Coronavirus (political)

Debating with the enemy

Old 05-15-2020, 03:08 PM   #466
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Coronavirus (political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
We should definitely be less dependent on China for goods.

The rich get richer.

https://apnews.com/0a3283036d2f4e699da4aa3c6dd01727

China grants 18 trademarks in 2 months to Trump, daughter

and.........,five more in Jan.2019

https://fortune.com/2019/01/21/ivank...na-trademarks/

Ivanka Trump’s shuttered fashion brand received preliminary approval on five trademarks in China this month while the U.S. and China continue to undergo tense trade negotiations.

Advertisements
Old 05-15-2020, 03:45 PM   #467
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Yes there is but it doesn't fit the republican narrative that helping Americans is bad.
Jesus g1 I think it’s been a bipartisan effort to help individuals and businesses...

But your general dishonesty is on par per the usual

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 05:34 PM   #468
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Jesus g1 I think it’s been a bipartisan effort to help individuals and businesses...

But your general dishonesty is on par per the usual
Not according to your buddy Mitch (turtel head ) McConnell
Old 05-16-2020, 02:51 PM   #469
TKilla7126
Camp Scrub

I remember when Andrew Yang was running and he wanted to give $1,000 to all Americans.

People laughed at him. Scoffed at his ideas. And was consistently given the least amount of speaking time in the debates smh

Well.. empowering all people with money looks like a pretty appealing policy right now.
TKilla7126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 07:09 PM   #470
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/5/1...ville-covid-19

F—k that guy’ Dana White unloads on New York Times coverage of UFC COVID-19 safety protocols

Well said Dana White...new respect for him

He Gets Us
Old 05-16-2020, 09:13 PM   #471
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/5/1...ville-covid-19

F—k that guy’ Dana White unloads on New York Times coverage of UFC COVID-19 safety protocols

Well said Dana White...new respect for him
LOL, big surprise here , you agree with an angry white guy who has bought into the trump lies on the Media like you have,............nothing here .
Old 05-17-2020, 05:37 AM   #472
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Good God Stupid runs in the trump family!!!!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/eric-...052401046.html

Eric Trump Claims Democrats' Cooked-Up COVID-19 Will 'Magically' Vanish Election Day

Taking a page from his dad’s playbook, Eric Trump insisted in an interview Saturday that COVID-19 will “magically” disappear — after election day.

He indicated that the coronavirus that has killed 312,000 people around the globe — including nearly 90,000 Americans — is a ploy cooked up by the Democrats to stop Donald Trump from rallying his supporters at campaign events.

Democratic presidential frontrunner Joe Biden “loves this,” the middle son told Jeanine Pirro on Fox News.

“They think they’re taking away Donald Trump’s greatest tool, which is to go into an arena and fill it with 50,000 people every time.” Trump has never had 50,000 people in an American arena.

“You watch,” Eric added. “They will milk it every single day between now and November 3rd,” he said.

“And guess what – after November 3rd, coronavirus will magically, all of the sudden, go away and disappear and everybody will be able to reopen.”
Old 05-17-2020, 04:33 PM   #473
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...e-15273400.php

How Cuomo got propped for doing a great job and how some even wanted him to replace Biden...I’ll never understand. The media is just disgusting and dishonest. As this is all shaking out and the data becomes available, I would advise putting up the numbers of New York versus the state’s of Georgia and Florida, who the media constantly attacked simply because their governor are Republicans.

He Gets Us
Old 05-17-2020, 05:56 PM   #474
Giantone
Gamebreaker

million in NYC alone , 19 million in the State
Quote:
https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...e-15273400.php

How Cuomo got propped for doing a great job and how some even wanted him to replace Biden...I’ll never understand. The media is just disgusting and dishonest. As this is all shaking out and the data becomes available, I would advise putting up the numbers of New York versus the state’s of Georgia and Florida, who the media constantly attacked simply because their governor are Republicans.
9 million in NYC and 19 million in the State total add in another 3-5 million who commute into NYC everyday and there is as many in the city as Florida has in the State.(or close to it) .Virus all so doesn't do well in the heat and humidity supposedly as opposed to NYC these past three months

chico you bias hate filled agenda is driven by you love of kissing trumps ass. You're sad ,I feel sorry for you.

P. S.

Cuomo hasn't been lying about this shit from day one like trump has so there is that.

So far chico.............

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...avirus/608647/
Old 05-17-2020, 08:47 PM   #475
MTK
\m/

Cuomo definitely dropped the ball with nursing homes no doubt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2020, 05:17 AM   #476
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Cuomo definitely dropped the ball with nursing homes no doubt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everyone did, Nursing homes are the "hot spots everywhere.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-homes/610855/

An estimated 70 percent of coronavirus deaths in Minnesota have been linked to long-term-care facilities. In at least six states, these fatalities account for half of all COVID-19 deaths, and according to the World Health Organization, half of all coronavirus fatalities in Europe have been traced to nursing homes too. Some of this mortality is linked to long-term-care facilities that are shoddily run or that violate health standards. But most of them are doing the best they can with what they have. And they don’t have much.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:21 AM   #477
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Everyone did, Nursing homes are the "hot spots everywhere.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-homes/610855/

An estimated 70 percent of coronavirus deaths in Minnesota have been linked to long-term-care facilities. In at least six states, these fatalities account for half of all COVID-19 deaths, and according to the World Health Organization, half of all coronavirus fatalities in Europe have been traced to nursing homes too. Some of this mortality is linked to long-term-care facilities that are shoddily run or that violate health standards. But most of them are doing the best they can with what they have. And they don’t have much.
Lol...yes g1 as the data comes in we have realized this. We have 1009 deaths here Virginia and 591 are in long term care facilities. In fact look closer at the numbers here specifically at age...Zero death 0-19...9 deaths from age 20-39...22 from 40-49. 53 50-59. So that means 924 Ages 60+ Or 92%.

So let’s ask ourself What the infection rates versus death rates...while I gotta imagine it’s gonna be more that flu (2 or 3 times worse? )it will be considered on the Same spectrum as the flu and not mers , Ebola, etc.

But your avoiding the facts once again with Cuamo...
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ients-n1191811

New York implemented a policy to require New York nursing homes to take Covid patients :

The coronavirus patients began arriving the last week of March, transferred to the Gurwin Jewish Nursing and Rehabilitation Center under a New York state mandate requiring nursing homes to accept those recovering from COVID-19, even if they still might be contagious.

Do you think the governor was reckless here? This is a policy decision

He Gets Us
Old 05-18-2020, 08:13 AM   #478
Giantone
Gamebreaker

More bad news for the GOP "alternative facts" people.............yes this has Virus information in it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ap-fact-c...040838026.html

TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS

NAVARRO, praising Trump's pandemic response: “This starting gun for the China pandemic started on Jan. 30 when President Trump had the courage to pull down the flights from China. ... So don’t tell me we lost February, because I was there. I’m right here. And this president was directing us to move as quickly as possible.” — interview Sunday on ABC's “This Week.”

TRUMP: “In January I put – and I was criticized by everybody including Dr. Fauci — I put in a wall. We put in a very strong wall. Only a small number of people were allowed in, and they were all U.S. citizens. I can’t tell a U.S. citizen, you can’t come back into your country. ... We actually acted very early.” — Fox interview Thursday.

THE FACTS: The travel restrictions he imposed on China in late January had other loopholes besides the exceptions for U.S. citizens. It was not a solid “wall” or total ban, as Trump and his trade adviser suggest.

There were many gaps in containment and initial delays in testing in January and February, leading to the U.S. rising to No. 1 globally in the number of people infected by the coronavirus.

His order temporarily barred entry by foreign nationals who had traveled in China within the previous 14 days, with exceptions for U.S. citizens, but also their immediate family and permanent residents.

Dr. Anne Schuchat, the No. 2 official at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, told The Associated Press the federal government was also slow to understand how much coronavirus was spreading from Europe, which helped drive the acceleration of U.S. outbreaks in February. Trump announced restrictions for many European countries in mid-March.

”I think the timing of our travel alerts should have been earlier," she said.

___

VIRUS TESTING

TRUMP: “We just cracked 10 million tests ... Ten million. ... If you look down here, these are other countries that have not done anywhere near what we’re doing. We’re double. If you add them up and double them, we’ve done more tests. But I can’t get the press to print that, unfortunately.” — remarks Wednesday with governors of Colorado and North Dakota.

TRUMP: “What we’ve done on testing, we’ve now tested more than the entire world put together.” — remarks Thursday to reporters.

THE FACTS: False. The U.S. has not tested more than all other countries combined, let alone double the number for the entire world. It also lags many countries in testing its population proportionally.

Together, just three countries — Russia, Germany and Italy — have reported more tests than the U.S.

This week, the U.S. had reported conducting more than 10 million tests since the pandemic began, after failing in the crucial early weeks of the outbreak. That compared with more than 23 million tests by the other countries in the top 10 of the testing count.

The U.S. was followed by Russia, Germany, Italy, Spain, Britain, India, United Arab Emirates, Turkey and France.

___

BRETT GIROIR, the federal health official overseeing U.S. testing: “Everybody who needs a test can get a test. ... If you’re symptomatic with a respiratory illness, that is an indication for a test and you can get a test. If you need to be contact traced, you can get a test.” — news briefing on May 11.

THE FACTS: Not according to public health experts, who say the U.S. is not near the testing level to safely reopen.

Researchers at the Harvard Global Health Institute, for instance, said the U.S. should now be doing 900,000 tests a day to help stop the spread of the virus. Trump this week said the U.S. was doing about 300,000.

Giroir stressed that an adequate number of diagnostic tests were available for those with symptoms of COVID-19, but studies have shown many who get infected never show symptoms. Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious diseases expert, has urged enough testing to include at the least asymptomatic people in vulnerable populations, such as nursing homes.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently broadened its guidelines for coronavirus testing to include certain asymptomatic people who may be at higher risk.

More than 40 states are failing to test widely enough to reach the level needed to safely loosen stay-at-home orders, according to an AP analysis of metrics developed by the Harvard Global Health Institute. The group includes four — Colorado, Florida, Georgia and Texas – that have already reopened.
Old 05-18-2020, 09:07 AM   #479
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Good God Stupid runs in the trump family!!!!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/eric-...052401046.html

Eric Trump Claims Democrats' Cooked-Up COVID-19 Will 'Magically' Vanish Election Day

Taking a page from his dad’s playbook, Eric Trump insisted in an interview Saturday that COVID-19 will “magically” disappear — after election day.

He indicated that the coronavirus that has killed 312,000 people around the globe — including nearly 90,000 Americans — is a ploy cooked up by the Democrats to stop Donald Trump from rallying his supporters at campaign events.

Democratic presidential frontrunner Joe Biden “loves this,” the middle son told Jeanine Pirro on Fox News.

“They think they’re taking away Donald Trump’s greatest tool, which is to go into an arena and fill it with 50,000 people every time.” Trump has never had 50,000 people in an American arena.

“You watch,” Eric added. “They will milk it every single day between now and November 3rd,” he said.

“And guess what – after November 3rd, coronavirus will magically, all of the sudden, go away and disappear and everybody will be able to reopen.”
Problem is people out there will buy into crap like this. The misinformation campaign is just beginning.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:00 AM   #480
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Lol could u imagine a travel restriction where we deny us citizens returning to the country? Could you imagine what the press would say? It’s like we don’t understand anything...yes the travel ban stopped people from coming in and naturally spread it. Biden and Pelosi both made statements criticizing the travel ban calling it racist. Lol, so they would have simply allowed travelers in spreading it around. We are too woke to stop the spread...

In the end...it was already here. Was it a solid wall? No

He Gets Us