Start John Beck Madness Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-17-2011, 04:48 PM   #496
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Start John Beck Madness Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
Look. The guy threw 4 INTs. That makes 9 in the past FOUR games, and he should have at least 11 if not for some ridiculous Carlos Rogers-esque drops. Those that are arguing about who is responsible for what interception are missing the point, the bottom line. He is the field general, the signal caller, the top guy. He is the last person to touch the ball before it lands in a defenders hands, period. Why do we never hear about other teams quarterbacks and who is responsible for their interceptions? Probably because the rest of their play is up to snuff, at least to overlook a few missteps and chalk it up to a learning experience. If history is any indicator at ALL, this is not the case with rex grossman, period. This guy stays on the roster only because of the fact that we need bodies in case our other quarterback goes down in case of an injury. We have BARELY gotten by several talent challenged teams and eeked out our wins. This has to stop now.

The Washington Redskins have enough to contend with within their own conference, rather than having to fight out of every horrible situation that Rex Grossman puts them in every game. You can't go into a boxing match with handcuffs and a blindfold on, and that is what we are doing when we go into a game with Rex grossman behind center.
Because it's a Redskins message board, not a Jaguars message board.

Advertisements
Old 10-17-2011, 04:51 PM   #497
Brody81
Impact Rookie

After listening to Shanahan's presser today, I get the feeling Rex is going to be our starting QB on Sunday.. Just my opinion.
Brody81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:03 PM   #498
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody81 View Post
After listening to Shanahan's presser today, I get the feeling Rex is going to be our starting QB on Sunday.. Just my opinion.
Wouldn't shock me, but I didn't necessarily get that same impression
Old 10-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #499
Mechanix544
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
nah, its prolly cause most teams' quarterbacks' dont have to erroneously find somewhere to place the blame when their qb throws 9 INTs in just under 15 quarters.

I know this for sure, I am so tired of seeing over half the teams in this league have competent qb play, and our quarterback is doing everything in his power for us to LOSE the game. its time we take the noose (Rex Grossman) from around our neck, and play football.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #500
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Wouldn't shock me, but I didn't necessarily get that same impression
I don't know man... I wasn't really thrilled when I heard Shanahan say that he and Elway dealt with a few 5 INT days in their time together.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #501
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

If rex starts Sunday I will be pissed
Old 10-17-2011, 05:15 PM   #502
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

We'll have to agree to disagree then. Look, I get it. We all hate Sexy Rexy 'cause he blue balled our offense (see what I did there) and he unquestionably made some horrible decisions and was, more than anyone else, responsible for our loss yesterday. And as the QB he's going to get the majority of the blame (along with his past history), but he often didn't get help. And if you go around the league, there isn't any QB who is 100% responsible for all his interceptions. It's just not possible.

I'm disappointed in Grossman, absolutely. I thought his inconsistency was perhaps finally resolved. I thought after two years in this offense he was ready to have a solid, if not special year. If Beck is the starter, though I have my doubts about him, I will fully support him and hope he plays well. I'm not going to wish him a poor performance just to be right.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:17 PM   #503
Mechanix544
The Starter

Originally Posted by Mechanix544
Look. The guy threw 4 INTs. That makes 9 in the past FOUR games, 11 turnovers in the last 5 games overall and he should have at least 13-14 if not for some ridiculous Carlos Rogers-esque drops. Those that are arguing about who is responsible for what interception are missing the point, the bottom line. He is the field general, the signal caller, the top guy. He is the last person to touch the ball before it lands in a defenders hands, period. Why do we never hear about other teams quarterbacks and who is responsible for their interceptions? Probably because the rest of their play is up to snuff, at least to overlook a few missteps and chalk it up to a learning experience. If history is any indicator at ALL, this is not the case with rex grossman, period. This guy stays on the roster only because of the fact that we need bodies in case our other quarterback goes down in case of an injury. We have BARELY gotten by several talent challenged teams and eeked out our wins. This has to stop now.

The Washington Redskins have enough to contend with within their own conference, rather than having to fight out of every horrible situation that Rex Grossman puts them in every game. You can't go into a boxing match with handcuffs and a blindfold on, and that is what we are doing when we go into a game with Rex grossman behind center.
Quote:
True, Im sure the Jaguar message board is blowing up about the way their ROOKIE quarterback has thrown 2 interceptions in 5 games. edit... (sorry, he's played 6)

Last edited by Mechanix544; 10-17-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #504
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I don't know man... I wasn't really thrilled when I heard Shanahan say that he and Elway dealt with a few 5 INT days in their time together.
Yeah well Rex isnt Elway either.. If Beck doesn't start Sunday we lose I can see it now then the wheels may fall off
Old 10-17-2011, 05:21 PM   #505
Mechanix544
The Starter

If Rex grossman is starting, I will not watch it. I just dont have the intestinal fortitude for it. I will patiently wait until John Beck is able to come in and HOPEFULLY give us a better performance.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:21 PM   #506
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I've kind of learned to not really ever pay much attention to what Shanahan says in a press conference. And maybe Rex starts and Beck finishes. Or maybe Rex starts and plays well...and then we're all pissed because we don't want to win, we just want Rex benched!! Seriously though, I don't think any clear decision has been made yet
Old 10-17-2011, 05:21 PM   #507
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

NFL Videos: Quarterback question marks

Preach Joe
Old 10-17-2011, 05:22 PM   #508
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

If Rex Grossman starts I will watch and hope we win
Old 10-17-2011, 05:27 PM   #509
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
If Rex Grossman starts I will watch and hope we win
At the end of the day we have a winning record with him as our QB. I'd prefer to see John Beck after what we saw yesterday, but we're 3-2 with 11 games left, and we're going up against a 1-5 team (I know Carolina is scrappy, but still, 1-5).

The sky is nowhere close to falling.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #510
Bucket
Playmaker

If Rex starts i'll vomit every time we throw the ball because ill be so nervous.

When Beck came in, the offense looked like a Shanny offense, and Beck kinda reminded me of Jake Plummer lol
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote