Media Bias

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-09-2018, 05:24 PM   #496
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Media Bias

FOX Opinion.............

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...tion/23478051/

Fox News host Howard Kurtz pushed back on his own show's panelists who blamed media bias for former Environmental Protection Agency chief Scott Pruitt's resignation last week.

Instead of siding with his conservative-leaning guests, Kurtz said his network had failed to adequately cover the administrator's resignation last Thursday amid more than a dozen federal investigations into his conduct at the agency.

Fox News host Howard Kurtz pushed back on his own panelists who blamed media bias for former Environmental Protection Agency chief Scott Pruitt's resignation last week.

Kurtz suggested that his own network, in fact, displayed bias by "barely" covering Pruitt's ouster amid more than a dozen investigations into his conduct at the EPA.

Advertisements
Old 07-09-2018, 05:49 PM   #497
Giantone
Gamebreaker

"It's Working"!

Yes, it is..........

https://www.spin.com/2018/07/trump-s...pruitt-bannon/

The patriotic Americans who have spent the last few weeks making life miserable for people like Stephen Miller and Kirstjen Nielsen can take some comfort in knowing that their efforts are working. Amid a flood of stories like this one about Steve Bannon being accosted at a bookstore over the weekend, the Washington Post published a lengthy story on the widespread efforts of ordinary people to disrupt public life for Trump administration staffers and appointees.

There’s a good detail about Miller—an architect of the “zero tolerance” immigration rule that led to family separations at the border—throwing away $80 worth of sushi because he was mad that a bartender flicked him off. There’s also an illuminating quote from onetime communications director Anthony Scaramucci, hinting at the possibility that these protests are having a more substantial effect than a few ruined dinners:
Old 07-09-2018, 08:00 PM   #498
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Gotta give it up to all these folks who are being berated and yelled at in public. No one has even raised their voice back.

Interesting...
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:11 PM   #499
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Gotta give it up to all these folks who are being berated and yelled at in public. No one has even raised their voice back.

Interesting...

Trump don’t like pussies

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...18-7?r=UK&IR=T
Old 07-09-2018, 08:19 PM   #500
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Wonder if it will happen or is this just fake news?

Will be interesting to see...but the best strategy is just act normal...let the few do there thing
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 09:47 PM   #501
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I'm surprised you'd say that Chico, the fact that Trump aggressively goes after his attackers is effective in that it only makes his supporters dig in deeper. Sure it makes his haters dig in deeper too but we can only do so much when his supporters are willing to follow him blind on every issue.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 05:33 AM   #502
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Gotta give it up to all these folks who are being berated and yelled at in public.

Interesting...
...........evidently chico ,that's not what is happening but hey why would you admit your're wrong?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/4d4298f...band%3A-i.html
Old 07-13-2018, 04:07 PM   #503
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

https://money.cnn.com/2018/07/13/tec...ers/index.html

Quote:
President Donald Trump lost 204,000 of his 53.3 million followers.

Singer Justin Bieber lost about 2.7 million followers, while President Obama's total dropped by nearly 2.4 million. That represents almost 2.5% of their respective followers.

New organizations took a hit too. CNN's breaking news account lost roughly 1 million followers, while the main New York Times account lost about 730,000.
Seems like Trump's followers are real people, and CNN/NYT has fake followers for their fake news.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 04:34 PM   #504
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

Seems like Trump's followers are real people, and CNN/NYT has fake followers for their fake news.

Yet you linked to the fake news site, who’s to say that news is real
Old 07-13-2018, 04:38 PM   #505
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Yet you linked to the fake news site, who’s to say that news is real
agreed, but libs believe it to be real, so i speak on their level.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:19 PM   #506
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Yet Obama had double the followers on twitter, so how do you figure???

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...rge/775601002/

How much of a decline there will be for Trump, who has 53.4 million followers, and Obama, who has 104 million, remains to be seen. One thing is likely: A backlash is coming. Conservatives have complained for years that these kinds of purges unfairly target conservative voices who don't agree with the political views of Twitter's largely liberal staff.

For Twitter, this is just the latest effort to restore trust with users. Follower counts, a key measure of online popularity and influence, should be accurate, it says. So it made the decision to no longer include Twitter accounts that it had frozen for suspicious behavior in the totals of followers listed on people's profiles.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:20 PM   #507
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
agreed, but libs believe it to be real, so i speak on their level.
Yet you can not name a media source that you trust.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:03 PM   #508
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Yet you can not name a media source that you trust.
I can and I have. Not my fault your mind is stuck in liberal hell.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:33 PM   #509
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I can and I have. Not my fault your mind is stuck in liberal hell.

LOL, no you haven't. Like a trump cult member you attack when pushed for facts.

Way to ignore the question about twitter followers.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:44 PM   #510
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL, no you haven't. Like a trump cult member you attack when pushed for facts.

Way to ignore the question about twitter followers.
I look at all the media from huffington post to breitbart, and then i look at what is rational and not rational. Sometimes CNN has accurate news. Sometimes Fox has accurate news, sometimes all the media shows the same news, mostly they show biased sides of the same news and critical thinking helps appraise it. I know that is incomprehensible in your mindset, that pinholes individuals as cultists or free thinkers or whatever other designation you apply to help you feel better about yourself.

As for the twitter followers, i only posted here because if you took msm reports you would think all of trumps followers were these bogus accounts when in fact he had very few both percentage wise and pure numbers compared to the msm and/or pres obama.