Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

How would you feel if Shanahan benches RGIII?

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #31
calia
Playmaker

Re: How would you feel if Shanahan benches RGIII?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Fine, let's sit all the starters then if we're concerned about player health.

I don't want to lose the likes of Morris, Garcon, Williams, Orakpo, etc.

Sit 'em all down.

Why did he take Shanahan 5 games and 24 sacks to finally become concerned about RG?
Better still, let's see if the league will let us forfeit the rest of the season so no one gets hurt. (It isn't as though anyone is particularly enthusiastic about watching this train wreck of a team at this point. We're going to lose out -- everyone knows it.)

OK, in all seriousness, what an incredible mess. I cannot recall a team more in disarray that this year's Redskins. Even the Buttfumble Jets have managed to salvage something of a season. Same with the Meangirls Dolphins. Detroit has about 1/3 of its active roster arrested in the last year (the ones that weren't driving while texting and eating burning pizza and crashing their SUVs), and they can at least occasionally put a watchable product on the field. (And, for all our bitching about Vinny, recall that they had Matt Millen -- the Midwest Vinny -- for a long time. Somehow, they have serious weapons on both sides of the ball.) Look at the Patriots -- the little distraction of Hernandez didn't seem to derail that team (nor has the fact that they have little running game and receivers that no one on ths site has ever heard of). But they have their 10 Ws.

I am f_ing sick of it. Nearly 40 years of being a fan, and I cannot recall being more pessimistic about the franchise.

Shanahan -- don't sit RGIII. Don't act like you give a shit now, as the playcalling (by someone over whom I suspect you have some modicum of influence) hasn't reflected great concern for his safety. Let him play and do something -- anything -- to give him a fighting chance out there. If DY is back this week, that ought to help with protection. But the game of football is going to involve the risk of some "owies" (quoth Zorn). Suck it up. Everyone. Get out there and play with a little anger -- let Atlanta feel a little of the frustration you have to be feeling right now. F_ing man up. All of you.

Advertisements
Old 12-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #32
Evilgrin
The Starter

After that press conference yesterday, where Shanahan contradicted himself several times. I'd have to say he has last his damn mind?

Redskins #2 In Revenue Per Year!
Old 12-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #33
GTripp0012
Living Legend

It would be the single most Shanahan thing he's done here. It would be the grand finale of a four year fireworks show that was not worth attending.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #34
Evilgrin
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
And tossed the OL under the bus as well.
That what I was just about to post also, lol...

Redskins #2 In Revenue Per Year!
Old 12-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #35
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I think the running game last yr covered up the fact that RGIII waits way too long for WR's to get open. You never see RGIII throw a ball anticipating a WR to be at a certain point. Its always after they have made their cuts and if they happen to then get separation. The open window in the NFL is much smaller then college and it seems RGIII does not throw into that small window for whatever reason. With the running game last year we had guys wide open so it was easy and now its not. For him to be successful he has to start anticipating the spot to throw the ball more. I say he needs the work.

I'll add is our line really that bad or do the D's know he holds the ball too long and coming after him. He never seems to check down to his hot read to slow down the rush.
Except he did check down repeatedly the first half against the Giants, and got into a nice rhythm. He needs to get better at looking off defenders. The INT that he telegraphed to D. Johnson last week should be a good learning experience.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #36
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
... OK, in all seriousness, what an incredible mess. I cannot recall a team more in disarray that this year's Redskins[.]
Except that, the disarray has really only come to the fore in the last week or so and then KA-BLAMO industrial sized sh** was hitting an industrial sized fan.

The locker room, by all accounts held together through all of this. It is only after MS started clearly mapping an exit strategy that things went to hell. It started three weeks ago with the listless showing on Monday Night followed by the loss to the Giants. Prior to that, there was a lot of the right things being said by all the right people - even if something was boiling under it all.

Houston fires Kubiak, Mike sees an exit strategy and ta-daaa ... the Man With A Plan, who exerts autocratic control over all football related matters, starts having to deal with "leaks" about his relationship with the QB, his relationship with the owner and with his feelings about last year.

This is the Mike Shanahan ego show - he is simply to brilliant for any failure to be attributed to him.

Over the last four years, I firmly believe he laid a good foundation with some solid young talent and an emphasis on character and team. Unfortunately, he can't seem to leave without doing his best to undo the good he did.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #37
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Trent Williams and Robert Griffin are a nice foundation for the future because it's expensive to find players at those positions, let alone good, young players. Certainly beats Jason Campbell and Stephon Heyer.

The difference of course is that in 2010 we had a mostly complete defensive unit and the ability to invest on offense immediately in order to win. The defensive end of the ball is now going to be a complete rebuild.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #38
irish
Playmaker

Too late. RG3 should have been benched in weeks 1-4 but instead he did his all in for week 1 thing and Shanny let it happen when he should have been putting the brakes on it. I'm fine with RG3 playing now so he can get more reps in live game action since there's nothing to lose by playing him.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:22 PM   #39
mbedner3420
The Starter

Daniel Snyder won’t intervene in Redskins’ quarterback decision

Well this is big news
Old 12-10-2013, 01:41 PM   #40
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
I'm sure he'd like to but his hands are tied. He comes off as the bad guy if he steps in.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #41
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilgrin View Post
After that press conference yesterday, where Shanahan contradicted himself several times. I'd have to say he has last his damn mind?
That tends to happen when you are lying. Can't keep the stories straight.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #42
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Trent Williams and Robert Griffin are a nice foundation for the future because it's expensive to find players at those positions, let alone good, young players. Certainly beats Jason Campbell and Stephon Heyer.

The difference of course is that in 2010 we had a mostly complete defensive unit and the ability to invest on offense immediately in order to win. The defensive end of the ball is now going to be a complete rebuild.
Jason Campbell is playing some pretty damn good ball and seems to have several good years left in the NFL.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #43
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Jason Campbell is playing some pretty damn good ball and seems to have several good years left in the NFL.
He is and its good for him.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #44
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
that Cleveland team is going places

He Gets Us
Old 12-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #45
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post

Perhaps he won't intervene with that decision, but that doesn't mean he won't decide to allow someone else finish the season as the head coach.
Closed Thread