Panthers vs Skins - Gameday thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 04:47 PM   #1
Deivybaby

Re: Panthers vs Skins - Gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
In one of the prediction threads I said there was no way we would only score 13 points. I was wrong and apologize.
Dont be mad. Not your fault some one called a draw play on 4th and 6 in the endzonfire shannnnyyy
Old 11-04-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
skins89moss
Playmaker

All I know we sure do have a QB who has balls and toughness
Old 11-04-2012, 04:23 PM   #3
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Has the NFL figured our offense out? Does that explain the past two games?
I think it's a mix of that and no playmakers
Old 11-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
Evilgrin
The Starter

How often does a skins receiver make a play like SS catch. Logan Paulsen has the best hands on the team now....
Old 11-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #5
skins89moss
Playmaker

Garçon is sorely missed on our offense because he is our #1 wr who can put fear in the defense.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #6
Meks
Pro Bowl

Something other than kicking it directly to the other team lol... i wish they didnt take that timeout and saved it :-( ... not much diff. In time wen we only had 18 secs left to begin with
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 11-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #7
Mechanix544
The Starter

Just got back from taking my kids to the fair. Haven't even gone to ESPN.com, but looking at the posts, Shanahan is getting HIS blame passed on down the line to Haslett and Danny Smith. Nothing changed since last week, so I guess we lost. Right? Lost to a 1-6 team? Just wondering how long its gonna take for people around here to realize what 4 people on this site have been wondering for a long time. Why in the hell do you all still believe Shanahan is not to blame?????

Another way to look at it even. If Mike S. is such an elite coach, taking into account ALL of his excellent creme de la creme successes in the ultra powerful early-mid 2000's AFC West, why is it taking so long for him to build even what RESEMBLES a contender? Remember what Rave said, the team he inherited was not that bad talent wise. So what gives? Obviously, the team is being sabotaged from the inside, because Mike WILL build a winner. Its just not going to take about 3 MORE years, and not for RG3 to learn anything or build a rapport with anyone, but now the entire Defense (entire secondary, depth at EVERY position) and the OLine is in question, as is our awesome receiving corps. Its not Shanahans fault that he is absolutely leaning on two rooks that even playing at their all pro level cannot make up for the deficiencies all over this team. But we were close. Again, its not like we are getting blown out, right???? 21-13 is respectable. But its the injuries, right? Ever taken a look at the Panthers injuries on their defense?

Like GTripp said, the offense is moving backwards, there is a big chance that the offensive line has completely opverachieved this year due to a fast mobile quarterback. Other than TW, the rest are garbage. THE REST. none of the other 4 would even sniff a starting spot on a contending team. This team, franchise is still a mess. But the whole aura and attitude has changed at Redskins park? Alot of good that has done us. 3-7 with an all universe QB that cannot continue to bail our inneffective MESS of a coaching staff, on all 3 sides of the ball, out. I hope and pray this is Mr. "Got a job cause I coached Elway"s last year. But I think its gonna take another year of "didn't get blown out, we are close" to get it through peoples heads.

And for the record, if this team wasn't down on itself after the Gmen last week, entering a bye week after losing to a horrid Panthers team with half their defensive starters out and letting that stew is not going to do us any favors moving forward. Shanny might struggle to get to 6 wins this year.

At least we are younger, right?

/end rant
Old 11-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #8
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Mike Shanahan blows. Jim Haslett blows. Danny Smith blows. A few people have said Kyle Shanahan is super talented. Yet to see it. MS is 0-3 on QBs with RG3 looking pretty promising. He has failed miserably with the OL (TW being the only exception), No talent at WR, FD has not lived up to his potential, Defense has been devastated by injuries but had everyone been healthy the secondary would have still been garbage -- I said it three years ago and I'll say it again: SHOULD HAVE HIRED COWHER

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
Old 11-04-2012, 04:52 PM   #9
Deivybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
Mike Shanahan blows. Jim Haslett blows. Danny Smith blows. A few people have said Kyle Shanahan is super talented. Yet to see it. MS is 0-3 on QBs with RG3 looking pretty promising. He has failed miserably with the OL (TW being the only exception), No talent at WR, FD has not lived up to his potential, Defense has been devastated by injuries but had everyone been healthy the secondary would have still been garbage -- I said it three years ago and I'll say it again: SHOULD HAVE HIRED COWHER
Still time to hire him after season. But id look into ND coach.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #10
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
Another way to look at it even. If Mike S. is such an elite coach, taking into account ALL of his excellent creme de la creme successes in the ultra powerful early-mid 2000's AFC West, why is it taking so long for him to build even what RESEMBLES a contender? Remember what Rave said, the team he inherited was not that bad talent wise. So what gives?
Disagree with the majority of your post, but want to focus here. Shanny cleaned house when he came in. And aside from Carlos Rogers who was determined not to get contacts or play better until the only contract he could get then was a one-year lowball from San Fran, the guys we let go HAVE NOT done much to show they belonged on an NFL team.

Cerrato left the cupboard pretty bare when Shanny took over. This has been a needed rebuild the past three years, despite Shanny trying to "win now" with McNabb in year one of his tenure.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #11
Mechanix544
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Disagree with the majority of your post, but want to focus here. Shanny cleaned house when he came in. And aside from Carlos Rogers who was determined not to get contacts or play better until the only contract he could get then was a one-year lowball from San Fran, the guys we let go HAVE NOT done much to show they belonged on an NFL team.

Cerrato left the cupboard pretty bare when Shanny took over. This has been a needed rebuild the past three years, despite Shanny trying to "win now" with McNabb in year one of his tenure.
And many have wondered. IF it was a 5 year rebuild, and the cupboard was so bare, why give away draft picks, high ones at that, for an aging QB from within the division? Obviously, he was thinking he could do at least SOMEHTHING with bringing McSuck in here. I guess he gets a pass there, though. I mean, its not like that second rounder could have ever been a contributer in our ASS BLOW secondary, right?
Old 11-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #12
DirtBagZ
Special Teams

Quote:
And many have wondered. IF it was a 5 year rebuild, and the cupboard was so bare, why give away draft picks, high ones at that, for an aging QB from within the division? Obviously, he was thinking he could do at least SOMEHTHING with bringing McSuck in here. I guess he gets a pass there, though. I mean, its not like that second rounder could have ever been a contributer in our ASS BLOW secondary, right?

You raise some really good points, and that is why I don't understand how 70% of the forum thinks that Shannahan should not be fired at the end of the season. This is year three and the team is either treading water or going backwards.

The frigging Colts are 5-3! Every so called expert stated how RG3 should have an easier go of it during his rookie campaign since the Skins have 'better talent' than the Colts. Seriously, how is it possible for this team to get crushed for the second year in a row by the Panthers! Snyder should fire the whole front office.

I'm probably in rant mode right now, it is just so frustrating to watch this team. Especially when they come out flat and get kicked in the teeth by the likes of the Rams/Panthers name current NFL bottom feeder franchise.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #13
Mechanix544
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBagZ View Post
You raise some really good points, and that is why I don't understand how 70% of the forum thinks that Shannahan should not be fired at the end of the season. This is year three and the team is either treading water or going backwards.

The frigging Colts are 5-3! Every so called expert stated how RG3 should have an easier go of it during his rookie campaign since the Skins have 'better talent' than the Colts. Seriously, how is it possible for this team to get crushed for the second year in a row by the Panthers! Snyder should fire the whole front office.

I'm probably in rant mode right now, it is just so frustrating to watch this team. Especially when they come out flat and get kicked in the teeth by the likes of the Rams/Panthers name current NFL bottom feeder franchise.
Here is the difference, hear me out. Its gonna be a lengthy explanation.

YOU DO NOT NEED STUDS AT EVERY POSITION TO WIN. ie colts this year. The coach is actually coaching and gameplanning his squad to wins. Its not that difficult. And thats a BRAND NEW COACH, in a situation where he has a rook QB, WORSE TALENT accross the board than we had, our division is weaker by a ton this year, and he is winning. Didn't take him long to take a one win abysmal team to 2 games over .500 at the halfway mark. Sure as hell didn't take him 5 years. This 5 year thing blows me away. Talk about job security. After a 5-11 year 3, he can always say, "I said it was a 5 year job to rebuild....." PHUCK THAT. Its the NFL, win or go home, overrated loser of a coach this Shanahan is. The game has so passed him by. Just sucks its gonna take Redskins nation 5 years to figure out that it doesn't matter if he has 3, 4, 5 or 12 years, he is not good anymore. If he was, we would at least see some results against a 1-6 team that is taking a nosedive in year 3.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #14
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Agreed the McNabb move was bad, but look how Shanny's changed the roster since.

Totally new OL and backfield. Who other than Moss and if you want count Cooley have we kept? Not many on O. And on Defense Rak and Fletch are a given, but not much else there from the old regime on D either.

And of the guys who left, who's made a bang? Rogers who even didn't want to play here when Blanche and Co. ran the D, one good year from Carter with the Pats though he got injured there, who else? Our roster was pathetic when Shanahan came in.

I'm in favor of giving Shanny his original 5 years, despite this mess today. There was a lot of cleaning up to do, and I do think the future is brighter than when he came in.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:38 PM   #15
Bucket
Playmaker

Defense are not really figuring us out. We are beating ourselves.
Closed Thread