Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #451
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Re: We've got big trouble on the OL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooleyAsCanBe View Post
I saw on TV last night that the x-rays were negative, so Williams should be fine. He said he wasn't sure if he'd practice at the beginning of the week, but that there shouldn't be any long-term issues.

He was injured on the touchdown play and I have to say, both Garcon and RGIII owe him some beignets. Williams was 10 yards downfield and blocked two Bills players to clear the lane. Glad to see him moving closer to his potential.
I think it was Moss blocking on that play too...big props to teamwork

Advertisements
Old 08-13-2012, 12:19 AM   #452
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
I know Okie, but every year for the last shoot since Norv's final year I go to the old tried and true 8-8 to 10-6 routine and it usually doesn't work out that way, so I don't want to sound like a broken record all the time. Our schedule is brutal in November, but rather tame in my opinion in Sept and into October. Intradivisional games of course are always tough, but the beginning of the schedule maybe can be a tuning up period for Robert.
If you consider New Orleans, Cincy, Giants, Pittsburgh, and Atlanta tame than I dont even want to see brutal...........

Eventually a team just HAS to turn the corner - even last year when we only won 5, we were actually within a stones throw from winning 7 more. If there is one thing this team has shown me over recent years is that we play to the level of our competition and usually our wins come against the better teams that go far into the playoffs, and lose to the teams that finish with worse records than we do. Its actually uncanny if you look at the results. I know RG-3 is a rookie but Ill be damned if he isnt better as a rookie than anything we have seen under center in some time. The Giants were 7-7 last year and dead in the water - than got hot and won it all. We can do the same thing, hell we beat them twice. QB play, QB play, QB play - how quickly we forget how Rex and Beck cost us so many crucial downs, throws, plays, and wins.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #453
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

John Keim ‏@john_keim

#redskins announce they've signed OL Chris Campbell. Released WR Darius Hanks
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 08-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #454
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
John Keim ‏@john_keim

#redskins announce they've signed OL Chris Campbell. Released WR Darius Hanks
Think we posted at the same time. I'm actually going to close this thread down and we'll start with a fresh one