Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Now What??

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-28-2009, 11:04 PM   #451
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Re: Now What??

Ok, this is what I would do, see if Holmgren will come in as consultant to assist Zorn. If he won't we are screwed. If he does then lets see what changes. Maybe we have a chance to salvage something.

Then at the end of the yr evaluate the situation, If nothing has changed and we have a losing yr then contact Marty Schottenheimer and bring him in as GM. Move Cerrato to handling only the contract/business side of things. Let Marty have control of player personell and assist with scouting. Bring in Brian Schottenheimer as HC (since he has done so well with the Jets) and give him the opportunity to bring in his own coach's.

Since we already have AH and he used to be in a 3-4 make the only suggestion that whoever Brian brings in we are looking to change to a 3-4 style of defense.

Brian Schottenheimer:
Brian Schottenheimer : Offensive Coordinator : Official Jets Bio : New York Jets Team News
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-28-2009, 11:14 PM   #452
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Ok, this is what I would do, see if Holmgren will come in as consultant to assist Zorn. If he won't we are screwed. If he does then lets see what changes. Maybe we have a chance to salvage something.

Then at the end of the yr evaluate the situation, If nothing has changed and we have a losing yr then contact Marty Schottenheimer and bring him in as GM. Move Cerrato to handling only the contract/business side of things. Let Marty have control of player personell and assist with scouting. Bring in Brian Schottenheimer as HC (since he has done so well with the Jets) and give him the opportunity to bring in his own coach's.

Since we already have AH and he used to be in a 3-4 make the only suggestion that whoever Brian brings in we are looking to change to a 3-4 style of defense.

Brian Schottenheimer:
Brian Schottenheimer : Offensive Coordinator : Official Jets Bio : New York Jets Team News
Interesting. I agree that Brian Schottenheimer will be a head coach soon, maybe after this year. But Holmgren would never come here mid-season as a "consultant" and make changes, and we wouldn't do it either. Might as well just fire Zorn and Cerrato, b/c bringing Holmgren here and giving him power to makes changes right away totally undermines them. And then you want to bring Marty in right away if Holmgren can't right the ship after taking over mid-season? Huh?
Old 09-28-2009, 11:36 PM   #453
SBXVII
Franchise Player

^Well we are not mid season yet. We are only 3 games into it. This gives Holmgren a couple of games to evaluate talent and try to assist and a couple of games to try to adjust things prior to the break. Then he has two weeks to finalize adjustments.

Zorn is a product of Holmgren. Holmgren should understand what he's thinking and how to help him even in the play calls.

You do make a good point though, Holmgren is going to want a real job like GM or something. He will have some sort of clause in his contract about letting him go early as well I would presume.

I just don't see cutting a HC at the beginning of the season as good business. Whoever comes in is at a serious disadvantage until the team learns his system or play calls. Maybe we just ride this broken rollercoaster and hope we get a pick near the top in order to pick a decent QB. Ya know, for Schottenheimer.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:44 PM   #454
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Bring back Marty and Brian!!

Seriously, I'd love for either B Schott or Kyle Shanahan to be our "star young head coach of the future"

Speaking of the Texans, I'd keep an eye on what happens with Kubiak this off-season
Old 09-28-2009, 11:59 PM   #455
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post

Seriously, I'd love for either B Schott or Kyle Shanahan to be our "star young head coach of the future"

Speaking of the Texans, I'd keep an eye on what happens with Kubiak this off-season
I also looked into Shanahan as HC and maybe Kyle Shanahan as his OC or make father GM and son HC like I would with the Schottenheimers.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:21 AM   #456
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Hey if Marty and Brian can get us to 14-2 wining seasons I'd be happy. Then maybe Brian could help push the team over the hump and win a SB
Old 09-29-2009, 01:34 AM   #457
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:

If Schotty came back I'd personally know that Snyder's influence on the team would cease to exist.

Just what this team needs, let's do it!
Old 09-29-2009, 02:04 AM   #458
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:

Would Marty ever consider worker for Snyder again?

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:33 AM   #459
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

I think Sherman Smith made some interesting comments in video on Redskins.com.

Tell me what you guys think...
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:50 AM   #460
jamf
Pro Bowl

If we are going to bring someone back, I think it should be Charlie Casserly.

Give me Casserly as GM and President and any talented coach and I will be happy.

If I had to predict what snyder is going to do, I think he will replace Cerrato with Bruce Allen and Hire Herm Edwards as HC.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:50 AM   #461
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
1) Prepare your self for a below 500 season.
2) Know that any games won will be low scoring and ugly.
3) Pray the season can't end fast enough.
4) Watch a lot of the Capitals and hopefully Wizards.
5) Anticipate who the next coach will be.

The Wizards Blow so you can expect them to be watching the playoffs again.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:32 AM   #462
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
I think he would, but only under his terms.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:54 AM   #463
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Sure, but I really doubt it will happen. Eight years ago, Snyder wanted Marty to only coach and Marty wanted to be coach and general manager. Now Marty is more interested in only being the general manager, but I don't know that Snyder wants him to do that. I think he prefers him as a head coach.

So it's certainly possible, but I don't necessarily see it happening.

Too many rumors and names going around right now to really know for sure what's happening
Old 09-29-2009, 09:56 AM   #464
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Sure, but I really doubt it will happen. Eight years ago, Snyder wanted Marty to only coach and Marty wanted to be coach and general manager. Now Marty is more interested in only being the general manager, but I don't know that Snyder wants him to do that. I think he prefers him as a head coach.

So it's certainly possible, but I don't necessarily see it happening.

Too many rumors and names going around right now to really know for sure what's happening
Marty as GM is an interesting thought.

Depending on how this year goes do you really think Snyder would be ready to hand over the keys to a GM not named Vinny and step completely out of the way?
Old 09-29-2009, 10:11 AM   #465
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Since nothing else has worked for Dan Snyder, he'll probably think it over and decide that the only course of action left for him is to appoint himself as GM and Head Coach.

After all, shouldn't the smartest person in the organization be in charge of all football matters?

Besides, by appointing himself GM and HC, Snyder would surely one-up that egomaniac Jerry Jones. Sure, Jones made himself the GM of the Cowboys and he has a fancy new stadium but he's not the nominal Head Coach of the Cowboys, is he?

When Danny names himself Head Coach and GM, just like other legendary owners such as Paul Brown and George Halas did before him, it will not only put that arrogant bastard Jerry Jones in his place but it will be the one sure way to turn the Redskins' on-field fortunes around.

I'd like to be the first to congratulate soon-to-be legendary NFL owner Dan Snyder on his upcoming brilliant solution to all of the Redskins' problems.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote