Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Coronavirus (non political)

Parking Lot

Old 04-22-2020, 11:22 AM   #481
MTK
\m/

Re: Coronavirus (non political)

This is why testing is so critical, if we're really talking about a fatality rate comparable to the flu WTF are we doing all hunkering down

Dr. Birx Asked About L.A. Study Finding Coronavirus Death Rate ‘In Line With’ The Flu

link to press release of the study

Advertisements
Old 04-22-2020, 11:35 AM   #482
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
This is why testing is so critical, if we're really talking about a fatality rate comparable to the flu WTF are we doing all hunkering down

Dr. Birx Asked About L.A. Study Finding Coronavirus Death Rate ‘In Line With’ The Flu

California and Washington State is first places where the infection spread, if we are finding Feb 6th as the first death, do we honestly believe there aren't others prior?

And again....if the spread was happening, why wasn't there red flags or hospitals that were overwhelmed? If there was not any business interruption in everyday life...then the medical community were taking an "uptick" in flu and pneumonia in stride. What is on the death certificates of the first 2 deaths, influenza?

Resetting a timeline 3 weeks early as first death is game changing....this is where the investigative reporting should be focus. This is massive news.

Here in Richmond, I personally know a older guy and his son a 50 years old man died at home from the flu on my birthday, January 31st. It really makes you think...

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 04-22-2020 at 12:14 PM.
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 12:17 PM   #483
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:

I am soooooooooooooooo done with this fake virus. So done.
Old 04-22-2020, 12:18 PM   #484
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I am soooooooooooooooo done with this fake virus. So done.
oy don't tell me you think this is all a hoax
Old 04-22-2020, 12:23 PM   #485
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
oy don't tell me you think this is all a hoax
I shouldn't said "fake" I am just done with this virus.

I believe the social distancing was more effective then previously thought. Now its juts become a pissing match between left and right as to what to do next.

I see people giving less and less of a shit;in my neighborhood last weekend it was business as usually pretty much. folks out talking kids playing together where just a few weeks earlier everyone was huddle down like it was The Secret of NIMH and the tractor was about to run over our rat hole.
Old 04-22-2020, 12:58 PM   #486
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Its def not a hoax...see NYC and surrounding, Northern Italy, Iran, and Wuhan China at their peaks. Social distancing, washing hands, less traveling, etc...naturally will combat the spread.

But the flattening the curve movement is obviously to get less sick, less deaths...but mainly to not stress the health care response, the ability to treat everyone is the goal, and even at the worst here (NYC and surrounding) we were able to meet that challenge with all unproven treatment methods.

At this point, what I question now is, the west coast went through its wave much earlier without social distant measures taken to fully taken to stop spread...the healthcare response never seemed overwhelmed. People who got sick, didn't seek help bc mild symptoms or even if you were sick, you were treated like having Flu and pneumonia.

Its really trying to grasp how to handle something that is sooooo contagious. Like on a scale of 1-10...I would imagine this type of disease would be a 9 or 10...It seems like no matter what, its gonna reach most communities.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 01:00 PM   #487
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Its def not a hoax...see NYC and surrounding, Northern Italy, Iran, and Wuhan China at their peaks. Social distancing, washing hands, less traveling, etc...naturally will combat the spread.

But the flattening the curve movement is obviously to get less sick, less deaths...but mainly to not stress the health care response, the ability to treat everyone is the goal, and even at the worst here (NYC and surrounding) we were able to meet that challenge with all unproven treatment methods.

At this point, what I question now is, the west coast went through its wave much earlier without social distant measures taken to fully taken to stop spread...the healthcare response never seemed overwhelmed. People who got sick, didn't seek help bc mild symptoms or even if you were sick, you were treated like having Flu and pneumonia.

Its really trying to grasp how to handle something that is sooooo contagious. Like on a scale of 1-10...I would imagine this type of disease would be a 9 or 10...It seems like no matter what, its gonna reach most communities.
The best thing that comes out of all of this is that we got a wake up call we need to be better prepared moving forward.
Old 04-22-2020, 01:08 PM   #488
SunnySide
Playmaker

Yeah I think many of us here have it or may have had it. My only concern is my parents, they’re older and still going to work. It also scares me to read about young healthy people dying or having a very difficult recovery.

N95 masks, bought 3 for 10 a piece and a bottle of hand sanitizer for 20. The guy who works my corner store said you can get it on amazon for cheaper so I looked and low and behold there was hand sanitizer available, 3 left. But by the time you click on it it’s literally sold out. So I refreshed and again there was hand sanitizer available but again it sold out before I could click on it.

Found 2 bottles of “fantastix” cleaner at wegmans, entire aisle so cleared out except for these bottles and it says kills viruses and germs. I wonder since it’s marketed as kitchen cleaner if people skipped it.

————

Regarding getting tired of following strict measures. Can’t lie, I’m starting to think I need to go into the office more, even though we have a pretty varied (international) staff and some I don’t think are taking it serious, they would make fun of me before for buying gloves for the office etc

Such an odd time.

One bonus is spending quality time with your kid and homeschool has been cool. I’ve really learned her weaknesses and feel like we made advancements specific to her needs vs what her teacher, who is awesome, can do with like 22 second graders.
Old 04-22-2020, 02:42 PM   #489
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

It bothers me that even this medical issue that you can carry and transmit to other people (who it might kill) has become such a partisan thing like everything else in this country. Like isn't there anything that both sides can agree on anymore? What happened to trusting experts, people who have spent their entire lives studying issues like these to be prepared for moments like this?
Old 04-22-2020, 03:33 PM   #490
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
It bothers me that even this medical issue that you can carry and transmit to other people (who it might kill) has become such a partisan thing like everything else in this country. Like isn't there anything that both sides can agree on anymore? What happened to trusting experts, people who have spent their entire lives studying issues like these to be prepared for moments like this?
That's where Trump is separated from many modern presidents. We hate each other thanks to him. All he would have to do is say "Wear a mask." It's not hard. But hey, it's where we are now.
Old 04-22-2020, 03:45 PM   #491
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Cocksucker in chief made it where everything can be discredited by saying "fake news". Literally his flock can just fall back on that. I've never seen anything like it in my lifetime. Hindsight will be 20/20 on this, but I would wager every modern president since I've been alive would have done a better job with this than him.
Old 04-23-2020, 11:14 AM   #492
SunnySide
Playmaker

47,808 currently

over 100 reported cases in my zip code, the most of any Howard County zip code.
Old 04-23-2020, 04:32 PM   #493
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
That's where Trump is separated from many modern presidents. We hate each other thanks to him. All he would have to do is say "Wear a mask." It's not hard. But hey, it's where we are now.
I've heard him say that dozens of times. And BTW the fringe Left and right have had hate for a long time.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 04:48 PM   #494
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
I've heard him say that dozens of times. And BTW the fringe Left and right have had hate for a long time.
No , not like this,not like it is now .
Old 04-23-2020, 04:50 PM   #495
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Cocksucker in chief made it where everything can be discredited by saying "fake news". Literally his flock can just fall back on that. I've never seen anything like it in my lifetime. Hindsight will be 20/20 on this, but I would wager every modern president since I've been alive would have done a better job with this than him.
Amen.