F 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2020, 08:53 AM   #436
davy
Impact Rookie

Wink Re: Ron Rivera Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by httr198020 View Post
I think Haskins and Young need to focus on being the best they can be for this up and coming football season. I'm disappointed that anyone on this team would support this idiotic cult-like movement. We have a bunch of America hating Marxists out here rioting, looting, vandalizing statues, and burning down buildings based on a false narrative. The last stats we have on police shooting unarmed black suspects were back in 2018. Based on those numbers only nine unarmed black people were shot by police out of 44 million. On the flip side, we have black on black crime, which contributes to on average around 7000 black deaths per year. This is by far the highest murder rate in the country. So if we get rid of all the police on black shootings it wouldn't crack a dent in the black murder rate. Now let me ask you a question. We have black on black homicide cause seven thousand murders in a year and on the other side we have police responsible for nine murders in a year. Which one is the bigger issue? One of the problems with the left-wing morons who control the black community is that they have been very successful at making very minor issues that don't make a difference into big issues, while completely ignoring the huge issues that are devastating the black community. This is why black people will remain at the bottom.

Ron Rivera doesn't deserve any credit at all for supporting the kneelers. We have plenty of cucks around the league and all on sports news doing that. If he had any real balls who would have stood up for the country instead of siding with the very people who want to destroy it. It doesn't take a lot of courage to go along with the mob.

I agree.
Very brave of you, you'll get a lot of stick for that.

Advertisements
Old 06-21-2020, 11:16 AM   #437
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Ron Rivera Thread

Quote:
I think Haskins and Young need to focus on being the best they can be for this up and coming football season. I'm disappointed that anyone on this team would support this idiotic cult-like movement. We have a bunch of America hating Marxists out here rioting, looting, vandalizing statues, and burning down buildings based on a false narrative. The last stats we have on police shooting unarmed black suspects were back in 2018. Based on those numbers only nine unarmed black people were shot by police out of 44 million. On the flip side, we have black on black crime, which contributes to on average around 7000 black deaths per year. This is by far the highest murder rate in the country. So if we get rid of all the police on black shootings it wouldn't crack a dent in the black murder rate. Now let me ask you a question. We have black on black homicide cause seven thousand murders in a year and on the other side we have police responsible for nine murders in a year. Which one is the bigger issue? One of the problems with the left-wing morons who control the black community is that they have been very successful at making very minor issues that don't make a difference into big issues, while completely ignoring the huge issues that are devastating the black community. This is why black people will remain at the bottom.

Ron Rivera doesn't deserve any credit at all for supporting the kneelers. We have plenty of cucks around the league and all on sports news doing that. If he had any real balls who would have stood up for the country instead of siding with the very people who want to destroy it. It doesn't take a lot of courage to go along with the mob.

I agree.
Easily the strongest comment I’ve read on the board in years.

Preach...right now, data and facts be damned...

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 02:31 PM   #438
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:

I agree.
This is the so far the dumbest thing I've read on this site.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 02:35 PM   #439
SunnySide
Playmaker

Httr — eat a snickers and breath man. It’s going to be okay. I heard each stadium will establish an emotional safe space for fans who feel threatened by the kneelers so they can be protected during the national anthem.

Then teams are instructed to wait for 8:49 seconds prior to kick off so the more emotionally sensitive fans amongst us have time to get back to their seats.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:17 PM   #440
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
This is the so far the dumbest thing I've read on this site.
That is because you lack the mental capacity to think rationally. I got irrefutable evidence to prove everything I said about black on black homicide and police shootings. Instead of offering a rebuttal to my valid, accurate assessment of the radical left in this country. You decided to make a weak, idiotic, baseless statement.

I][/I]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Httr — eat a snickers and breath man. It’s going to be okay. I heard each stadium will establish an emotional safe space for fans who feel threatened by the kneelers so they can be protected during the national anthem.

Then teams are instructed to wait for 8:49 seconds prior to kick off so the more emotionally sensitive fans amongst us have time to get back to their seats.
Why don't you answer my question instead of trying to be condescending? We have black on black homicide that kills thousands of black men. Police killings of unarmed blacks didn't even crack double digits. Which one is the biggest threat to black people? Which one is the more serious issue?

QUOTE=Chico23231;1253139]Easily the strongest comment I’ve read on the board in years.

Preach...right now, data and facts be damned...[/QUOTE]

I have all the data on my side. What is sad is that I can bet this guy is so brainwashed he probably believes police brutality is a bigger issue than black on black crime even though thousands of more black men die at the hands of black men than the police. Most black people are all heart and no brains. Reason and logic just don't matter.
httr198020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 04:47 PM   #441
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Well, I don’t want this to get into a political debate...and black on black violence is not really a specific thing as white on white violence occurs just because offender/victims usually know each other and usually occurs within there own communities. Violence is definitely an issue in a lot of areas in the country, and I’m not saying you are wrong and we shouldn’t have those conversations ...but the specific reason folks are on the streets are too many avoidable deaths of black people at the hands of police. And then the specific, racist incident of killing the black jogger in Georgia. I think there is common ground to say hey what happened there is wrong and we should find solutions to stop it.

I just like how you framed the mob/cancel culture bullshit which unfortunately has become the way of some to deal with some of these emotions...

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 07:22 PM   #442
SunnySide
Playmaker

“Most black people are all heart and no brains.”

I think you exposed your implied agenda there buddy.

My life tip — relax, drink a beer, worry about you and let others do them. Just my opinion. I don’t go around screaming at people and calling them fascists for not conforming their views to mine. Because that would be ... what’s the word ... fascist.
Old 06-21-2020, 09:51 PM   #443
rocnrik
Playmaker

The way I see it is simple ... treat everyone with respect .. become color blind cause we are all the same .. the culture you grow up in has a lot to do with a persons attitude .. most people are kind and when injustice is being done we need each other’s back .. I understand the cop deal I really do .. major reform is needed !! What I can’t wrap my mind around is the Anti American attitude and the whole everything offends me attitude (redskin name for example) .. is it ever gonna end ?
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 10:42 PM   #444
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I'm excited about Ron Rivera as our HC!!!

I'll talk about my real opinion in a non Redskins post.

Not calling anyone out because I just did the same thing recently. I'm as guilty as anyone else of this.

Let's get back to strictly football talk here.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 11:24 AM   #445
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Well, I don’t want this to get into a political debate...and black on black violence is not really a specific thing as white on white violence occurs just because offender/victims usually know each other and usually occurs within there own communities. Violence is definitely an issue in a lot of areas in the country, and I’m not saying you are wrong and we shouldn’t have those conversations ...but the specific reason folks are on the streets are too many avoidable deaths of black people at the hands of police. And then the specific, racist incident of killing the black jogger in Georgia. I think there is common ground to say hey what happened there is wrong and we should find solutions to stop it.

I just like how you framed the mob/cancel culture bullshit which unfortunately has become the way of some to deal with some of these emotions...
Black people murder each other at a significantly higher rate than any other group. In fact no other demographic even comes close. It's a serious issue that's been totally ignored. I lost three of my uncles, five cousins, and 11 friends to black on black crime. When my uncle was gunned down in cold blood coming home from work. My best friend Laron went to his store for his grandmother and was robbed. He refused to give the scumbags his grandmother's food and was killed because of it. The three murderers are still running around Potomac Gardens because black people think it's totally acceptable to rob and kill innocent black people, but snitching will can not be tolerated. What happen to George Floyd was murder. The officers should be punished and they are being punished. But why are people so outraged about the death of a career criminal, but not law bidding innocent blacks who's being killed in our community? For example, over the weekend in Chicago, 14 people were killled. Including a 3 year old boy was shot in the chest. What was his crime? Sitting on his gangbanger father's lap.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/06/...-hung-himself/

Where is the outrage? Where is the protest demanding justice? Why isn't anyone rioting for this innocent child who was murdered in cold blood? Where are all the BLM protesters demanding change as a result of this child's death? They can riot over a career criminal like George Floyd because a white man killed. That is the only time a black life matters. But they won't lift a finger to stand up for an innocent 3-year-old black boy who killed in cold blood because the murderer was a black gangbanging scumbag. BLM is a bunch of frauds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I'm excited about Ron Rivera as our HC!!!

I'll talk about my real opinion in a non Redskins post.

Not calling anyone out because I just did the same thing recently. I'm as guilty as anyone else of this.

Let's get back to strictly football talk here.
He's a good coach there is no doubt about that. I believe our team will be improved based solely on that. However, I'm not completely sold on him.
httr198020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:44 AM   #446
SunnySide
Playmaker

Heard Al Galdi commenting on some recent RR quotes. I caught the tail end of it on the radio but Galdi's gist was RR was basically saying the Skins can be patient year 1, they didnt have to make big splashes in FA and dont view year 1 under RR as a win now mode.

It makes perfect sense. Use year 1 to set up year 2, when we can have expectations.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:21 AM   #447
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Heard Al Galdi commenting on some recent RR quotes. I caught the tail end of it on the radio but Galdi's gist was RR was basically saying the Skins can be patient year 1, they didnt have to make big splashes in FA and dont view year 1 under RR as a win now mode.

It makes perfect sense. Use year 1 to set up year 2, when we can have expectations.
I'm fine with those expectations but the closer we get to football season with no progress on coronavirus the more I worry about postpones/cancellations.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:32 AM   #448
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm fine with those expectations but the closer we get to football season with no progress on coronavirus the more I worry about postpones/cancellations.
Yeah ... it could go many different ways at this point. Not to always be posting "I heard galdi say on the radio .. " but he and doc we talking the restart. I, like always, got in the car half way though so I dont know the report/context but a couple of things ..

- Teams may travel on game day if it allows. So skins would travel to Philly, Pitts, NY etc on game day. To avoid the hassle of trying to secure and clean hotel rooms.

- They mentioned possibly pushing kickoff back from 1 pm to allow teams to pull this off better ... if there are no fans in stands.

- Steelers for some reason they said may have fans in stands even if other teams wouldnt. I do not know the context for that comment. I guess its hot spots vs cold spots. I think there will need to be a uniform policy league wide though. Competitive balance.

----------

NHL was looking at Florida or Vegas as the 2 hub cities for their games ... but now are looking to Canada, given Florida and Vegas being hot spots. That doesnt give them much time. I wonder if the NHL timeline may be pushed back.

--------------

MLS is currently playing in the bubble in Florida that the NBA is set to use.

^^ they say this costs $65 per meal ... NBA players are not having that. Literally and figuratively.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:32 AM   #449
MTK
\m/

Well they did try to make a big splash with Cooper. That said year 1 definitely isn't win now mode but I'm sure everyone would like to see big improvements.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:37 AM   #450
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Well they did try to make a big splash with Cooper. That said year 1 definitely isn't win now mode but I'm sure everyone would like to see big improvements.
Yeah they did. I wonder if they mean like not adding pricey vets who would help in 2020 but are not long term pieces vs a young player like Cooper who would be a long term piece.

A la Earl Thomas. Good god, that contract is looking bad.