Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Start John Beck Madness Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-17-2011, 05:47 AM   #466
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Start John Beck Madness Thread

You read the forum rules! You're a rare breed. Kudos. I'm not sure anyone has said Rex is the reason we are 3-1. But I would say that I am one of those who has said benching Rex when we're 3-1 for an unproven Beck when evidence shows we can't put ALL out blame on Rex seems like a potentially risky proposition. I'm rooting for Beck if he's playing. But just because I'm not 100% comfortable making the switch to him doesn't mean I don't know football.

Advertisements
Old 10-17-2011, 06:38 AM   #467
zeesson
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You read the forum rules! You're a rare breed. Kudos. I'm not sure anyone has said Rex is the reason we are 3-1. But I would say that I am one of those who has said benching Rex when we're 3-1 for an unproven Beck when evidence shows we can't put ALL out blame on Rex seems like a potentially risky proposition. I'm rooting for Beck if he's playing. But just because I'm not 100% comfortable making the switch to him doesn't mean I don't know football.
Oh no, I didn't mean to imply that anyone who thought that way were idiots, just the ones who only had that to say. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
zeesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:02 AM   #468
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
I don't agree.. I think Rex's arm is overrated. Beck has the better arm of the two QB's in my opinion and a faster release.
REx's arm isnt his problem, he's too short. IMO he really struggles to see over the line and down the field. I think his lack of vision is what causes most of his INTs.

I dont have a problem with them swapping in Beck (if I was HC I wouldnt do it just yet) but I dont expect the QB production to change much for the better or worse with Beck.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:03 AM   #469
44ever

I think at this point we all know Rex is not the answer so lets move on. Beck may or may not take us to the playoffs but he may not hinder the development of the team as a whole. Rex was setting the "same ol Redskins" mentality IMO. In both players and fans.

The players believed in the team this year, some of them actually made bold predictions to the point of a possible SB run. If Beck can at the least just play solid, he may give us that spark back and allow for further development of the players around him.

Beck should have been given the entire 2nd half of the Eagles game. I think he made the most of the little time had.

There is something about Beck I believe in...
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:10 AM   #470
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Beck faces a bad panthers and bills Defense the next 2 weeks let's see if he can get us going
Old 10-17-2011, 08:39 AM   #471
44ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Beck faces a bad panthers and bills Defense the next 2 weeks let's see if he can get us going
Step 1. Lets hope it's Beck and not Grossman...
Old 10-17-2011, 08:45 AM   #472
Jontrem
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
Yes I have an odd feeling that Shanny is going to come out in defense of Rex and name him the starter for this week. I think most of us will shake our heads at the move but we have to believe that Shanny knows more than we do about the QBs, right?
Jontrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:50 AM   #473
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
It's gotta be Beck.

The Rexy reclamation project didn't work, now they have 2nd chance to bring a QB back from the ashes.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:58 AM   #474
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I wasn't a fan of replacing Rex a week ago, but what a difference a week makes. I don't think you can put Rex back out there after that performance yesterday, and given the fact that Beck came in and provided a slight spark and gave the team a chance. Beck's overall performance was a little shaky too, but with a full week's reps with the first team and executing the game plan in practice I think he has to produce better results (at least not worse - I hope) than we have received from Rexy.

Of course I don't think you can just keep flip-flopping your QBs so I would expect this team to live or die with Beck now...unless he gets injured.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:00 AM   #475
44ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
It's gotta be Beck.

The Rexy reclamation project didn't work, now they have 2nd chance to bring a QB back from the ashes.
That would make a sweet story.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:07 AM   #476
Jontrem
Impact Rookie

Beck can do more with his feet and with two starting Olinemen down I think that is going to be key in the next few weeks.
Jontrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:10 AM   #477
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

If Beck does anything, the fact we got him for Doug Dutch will make it one of the best trades ever
Old 10-17-2011, 09:12 AM   #478
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

I was pushing for Beck in the offseason b/c I felt like we knew Grossman's limitations and that we had a large enough sample size that we knew he was going to cost us some games. Many people made the same argument.

Many people pushed for Grossman b/c they felt Beck has had ample opportunity to show he could start but he failed to take the job in his prior stops or even show enough to rate as a good solid number 2 guy and that, based on his inability, he simple could not succeed as a QB.

My fear is that both arguments were 100% right. We've already seen that the Rex dissenters were pretty damn close to right on.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:24 AM   #479
44ever

Shanahan mum on whether Redskins will switch to John Beck after Rex Grossman's poor showing - The Insider - The Washington Post

Washington Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan declined to say whether the switch to John Beck is permanent or was just for the final quarter of the 20-13 loss to the Eagles. Instead the coach said that the decision wouldn’t be made until Wednesday.

“I would never announce that right after a game,” Shanahan said. “I would announce that later on in the week. We’ll make a decision after looking at the film.”

Last edited by 44ever; 10-17-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:28 AM   #480
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I was pushing for Beck in the offseason b/c I felt like we knew Grossman's limitations and that we had a large enough sample size that we knew he was going to cost us some games. Many people made the same argument.

Many people pushed for Grossman b/c they felt Beck has had ample opportunity to show he could start but he failed to take the job in his prior stops or even show enough to rate as a good solid number 2 guy and that, based on his inability, he simple could not succeed as a QB.

My fear is that both arguments were 100% right. We've already seen that the Rex dissenters were pretty damn close to right on.
You can't argue that both are bad. It's one or the other! You're an idiot. :cheeky-sm
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote