Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Who's your breakout candidate for 2013?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #1
Skinzman
The Starter

Re: Who's your breakout candidate for 2013?

Hankerson needs to solve his T-Rex problem before he can be considered as having made a breakthrough. We wont be able to see that until the games are being played. Thats not something that shows up in OTA's.

Receivers will always hear footsteps, the great ones dont react any differently when they hear them compared to practice where there are none. Im still a doubter of Hankerson. I hope he does develop into an elite receiver, I just dont believe it will happen.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
Hankerson needs to solve his T-Rex problem before he can be considered as having made a breakthrough. We wont be able to see that until the games are being played. Thats not something that shows up in OTA's.

Receivers will always hear footsteps, the great ones dont react any differently when they hear them compared to practice where there are none. Im still a doubter of Hankerson. I hope he does develop into an elite receiver, I just dont believe it will happen.
Hankerson has had an occasional case of alligator arms and we all know it. Catching the ball in traffic is an area that he needs to improve regardless of what his drop stats may say. I'll trust my own eyes on that point.

Hankerson has tons of talent but he also has a reputation as a poor worker. Anybody can work hard. There is no excuse for wasting talent due to poor work habits.

As a Redskins fan, I hope he works hard from now on and excels as a Redskin. But if he chooses to half-ass his way through a mediocre NFL career, I'd prefer to see him do it on another team.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #3
SirLK26
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Hankerson has had an occasional case of alligator arms and we all know it. Catching the ball in traffic is an area that he needs to improve regardless of what his drop stats may say. I'll trust my own eyes on that point.

Hankerson has tons of talent but he also has a reputation as a poor worker. Anybody can work hard. There is no excuse for wasting talent due to poor work habits.

As a Redskins fan, I hope he works hard from now on and excels as a Redskin. But if he chooses to half-ass his way through a mediocre NFL career, I'd prefer to see him do it on another team.
Yeah, we can all agree that he's not very polished yet. But don't worry, I have faith he will be vastly improved next year.
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
Yeah, we can all agree that he's not very polished yet. But don't worry, I have faith he will be vastly improved next year.
Don't you mean this year.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #5
Meks
Pro Bowl

i expect a big year for Moss in the slot, after a great year last year minus the fumble vs. Gnats lol
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #6
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

A tear came to my eye. you had me at alike, you had me at alike (I know it's meant to be HELLO).
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #7
Big C
Mr. Brightside

I think David Amerson could make a nice impact this year. Dude gets lots of interceptions
Old 07-02-2013, 11:45 PM   #8
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
I think David Amerson could make a nice impact this year. Dude gets lots of interceptions
He also gets burned a lot. Think of him as a taller DHall.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #9
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

He got burned a lot one year. How soon people forget how well he played his entire career except that one year.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #10
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

I'm not sure if any of the rookies qualify as a 'breakout' candidate.. I'm thinking more along the lines of someone who has been on the roster but takes a significant step as a 'breakout' player..

Offensively, I'd lean towards Hankerson or Robinson at WR. Hankerson has never had a 'normal' offseason between the lockout and the rehab, this year he's had full OTA's and hopefully a full camp. If he solves his gator arms and ups his work ethic, he's got the talent to shine. Robinson needs to show consistency in catching the ball but he could be a really valuable weapon taking the top off of defenses.

Defensively, I'm looking for Jenkins to fulfill the pre-injury promise of his rookie camp. He was sounding like a star in the making at DE and entering camp as the starter, hopefully he takes a leap. Also, if Riley develops a little better in coverage and getting home on the blitz, he could elevate to near Pro-Bowl status next to Fletcher. He plays fast and is almost always around the ball.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote