Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #31
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Around the NFL Offseason 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
In all fairness, how did they know he was going to be in this situation 4 years after drafting him? I mean Murder is a pretty hard thing to predict for someone
The same thing can be said of the Vinny Cerrato-Redskins, the Bengals, the Raiders, and any other team that has drafted a guy with issues...but no one ever gave these teams the benefit of the doubt (although their dysfunctional front office did not help).

Although this case makes me think a little bit of the Colts and Marvin Harrison: Sources: FBI joins probe of Marvin Harrison gun case - ESPN
R.I.P. #21

Advertisements
Old 07-01-2013, 05:56 PM   #32
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Bill Belichick, Robert Kraft should have known better in Aaron Hernandez situation - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

Leaving bias aside, I think this article makes a good point. Everyone is quick to put down a team like the Redskins, the Bengals, or the Raiders when they sign players with questionable character; yet the Pats seem to get a pass on the Hernandez situation. Plain and simple, the Patriots f'ed up big time as an organization. Lucky for them, they won't get as much crap from the media and the public as these other organizations would.
I think NE gets a pass cause they win double digit games every single year. The Skins, Raiders and Benglas did not. That's the difference, plain and simple.

Also they drafted Hernandez in the 4th round. This wasn't a big lavish free agent spending, where Kraft is flying all over the county chasing free agents. They drafted him and he earned the raise on the field. Are they suppose to follow him around when he leaves the practice facility? I see nothing wrong with what New England did here. Nothing at all...
Old 07-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #33
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Belicheat and the FO need to face the public and answer questions. None of this stonewalling. Why draft a guy with questionable character concerns and then give him a 40 million dollar extention?
Again..Hernandez earned that contract with his play. He was suppose to be drafted in the 1st or 2nd round but fell because of his character. It was a good risk simply because he wasn't drafted where he was suppose to be drafted.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #34
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Bill Belichick, Robert Kraft should have known better in Aaron Hernandez situation - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

Leaving bias aside, I think this article makes a good point. Everyone is quick to put down a team like the Redskins, the Bengals, or the Raiders when they sign players with questionable character; yet the Pats seem to get a pass on the Hernandez situation. Plain and simple, the Patriots f'ed up big time as an organization. Lucky for them, they won't get as much crap from the media and the public as these other organizations would.
It's a idiotic article to say the least, and I wasn't shocked to see Whitlock's name as the author. He's curious to know what the NE security team found out about AH the past three years? Is he joking? Nobody has heard a peep about AH the past three years except for what he's done of the football field, why on earth would their security team be digging into their players lives if it isn't called for? Does their security team follow Tom Brady around? Mayo? Wilfork? SO exactly would they be with Hernandez? Because he had some trouble in college?

He's kept a very low profile and has been a hard worker for the Pats. There really is no blame on the Patriots here. The blame resides squarely on the player. Besides, it's not like they invested a high draft pick for the kid, they used a 4th round and gave him a contract for busting his ass and keeping his nose clean.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 07-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #35
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
The same thing can be said of the Vinny Cerrato-Redskins, the Bengals, the Raiders, and any other team that has drafted a guy with issues...but no one ever gave these teams the benefit of the doubt (although their dysfunctional front office did not help).
The problem with this is, those teams held onto the trouble players after they got into trouble. Also, gambling on a trouble player is one thing, gambling on several players (at one time) with trouble issues is entirely something else. It's like investing in the stock market. Your investment guy asks you what type of risk you want to go with. (low/medium/high) If you invest in a bunch of high, it's expected that you'll more often or not will fall flat on your face. (as noted by Cincinnati, Vinny,etc)

Vinny was a ****ing dumbass. He liked to gamble with a lot of high risks players. You can't risk it all on a bunch of players with issues and expect good things to happen.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 07-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #36
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Arrest records of teams/positions/divisions since 2000.

NFL Arrests Charts - Business Insider
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 07-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #37
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I wonder if everyone was on board with cutting Hernandez, including the sith lord. something in my mind says no

He Gets Us
Old 07-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #38
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I wonder if everyone was on board with cutting Hernandez, including the sith lord. something in my mind says no
I believe they were all on board with cutting him when he was charged with murder. I do not believe they would have cut him had he just been arrested for obstruction of justice, regardless of what they say. They claim they had decided last week to cut him. If that were the case, they wouldn't have waited until he was arrested and they got a scoop on the charges.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:50 PM   #39
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
It's a idiotic article to say the least, and I wasn't shocked to see Whitlock's name as the author. He's curious to know what the NE security team found out about AH the past three years? Is he joking? Nobody has heard a peep about AH the past three years except for what he's done of the football field, why on earth would their security team be digging into their players lives if it isn't called for? Does their security team follow Tom Brady around? Mayo? Wilfork? SO exactly would they be with Hernandez? Because he had some trouble in college?

He's kept a very low profile and has been a hard worker for the Pats. There really is no blame on the Patriots here. The blame resides squarely on the player. Besides, it's not like they invested a high draft pick for the kid, they used a 4th round and gave him a contract for busting his ass and keeping his nose clean.
The Pats are lauded for being good about keeping tabs on their players and being a "model" in terms of team discipline. I know people around her LOVE the Patriots, but is not like Hernandez was some genius criminal that kept everything under wraps. I am not going to go as far and say what Whitlock is saying, but like I said, because people LOVE the Pats so much, they will go through this without any criticism. Luckily for them they only lose $7 mil.
R.I.P. #21
Old 07-02-2013, 12:05 AM   #40
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
The Pats are lauded for being good about keeping tabs on their players and being a "model" in terms of team discipline. I know people around her LOVE the Patriots, but is not like Hernandez was some genius criminal that kept everything under wraps. I am not going to go as far and say what Whitlock is saying, but like I said, because people LOVE the Pats so much, they will go through this without any criticism. Luckily for them they only lose $7 mil.
How much did we lose when Sean Taylor passed away? I thought the league still gave us a salary cap hit from his contract when he passed.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:33 AM   #41
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Sheriff: Aaron Hernandez denies being in gang | Boston Herald
Old 07-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #42
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post

That's an insult to idiotic articles, this one was so far beyond idiotic
Old 07-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #43
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Switching from the Pats love fest, here's an article on our nemesis. Personally, I think age and the switch to DE will slow down D. Ware. Hell, he was hobbling up and getting juked left and right by RG3 in last year's week 17 game.

NFL - How to stop DeMarcus Ware - ESPN
R.I.P. #21
Old 07-02-2013, 09:35 AM   #44
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Greatest Uniform in NFL History

PRETTY COOL, SKINS ARE A 2ND SEED
Old 07-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #45
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
arrest records of teams/positions/divisions since 2000.

nfl arrests charts - business insider

good find, glad we r pretty low
Closed Thread