Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Pat White or Sexxy Rexy

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-26-2013, 07:57 AM   #31
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: Pat White or Sexxy Rexy

Your on. I will expect payment in unmarked blue 50's.

Advertisements
Old 06-26-2013, 09:00 AM   #32
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Personally all White would have to do is show he somewhat understands the playbook, shows he can connect down field more then once in a game, and show he's mobile and can run the spread offense.

I picture Grossman gone after preseason.
I believe Grossman will stick around if only to continue being a mentor for RGIII. Plus Pat White was all but done with football until the Skins called. I have a hard time believing he can fix all of his issues (mainly accuracy) in time to beat out a long time vet for a roster spot.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #33
dmek25
MVP

i guess this is the answer...neither

If RG3 is healthy, Rex Grossman may not make Redskins’ roster | ProFootballTalk
Old 06-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #34
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
Yeah I agree with this. I had only 2 QBs making the final roster. I think that if RG3 goes down, we put in Cousins and sign Rex back, because theres really no teams in the NFL that want Rex now. And our 'emergency' QB will probably be Jordan Reed who played a little bit of QB at Florida.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #35
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
Could happen.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #36
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Yeah I agree with this. I had only 2 QBs making the final roster. I think that if RG3 goes down, we put in Cousins and sign Rex back, because theres really no teams in the NFL that want Rex now. And our 'emergency' QB will probably be Jordan Reed who played a little bit of QB at Florida.
Or place a call to the Rypien house...

Old 06-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #37
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

I don't know why they wouldn't just make Grossman a "consultant" or something, and have him on the staff as a coach (Pending both RG3 and Cousins are healthy), and then if something happens they can sign him.

Grossman has been through a lot in the league, and I don't think it's a bad idea to have him around the two young guys for at least another season.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #38
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I believe Grossman will stick around if only to continue being a mentor for RGIII. Plus Pat White was all but done with football until the Skins called. I have a hard time believing he can fix all of his issues (mainly accuracy) in time to beat out a long time vet for a roster spot.
Everyone is quick to point out that he was out of the league for 2 years but fail to point out he has gone to work out with the QB Guru in Cali. All the top named QBs out of college go to him to work out prior to the combine. He was working on technique and accuracy.

Another issue is what system did he come from and what system was he asked to work in straight from college? Miami's system period sucked I think. I'm thinking White will do well in our system since it favors his skills which is to roll out options.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #39
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

If cut Rex might not want to retire, a team might take him just to learn our playbook.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #40
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Everyone is quick to point out that he was out of the league for 2 years but fail to point out he has gone to work out with the QB Guru in Cali. All the top named QBs out of college go to him to work out prior to the combine. He was working on technique and accuracy.

Another issue is what system did he come from and what system was he asked to work in straight from college? Miami's system period sucked I think. I'm thinking White will do well in our system since it favors his skills which is to roll out options.
Plenty of guys work out with "gurus", especially guys trying to make last ditch efforts to save their careers.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #41
skinsnut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
If cut Rex might not want to retire, a team might take him just to learn our playbook.
This could be true.
I remember the Giants did this when we cut someone several years back. I think it was because we our season opener was against them. During the season, teams would be unlikely to take up a roster spot just to sign White or Rex to learn our playbook.

If I were the Skins...i'd release them very early or very late to protect against this risk. I see only the Eagles as a team that would be interested in this. But since they have such a QB controversy...I doubt they would do it...because no team would ever admit to sign a QB for preseason only to spy a playbook.

Other early opponents are GB, Lions, Raiders.
I don't think they'd do it either since they have tape.

The team to spy would be the Eagles since they have a new offense...if I were the Skins GM...I would pick up an early Eagle's offensive cut...hopefully a QB or WR.

Remember, Coughlin did this to us and won 2 SBs with the Giants...he is a clever coach. Shanny is no dummy but I don't know if he has ever done this in his years. Anyone know?

It is arguable that Zorn did this to the GMen too.
Coughlin suspects Redskins' motives after signing ex-Giants QB Woodson - NFL.com

And Arrington in 06 apparently gave Coughlin the Redskins Playbook
"He said he even gave a copy of the Redskins' playbook to Giants Coach Tom Coughlin."
Giants' Arrington Gets in the Mood

Last edited by skinsnut; 06-26-2013 at 09:27 PM.
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:29 AM   #42
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
All he made last year was around a million, would that be a bad salary to absorb into the coaching staff.

Of course Grossman didn't even get a sniff this offseason or last. So he could be done and brought on as a coach so he had a job. Of course he said he made plenty of money sometime in either this offseason or last so he may not want a career in football anymore.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #43
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Wow, Can't understand why I'm considered ignorant? or the discussion? This is what this website is all about isn't it? people discussing their opinions, sharing news, and just talking? Now if your opinion is not the popular one threads get closed. Hmmm.

So I've come here to the very thread the discussion was started for.

If you don't want talk or read about it.... don't come right?

I find it amazing how I show stats and prove PW has a better passer rating this preseason 57% to RG1 53% and for whatever reason people are still saying RG1 is a better passer. Ok.

Yes RG1 did lead a team to the Super Bowl. Congrats to him, so tell me what he has done lately? over the last 2 yrs? Maybe, just maybe PW was in the wrong scheme in Miami and that is why he failed. Maybe now that he is in a similar offense he used in college and soared, just maybe he will shine. Plus he's not older then dirt.

I'm really suprised people are even talking about RG1's throwing ability. Isn't that what led to McNabb and us taking RG3 in the draft? Look RG1 might be able to pass but he throws to the wrong people too often.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #44
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Pat White cannot get the ball downfield. Pat White cannot run through progressions. Pat White requires the offense to be limited to a run-option game with a single receiver patterns. He has a 3.8 yard/attempt ratio in preseason against scrubs!!

The Shanahan offense IS NOT THE COLLEGE OPTION THAT WHITE RAN IN COLLEGE!!!
You keep making this assertion and it is wrong, wrong, wrong. It is the very reason I posted the article in the other thread.

Yes - Your continued assertion that White is an NFL caliber QB at any roster depth is ignorant. I say that with all kindness and respect to you as a person.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #45
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Rex would have to basically die to lose his roster spot to Pat White
End thread.