Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Re: Super Happy Fun Thread!

Advertisements
Old 06-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #4502
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Sometimes When Things Get Really Stressful, I Close My Eyes, Sit Back, And Pretend I’m Back In Kenya

Leading the greatest country in the world is a demanding job for any one man or woman, and the responsibilities of a U.S. president, day in and day out, are at times profoundly stressful, as the past four years have taught me well. But I take great solace in the support of my family, my trusted advisors, and the fact that whenever the pressure seems unbearable, I can go be alone somewhere and just visualize myself back on the savannahs of western Kenya that I remember so well from my boyhood. I often feel overburdened by the strains of the Oval Office, but I draw great strength, confidence, and relief from my memories of that simpler time. Waking up with the sunrise, I’d help the village women forage or make clothing, and do my part to kindle the campfire. When I got older, I’d join the hunt with the men of the tribe—the day I speared my first eland and was proclaimed a man was the proudest achievement of my life prior to November of 2008.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #4503
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Old 06-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #4504
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Whether we're taking about the show or the movies, I can always sit down and watch them over and over again.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #4505
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Well played, Blackhawk fans!

The Blackhawks last gasp victory in the Stanley Cup on Monday night left the city of Chicago waking up to one hell of a hangover the following morning.

The Chicago Blackhawks won hockey's top tournament on Monday evening sparking wild celebrations

'In Chicago, 25 percent of the workforce is coming in late,' CEO John Challenger of executive outplacement firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas told CBS2.

He predicted big losses for companies.

'We see millions of dollars in productivity losses,' he said.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #4506
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #4507
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Anyone in LA participating?:

US Bank Stair Climb

Reach for the sky and climb nearly 1,700 stairs to the top of the West Coast's tallest building during the 20th Annual Stair Climb for Los Angeles! Each step you take benefits the impactful work of the Ketchum-Downtown YMCA and helps raise vital funds to support critical programs for children, teens, families and seniors in the community.

Climb up for a thrilling vertical race or step at your own pace. Just like the mission of Y programs, you will focus your energy upwards and feel a huge sense of accomplishment! Plus, you, friends and family are sure to enjoy a great day filled with climbing, music, food, firefighters and fun at the Race Expo.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #4508
over the mountain
Playmaker

http://https://encrypted-tbn1.gstati...PRSRX4ldUiCBJS[IMGhttps://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQU23aQrqzLurNdCQXi8ljtXVQevly3_ SOCFEPRSRX4ldUiCBJS][/IMG]

i actually saw this in LA years ago ...

Last edited by over the mountain; 07-02-2013 at 03:31 PM.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #4509
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Anthony Jesenik:

About a month ago some kids in my neighborhood were playing hide-and-go-seek and one of them ended up in an abandoned refrigerator. It's all anybody talked about for weeks. I said, 'Who cares? How many kids you know get to die a winner?'

And:

I think my friend Jeff is gay. I don't know -- I'm so bad with names.

And:

I've got a kid in Africa that I feed, that I clothe, that I school, that I inoculate for 75 cents a day. Which is practically nothing compared to what it cost to send him there.

And:

I've spent the past two years looking for my ex-girlfriend's killer. No one will do it.

Seeing him taping his show tonight in Hollywood. Can't wait!
Old 07-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #4510
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Someone hand this woman a contract.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #4511
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

These guys are awesome.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #4512
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 07-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #4513
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

How many surrealists does it take to screw in a light bulb? A fish: The most highbrow jokes in the world:

1. A photon checks into a hotel and the porter asks him if he has any luggage. The photon replies: “No, I’m travelling light.”

2. “Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?”

3. What does a dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac spend most of his time doing? Staying up all night wondering if there really is a dog.

4. A TCP packet walks into a bar, and says to the barman: “Hello, I’d like a beer.” The barman replies: “Hello, you’d like a beer?” “Yes,” replies the TCP packet, “I’d like a beer.”

5. An electron is driving down a motorway, and a policeman pulls him over. The policeman says: “Sir, do you realise you were travelling at 130km per hour?” The electron goes: “Oh great, now I’m lost.”

6. Pavlov is enjoying a pint in the pub. The phone rings. He jumps up and shouts: “Hell, I forgot to feed the dog!”

7. How many surrealists does it take to screw in a light bulb? A fish.

8. There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that know binary, and those that don’t.

9. When I heard that oxygen and magnesium hooked up I was like OMg.

10. The barman says: “We don’t serve faster-than-light particles here.” A tachyon enters a bar.

11. A Buddhist monk approaches a hotdog stand and says: “Make me one with everything”.

12. What do you call two crows on a branch? Attempted murder.

13. An Englishman, a Frenchman, a Spaniard and a German are walking down the street together. A juggler is performing on the street but there are so many people that the four men can’t see the juggler. So the juggler goes on top of a platform and asks: “Can you see me now?” The four men answer: “Yes.” “Oui.” “Si.” “Ja.”

14. Never trust an atom. They make up everything.

15. How many programmers does it take to change a light bulb? None, it’s a hardware problem.

16. A student travelling on a train looks up and sees Einstein sitting next to him. Excited, he asks: “Excuse me, professor. Does Boston stop at this train?”

17. Did you hear about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.

18. Werner Heisenberg, Kurt Gödel, and Noam Chomsky walk into a bar. Heisenberg turns to the other two and says: “Clearly this is a joke, but how can we figure out if it’s funny or not?” Gödel replies: “We can’t know that because we’re inside the joke.” Chomsky says: “Of course it’s funny. You’re just telling it wrong.”

19. A Roman walks into a bar, holds up two fingers, and says: “Five beers, please.”

20. Did you hear about the man who got cooled to absolute zero? He’s 0K now.

21. An infinite number of mathematicians walk into a bar. The bartender says: “What’ll it be, boys?” The first mathematician: “I’ll have one half of a beer.” The second mathematician: “I’ll have one quarter of a beer.” The third mathematician: “I’ll have one eight of a beer.” The fourth mathematician: “I’ll have one sixteenth of a…” The bartender interrupts: “Know your limits, boys” as he pours out a single beer.

22. What does the “B” in Benoit B Mandelbrot stand for? Answer: Benoit B Mandelbrot.

23. Jean-Paul Sartre is sitting at a French café, revising his draft of Being and Nothingness. He says to the waitress: “I’d like a cup of coffee, please, with no cream.” The waitress replies: “I’m sorry, Monsieur, but we’re out of cream. How about with no milk?”

24. A classics professor goes to a tailor to get his trousers mended. The tailor asks: “Euripides?” The professor replies: “Yes. Eumenides?”

25. A programmer’s wife tells him: “Run to the store and pick up a loaf of bread. If they have eggs, get a dozen.” The programmer comes home with 12 loaves of bread.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #4514
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Can't believe some newscast did this out in CA.

Wow.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:20 PM   #4515
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Can't believe some newscast did this out in CA.

Wow.
Too funny. The fact that the news anchor and station didn't catch that though is beyond me.