Coronavirus (non political)

Parking Lot

Old 04-21-2020, 09:46 AM   #466
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Coronavirus (non political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Seems like any food item that has a shelf life gets hoarded.
I actually read an article yesterday that said that most likely even when the Pandemic is declared "over" when the US transmissions get very low, low case numbers, etc., the panic buying will not likely stop because people will fear a second wave this fall, etc. So if anything the hoarding will get even worse.

There are some calls so far for the government to invoke the defense production act as far as toilet paper & cleaning supplies, but they were debating if it could be actually used on industries like toilet paper factories, food companies, etc....

Advertisements
Old 04-21-2020, 10:22 AM   #467
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I did read an article that I think was based on observance in NYC. It said rats that used to eat out of dumpsters outside of restaurants are now fighting each other over the limited food supply and have even started to cannibalize each other. A stark contrast to before when they had plenty for all of them to eat and never fought over food.
lol
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 10:43 AM   #468
skinsfan69
Living Legend

So Brooke Baldwin now has the virus. I'm sure everyone knows who she is, anchor for CNN. I find her attractive. But here she is having who I assume is her husband taking all these staged pictures of her, looking like she's dying. One in particular she is actually looking like she's almost in a sexual position with her shirt partly pulled up and she's laying on the top part of a couch. Just wondering what people think about her and these ridiculous pictures.
Old 04-21-2020, 11:28 AM   #469
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
So Brooke Baldwin now has the virus. I'm sure everyone knows who she is, anchor for CNN. I find her attractive. But here she is having who I assume is her husband taking all these staged pictures of her, looking like she's dying. One in particular she is actually looking like she's almost in a sexual position with her shirt partly pulled up and she's laying on the top part of a couch. Just wondering what people think about her and these ridiculous pictures.
PIC or it didn't happen!
Old 04-21-2020, 11:29 AM   #470
mredskins
Gamebreaker

the whole Chris Cuomo thing is BS too, I wish i looked as healthy as him.
Old 04-21-2020, 01:16 PM   #471
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post

If this is a sexual position to you, dare I say you objectify women a little too much. If it's a sexually arousing photo it's only because she's a good looking woman. I don't think she's trying to make a statement. I don't think it's a ridiculous photo. As usual, I think you're ridiculous.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:10 PM   #472
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post

If this is a sexual position to you, dare I say you objectify women a little too much. If it's a sexually arousing photo it's only because she's a good looking woman. I don't think she's trying to make a statement. I don't think it's a ridiculous photo. As usual, I think you're ridiculous.
Its definitely a odd picture. Kind of cool she has the elevator right to her apartment, though that kind of freak me out every time it passed my apartment wondering if it would stop and open.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:47 PM   #473
Giantone
Gamebreaker

God you guys are bored!!!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2020, 04:26 PM   #474
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post

Oh GTFO w/ your pissy ass attitude. Did I say anything about being " an arousing" picture?? Nope. It's not arousing at all. Stop putting words in my mouth and read what I said. I certainly don't see any sick person laying on their couch like that... SMH... I was sick about a month ago and certainly wasn't laying around like that.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:27 PM   #475
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Its definitely a odd picture. Kind of cool she has the elevator right to her apartment, though that kind of freak me out every time it passed my apartment wondering if it would stop and open.
It's very odd and a little over the top if you ask me.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:30 PM   #476
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
the whole Chris Cuomo thing is BS too, I wish i looked as healthy as him.
I like Chris and enjoy listening to him. He seems like a straight shooter. But it's tv and tv is all about ratings. I do believe he has the virus. But like w/ Baldwin, some of it is a little over the top.
Old 04-21-2020, 07:32 PM   #477
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
Because of liability issues.
Seems like that could be solved if soup kitchens/food banks/etc. would sign a liability waiver absolving the donation from liability.
Old 04-21-2020, 08:03 PM   #478
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Seems like that could be solved if soup kitchens/food banks/etc. would sign a liability waiver absolving the donation from liability.
But then Soup Kitchen Food Bank etc is now responsible.
Old 04-21-2020, 08:04 PM   #479
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
But then Soup Kitchen Food Bank etc is now responsible.Many of these reasons are Federal regulations or State and can't be signed away with a waiver.
Old 04-22-2020, 10:33 AM   #480
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/us/ca...-us/index.html

New autopsy results show two Californians died of coronavirus in early and mid-February -- up to three weeks before the previously known first US death from the virus.

Doctors try to untangle why they're seeing 'unprecedented' blood clotting among Covid-19 patients

Related Article: Doctors try to untangle why they're seeing 'unprecedented' blood clotting among Covid-19 patients

These deaths now stand as the country's earliest two attributed to the novel coronavirus, a development that may change the understanding of how early the virus was spreading in the country, health experts told CNN Wednesday.

This is the most important information to date about how the disease was here in the US. Feb 6th death is 3 weeks prior to previous first known. 3 fucking weeks...3...that is a massive difference. So infections were what mid-late January? Combined this with the Santa Clara county tests from last week, this stuff was moving up and down the west coast and the numbers will never truly be accurate. We got to view it real time in NYC and other hotspots....

So the expectations would be California and Washington State would have experienced this first wave in late Feb and Early-Mid March? What were the hospital numbers then? Wouldn't we expect bigger news about being overwhelmed there? the West coast was still holding Major massive events, , marathons, comic con, etc. San Fran, LA, Seattle, Portland...relatively dense pockets there...the social distance orders weren't in place, schools were in session, etc.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote