Thoughts on the NFL

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #31
SirLK26
The Starter

Re: Thoughts on the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
When did he complain about the playbook or voice his displeasure about too many meetings?
This is my bad. I should have checked my sources before I posted that, and made sure I was 100% right. I heard this from a guy on another Redskins board, and I took it as fact. In his words,
Quote:
He seems really defensive when he's interviewed. He was very surprised about all of the meetings he had to attend during the OTAs. He also mentioned that the playbook is very complicated and it is the coaching staff's responsibility to "coach him up". That doesn't sound to me like he is used to taking personal initiative. He was benched at Florida several times for having attitude problems. Maybe its a "me first" thing, or maybe he has problems with authority.
He posted basically the same thing twice, but said he couldn't find the video in which Reed was interviewed.

I'll search for it.
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #32
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I see nothing wrong with Reed's comments

Redskins sign draft pick Jordan Reed | Comcast SportsNet Washington
Old 07-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #33
SirLK26
The Starter

I don't think this is the video he was talking about, but I couldn't find any video in which Reed said anything harmful or any thing that would be cause for concern. Reed's "attitude problem" is probably nothing at all.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #34
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post

good video, thanks ss
Old 07-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #35
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
Post your thoughts or musings on the NFL, the Redskins, or football in general. Hopefully, this will give us something to discuss during this slow offseason. If this thread is too similar to the "It Remains to be Seen" thread, please delete it, mods. I'm not expecting anybody to answer all of these; just some things to think about.

1. Cincinnati and Houston will play for the AFC championship.

2. The Redskins will finish the regular season at 11-5.

3. Will people ever become so obsessed with safety in football that it will eventually be outlawed or look nothing like the current product?

4. D.J. Hayden will perform the best of all the rookies and will easily make the Pro Bowl.

5. What are the chances that in 10 years the Redskins will have a different name?

6. If you could choose one offensive player, one defensive player, and one special team player to build a long-term team around, who would they be?

7. Which player in the NFL will suffer a career-ending injury this season?

8. I don't think the 49ers are the real deal. I think their success will be over in a year or two.

9. Did any of you play college football? Are any of you closely related to an NFL player?

10. If you could change one thing in the NFL, what would it be?
I don't think there is anything wrong with what the league is doing in terms of safety. I believe not long after the birth of football, passing was implemented for safety reasons. So the game has been evolving ever since its beginnings, and will continue to evolve.

In the end, the owners are the ones that empower the Commish to make these changes. I highly doubt that they would do anything to drastically affect the game to the point where it would lose its popularity. I don't know much about boxing, but I don't think it has change that much and look where it stands in terms of popularity.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #36
SOUL-SKINS
Impact Rookie

Wink Re: Thoughts on the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Hard to beat yourself
I've watched numerous games where we have beaten ourselves
Old 07-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #37
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUL-SKINS View Post
I've watched numerous games where we have beaten ourselves
and still won the sb?
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #38
SirLK26
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I don't think there is anything wrong with what the league is doing in terms of safety. I believe not long after the birth of football, passing was implemented for safety reasons. So the game has been evolving ever since its beginnings, and will continue to evolve.

In the end, the owners are the ones that empower the Commish to make these changes. I highly doubt that they would do anything to drastically affect the game to the point where it would lose its popularity. I don't know much about boxing, but I don't think it has change that much and look where it stands in terms of popularity.
I hope you're right, Ruhskins. But the league has steadily gotten safer and safer and eventually it might be too safe. I hope the NFL never degrades far enough that injuries are completely gone. That might sound a bit cynical, but there should always be an element of danger involved in football, in my opinion. Football players playing through injury have provided some of the most inspiring moments in sports.

Quote:
6. If you could choose one offensive player, one defensive player, and one special team player to build a long-term team around, who would they be?
What about this question? Who would you all choose?
Old 07-01-2013, 04:31 PM   #39
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
I hope you're right, Ruhskins. But the league has steadily gotten safer and safer and eventually it might be too safe. I hope the NFL never degrades far enough that injuries are completely gone. That might sound a bit cynical, but there should always be an element of danger involved in football, in my opinion. Football players playing through injury have provided some of the most inspiring moments in sports.
So a player breaking a leg or tearing every ligament in their knee doesn't count as dangerous injury? I think that given the speed of the game, it is not possible to make the game 100% safe. However, that shouldn't stop the league from preventing morons like James Harrison from tackling players head first.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:36 PM   #40
SirLK26
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
So a player breaking a leg or tearing every ligament in their knee doesn't count as dangerous injury? I think that given the speed of the game, it is not possible to make the game 100% safe. However, that shouldn't stop the league from preventing morons like James Harrison from tackling players head first.
I know the NFL still has dangerous injuries. I'm saying I hope the NFL never degrades far enough that the element of danger is taken out. And yes, I agree with you about head hits. I would be very happy if concussions would be completely eliminated.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #41
scowan
The Starter

Quote:
I know the NFL still has dangerous injuries. I'm saying I hope the NFL never degrades far enough that the element of danger is taken out. And yes, I agree with you about head hits. I would be very happy if concussions would be completely eliminated.
If you have running and contact you will always have injuries. Heck, didn't Fred Davis blow his Achilles just running into the end zone last year, no contact? Guys can run down the field and and pull hammys and groins, just ask Miles Austin. He is the poster boy for non contact leg injuries. dude is awesome but can't stay on the field.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote