screamed hey look at me, but honestly I never believed the guy was going to actually nuke anyone besides the fish. Thats why Trump calling him names was always reckless imo. Once Trump started though he couldn’t walk away. His ego would never let him. So we have what we had last week - two hot heads teaching the world about peace. Lol. Trump gets to say I warned him. KJU gets to say America is leaving. Nothing really changed at all though. They got into a pissing match, kissed and made up, and we are really right back where we started.
But we aren't where we started. Kju put in writing that he was working towards denuclearization and he met outside of North Korea a western leader and he met with the South Korean leadership these are all things he had not done since he became president. It may be that he feels secure enough in his position to try a level of diplomacy, and it may be that this is a similar ruse to the 2005 era but it's not where we started with kju since 2011. He's never taken these steps before.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:10 AM   #516
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
But we aren't where we started. Kju put in writing that he was working towards denuclearization and he met outside of North Korea a western leader and he met with the South Korean leadership these are all things he had not done since he became president. It may be that he feels secure enough in his position to try a level of diplomacy, and it may be that this is a similar ruse to the 2005 era but it's not where we started with kju since 2011. He's never taken these steps before.

KJU is back in North Korea as dictator still with his full arsenal of nukes. We are exactly where we started. You call them steps. I call them a show. Who blinks first now? Who budges? Do you actually believe that KJU is going to get rid of his babies? I believe he might say he will. Who is going to go in and find out? What plans are in place to “verify” this? No offense to Pompeo. Lol. But that is sort of a key element. I hate to be a pessimist but this was a dog and pony show on both ends C Red. And you know what, IDC, because as long as Trump and KJU can both stop with their bravado and provocative bullshit the World will go on.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:59 AM   #517
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

I agree but lets not forget he is the ruler of NK becuase he killed off his uncle and a few cousins.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:09 AM   #518
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
So exactly what is he going to do,everyone talks about "denuclearization" but the truth is his program was failing ,his biggest test site collapsed,his tech knowledge is old and not up to date,there was no proof non that any of nk missiles could even come close to this country.What did trump get?We stop war games and we have put out allies S.Korea and Japan at risk......my one big question is how many copyrights did Ivanka get this time?
Old 06-14-2018, 07:15 AM   #519
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I love because Kim Un Fat didn’t pack the nukes in his luggage this is somehow a failure...
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:21 AM   #520
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I love because Kim Un Fat didn’t pack the nukes in his luggage this is somehow a failure...
he does'nt have any nukes in the first place,how is it a win?trump gave a murderous little dictator a seat at the grown up table,a place he does not belong.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:01 PM   #521
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

I love how because a lying murderous dictator made a promise that this is somehow a success....
Old 06-14-2018, 12:33 PM   #522
MTK
\m/

Quote:
I love how because a lying murderous dictator made a promise that this is somehow a success....

Listen man, there’s nothing to worry about, Pres Cheeto tweeted that this nuclear thing is over, go home, nothing to see here

Old 06-14-2018, 12:49 PM   #523
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Listen man, there’s nothing to worry about, Pres Cheeto tweeted that this nuclear thing is over, go home, nothing to see here

Oh shit. Well don’t i feel like an idiot. I didn’t know he had tweeted it. Im gonna book my flight to NK now. Maybe buy one of those condos and visit the new amusement park. Thanks Matty.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:15 PM   #524
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.ajc.com/news/national/fo...2O9nO95C4SUnI/

Former NBA star Dennis Rodman cries in interview about North Korea summit

This is the reaction I expect from everyone here...tears of joy.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:25 PM   #525
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
https://www.ajc.com/news/national/fo...2O9nO95C4SUnI/

Former NBA star Dennis Rodman cries in interview about North Korea summit

This is the reaction I expect from everyone here...tears of joy.

Ill just leave this right here. I cannot even begin to try n make sense of any of these misfits.