Redskins vs. Jaguars Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-29-2008, 02:12 PM   #436
MTK
\m/

Re: Redskins vs. Jaguars Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughtydoubter View Post
ignorance? how many qbs have we passed by?? Ramsey, ferrotte, green, brad johnson, sage rosenfels.
Im just saying cut the kid a break..no more old man collins is our savior talk..no more lets start colt right now talk. (and i love colt)
can you even imagine what it was liek for brunell to have the people of the stands booing him when he was injured and trying to fight it out? im not saying he was the greatest...but still take some pride in your starter and stand up behind him.
YES jason is young and has a ways to go
YES he has looked inconsistent in the past two preseason games
but he is our starter..love him or hate him hes the man. there is no body better out there, on our team, or on the market.
I was talking about ignorance from the fan perspective. Some people seem to think a QB develops overnight.

Advertisements
Old 08-29-2008, 02:21 PM   #437
hesscl34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I was talking about ignorance from the fan perspective. Some people seem to think a QB develops overnight.
Since when it going into season 4 considered over night? ... please...
hesscl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:23 PM   #438
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesscl34 View Post
Since when it going into season 4 considered over night? ... please...
20 starts over 3 years is not a thorough enough body of work.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:10 PM   #439
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
20 starts over 3 years is not a thorough enough body of work.
I agree with you. I am tired of people saying 4 years. Its only 20 games..Which is a 1 season plus four games and an array of different offenses to learn and unlearn as far as techniques. Why can't people get that through their heads. You learn through game experience. In game experience..is what you analyze a QB by not by when he gets drafted. WTF?
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:15 PM   #440
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
All prepare for Colt Brennan mania? It's here in full force. It's nothing new; it seems like each year the Washington faithful go through this "but....but....but the backup is better" drama/bs. I'm so tired of it. I swear, some people actually want to see JC fail.

Hey sherriff did Colt throw a TD last night?..Not. He looked better but the point is getting the ball in the end zone. Oh and I forgot he was going against Jacksonvilles first team..(sarcasm) So I agree with you also..
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
Old 08-29-2008, 03:29 PM   #441
over the mountain
Playmaker

DMV i dont think we should ignore offseason study sessions and preseason work as not part of JC's developmental curve. Alot of work goes into a season before the first regular season snap so to say he really is just a second year player is ignoring countless hours he has been coached up at the NFL level.

JC is definitely entering that part of his career where we can start to make opinions as to what kind of player we as fans think he is. The next two years are his to show us what hes got, so far I think hes been good but not great. Next year I expect him to be great.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:43 PM   #442
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
DMV i dont think we should ignore offseason study sessions and preseason work as not part of JC's developmental curve. Alot of work goes into a season before the first regular season snap so to say he really is just a second year player is ignoring countless hours he has been coached up at the NFL level.

JC is definitely entering that part of his career where we can start to make opinions as to what kind of player we as fans think he is. The next two years are his to show us what hes got, so far I think hes been good but not great. Next year I expect him to be great.
Who is ignoring offseason study? Yes his developmental curve needs to be judged against a consistent offensive scheme and coordinator. So by your assessment this is his first year. So the learning curve will be steep.

If you want to analyze his skill level. He has the assets to get the job done from an athletic stand point and obviously knows the offense just as well as anyone (including Todd Collins). But this is his first year in this offense under Zorn. He is relearning his technique. How to come from under center and other elements. You can study all you want. TC studied for years but he didn't play until he got here and JC got hurt. So studying is only half of it. You can read a book on any subject but that doesn't make you and expert. Until you apply the knowledge you have learned and hit some brick walls and learn from your mistakes. That's what makes you better. Having a little faith in him wouldn't hurt either. If people acted this way with Peyton Manning. He might not have become the QB he has become. He would be on another team by now if he started his rookie year here.

I feel there is a lot of pressure put on him here. Redskins fan are the ultimate pressure cooker. That's why we haven't had a decent QB in forever because we dont give him time to develop. If Colt got in and made some mistakes he would be treated the same way.

So patience is key and no it has not been enough time for him to fully develop because they keep switching offenses on this kid. If he had 3 years in one system and actually played atleast two under that system it would be a different story. But saying that he has worked with what he has been given. Despite the circumstances.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
Old 08-29-2008, 07:02 PM   #443
GusFrerotte

Hmmmmmmmm, in my previous posts I have alluded to that if JC doesn't cut it this season or in '09 that Brennan should be given a shot, if not sooner in '09. Sorry guys, so what if it is only 20 starts. He has had time to mature and get used to the pro game for 4 years. If he flounders this year with inconsistency, why not give Brennan a try? I am not off the JC bandwagon per say, but if JC doesn't get the job done, shouldn't we at least give Brennan some serious thought as having a chance to play?
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:16 PM   #444
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Hmmmmmmmm, in my previous posts I have alluded to that if JC doesn't cut it this season or in '09 that Brennan should be given a shot, if not sooner in '09. Sorry guys, so what if it is only 20 starts. He has had time to mature and get used to the pro game for 4 years. If he flounders this year with inconsistency, why not give Brennan a try? I am not off the JC bandwagon per say, but if JC doesn't get the job done, shouldn't we at least give Brennan some serious thought as having a chance to play?
If JC struggles mightily this year and Zorn decides he needs to go in a different direction so be it. At the end of this year JC will have 30+ starts and we'll have a much better idea where he's heading.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:20 PM   #445
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Not until he learns to throw off the proper foot and figures out how to release the ball somewhere above his shoulder level.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:21 PM   #446
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Not until he learns to throw off the proper foot and figures out how to release the ball somewhere above his shoulder level.
And he stays disciplined in the pocket and takes proper drop backs.

The kid needs a lot of work on the fundamentals.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:54 PM   #447
redskinsgirl
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
Who is ignoring offseason study? Yes his developmental curve needs to be judged against a consistent offensive scheme and coordinator. So by your assessment this is his first year. So the learning curve will be steep.

If you want to analyze his skill level. He has the assets to get the job done from an athletic stand point and obviously knows the offense just as well as anyone (including Todd Collins). But this is his first year in this offense under Zorn. He is relearning his technique. How to come from under center and other elements. You can study all you want. TC studied for years but he didn't play until he got here and JC got hurt. So studying is only half of it. You can read a book on any subject but that doesn't make you and expert. Until you apply the knowledge you have learned and hit some brick walls and learn from your mistakes. That's what makes you better. Having a little faith in him wouldn't hurt either. If people acted this way with Peyton Manning. He might not have become the QB he has become. He would be on another team by now if he started his rookie year here.

I feel there is a lot of pressure put on him here. Redskins fan are the ultimate pressure cooker. That's why we haven't had a decent QB in forever because we dont give him time to develop. If Colt got in and made some mistakes he would be treated the same way.

So patience is key and no it has not been enough time for him to fully develop because they keep switching offenses on this kid. If he had 3 years in one system and actually played atleast two under that system it would be a different story. But saying that he has worked with what he has been given. Despite the circumstances.
Good point.
One of my coworkers, who is a Cowboy, and I were talking about how the NFL doesn't give young QBs time to develop. They want a rookie QB to play on a "superbowl level" their first year in the NFL. Very few QBs can do that. I think Brennan would make the same mistakes JC has. I feel Brennan will be a good QB, but I also feel JC will be too. Yes JC has been inconsistent , but the whole team has over the past two years. Fans are fooling themselves if they think CB will be consistent his first year starting. A fan on another site made a good point. He said how is JC suppose have chemistry with his receivers when they are constantly injured. Look at some of the good QBs. Romo and Brady have great chemistry TO and Moss. The only person JC seems to have chemistry with is Chris Cooley. That is something JC and Moss really need to work on this season.

I don't think fans are going wait until JC totally learns the offense. I think skins fan will want him benched by the fifth game and replaced with Brennan.
redskinsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:27 PM   #448
over the mountain
Playmaker

Where are these people that say colt should start this year? All I read is people complaining about these" colt should start" people but where are they? Certainly not on this forum if you take out the sarcasim. Long day at work.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:24 PM   #449
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
Where are these people that say colt should start this year? All I read is people complaining about these" colt should start" people but where are they? Certainly not on this forum if you take out the sarcasim. Long day at work.

I don't think there are folks that think Colt should start now, more like if JC doesn't gel this season or next it might be time to declare the JC experiment dead in the water. Once Colt gets his mechanics down with the proper way to plant his feet while throwing, he will be pretty good. The sidearm thing isn't as much of a problem as his awkward stance.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:58 PM   #450
vallin21
The Starter

I HOPE nobody's saying colt should start. I am saying we give JC the whole season and IF he does bad then put Colt in.
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote