Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 08:40 PM   #31
mbedner3420
The Starter

Re: Donovan McNabb's comments in the Washington Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
McNabb has become unbearable since leaving Washington. I don't know if I'm bias because of how things ended with him here but I just can't stand him.

It was bad enough that he failed when he was here in DC, but now that he's working for NFL Network I've lost one of my favorite shows in NFC playbook. Whats next Donny? Are you going to get a regular role on The Big Bang Theory? Ruin that show for me too?
The characters, premise, and writing should have already ruined that show for you...

Advertisements
Old 06-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #32
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
This thread <
Offseason, not much to talk about, and this article really bothered me all the way around. Needed a place to vent. Plus the comments section of the article me nuts as well...
Old 06-01-2013, 10:28 PM   #33
Gtothearry
The Starter

Donovan McNabb's comments in the Washington Post

Why does RGIII need to force friends? I think his family will take care of him just like they have all through the years.

To many ppl want contact with RGIII. Stick with who he has known since childhood. They seem to have done a great job so far.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #34
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
The characters, premise, and writing should have already ruined that show for you...
15 million viewers on average for the most recent season disagree.

Okay well lets see what else McNabb could do that everyone can agree on......

McNabb signs with ESPN to be an anchor on Sportscenter. After which he joins SVP and Russilo changing the shows name to McNabb and two other white guys.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 06-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #35
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtothearry View Post
Why does RGIII need to force friends? I think his family will take care of him just like they have all through the years.

To many ppl want contact with RGIII. Stick with who he has known since childhood. They seem to have done a great job so far.
Agreed, besides if he needs someone to mentor him about the ways of life in The nfl he can always reach out to Micheal Vick...... Oh wait..
Old 06-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #36
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:23 AM   #37
mbedner3420
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
15 million viewers on average for the most recent season disagree.

Okay well lets see what else McNabb could do that everyone can agree on......

McNabb signs with ESPN to be an anchor on Sportscenter. After which he joins SVP and Russilo changing the shows name to McNabb and two other white guys.
I have to say, the shows popularity confuses the hell out of me. I don't find it to be a good show in the least.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #38
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

After ceaseless crunching of numbers, exhaustive research, giving careful consideration to playing career and his contributions to the game of Football, I have come to the only logical conclusion that DM is a...Dick
Old 06-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #39
The Goat
Pro Bowl

I don't get the hate for NcNabb at all. It says more about the low character of those making negative comments about him than anything else per se. He was highly respected by coaches and players for nearly his entire career. He came to Washington on the decline, didn't fit the system and didn't get along with Mike Shanahan. When you look at the two men, Mike's had "interpersonal issues" with far more players and coaches than McNabb ever did. Mike doesn't seem to get along with a lot of people, going through D coordinators in Denver like crazy and having past players dislike him strongly.

That said, it's not really clear what McNabb has in mind to say to RG3?? If it's about protecting himself from being a runner, I think RG2's comments got the point across. If it's about RG3 focusing on leadership over stardom, McNabb might be able to lend some wisdom. It's a valid concern. RG3 needs to spend as much time with his teammates as possible, hard to do that when you're jet-setting to celeb events everywhere.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #40
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
I don't get the hate for NcNabb at all. It says more about the low character of those making negative comments about him than anything else per se. He was highly respected by coaches and players for nearly his entire career. He came to Washington on the decline, didn't fit the system and didn't get along with Mike Shanahan. When you look at the two men, Mike's had "interpersonal issues" with far more players and coaches than McNabb ever did. Mike doesn't seem to get along with a lot of people, going through D coordinators in Denver like crazy and having past players dislike him strongly.

That said, it's not really clear what McNabb has in mind to say to RG3?? If it's about protecting himself from being a runner, I think RG2's comments got the point across. If it's about RG3 focusing on leadership over stardom, McNabb might be able to lend some wisdom. It's a valid concern. RG3 needs to spend as much time with his teammates as possible, hard to do that when you're jet-setting to celeb events everywhere.
When you show up in a new town and pretty much tell every single person on the team that you have no intention of working for a common goal, that pretty much tells me all I need to know about him.

The one person who respected him, Andy Reid, traded him within the division. Which in sports, is one of the biggest shows of disrespect that one can get. No way he comes to Washington if Reid thinks there is something left in the tank. He was sent from Philly with almost everyone of his team mates and an entire city not even caring enough to say goodbye. They all said good riddens.

He then took that hatred to the TV side of things only to have to backtrack on pretty much everything he said. But when he backtracked, he acted like he was always right to begin with, and took more shots that werent necessary.

Tom Coughlin, they wanted him gone, players hated him. 2 SB's later, hes a lovely guy. Same with Bill Parcells. Every coach that is deemed a disciplinarian has the same things said about them. Players hate them until they win the big one, and then players say they are great coaches. You put a ring on someones finger, and the things said tend to different.

Whether I have high character or low character or intermediate character or any other form of character or non character doesnt change the fact that McNabb is a tool and a cancer that doesnt need to be associated with RG3. If McNabb wants to talk about leadership, unless he is talking to a 5 year old, he would be on the receiving end of it, not giving the advice.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #41
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I really wish there was something interesting to discuss right now besides this. I haven't even read McNabb's comments on RG3, mainly because I don't care what he thinks about RG3.

Also, just a quick question Goat, kinda semi-related to the subject at hand. Is there a single topic at all concerning the Redskins that you have ever just agreed with everybody else about? At some point it's started to feel like you just play devil's advocate because it's your "role" so to speak.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #42
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post

Plenty of McNabb's teammates liked TO better as a teammate.

McNabb never dealt with his team and fans as well as RG3 already has. His comments about Griffin sound bitter and kinda... clueless? He also demonstrated how to be a bad passive-aggressive team mate while he was here. And McNabb trashed Shanahan about RG3 before RG3 arrived here.

It's too bad McNabb never had someone like RG3 to talk to, when McNabb was a rookie.

But to suggest McNabb has anything constructive to tell RG3, while he's criticizing RG3 now for things like Griffin's classy handling of the fans' wedding gifts, is a joke.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:58 PM   #43
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Hey Tiger....John here.......Ehrrr John Daly dude! Just wanted to lay some info on you about Memorial.......
Old 06-03-2013, 12:55 AM   #44
FRPLG
MVP

McNabb's only real sin is and has been that he doesn't know when to shut up. He's certainly isn't a bad guy as evidenced by the respect he supposedly has...although I'm not sure I recall everyone tripping over each other to defend the guy much. He has had similar issues in the past...even in Philly. Remember the meltdowns with TO. Crazy as he was he didn't seem to fight with individual players in the media other than McNabb.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #45
MTK
\m/

If McNabb really cared about reaching out to RG3 as a friend he wouldn't be blabbing about this to the media.