Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Russel Wilson or Bob

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #31
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Re: Russel Wilson or Bob

We're on the verge of winning the division for the first time since dirt was born and someone wants to second guess our QB pick in the last draft?

Advertisements
Old 12-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #32
FRPLG
MVP

One of the biggest issues we have on defense since he's been out is that we can't generate pressure out of four man rushes...how does getting rid of our best pass rusher help that? Jackson IS NOT better at that. I'd be shocked to learn anyone felt he was.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #33
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
We're on the verge of winning the division for the first time since dirt was born and someone wants to second guess our QB pick in the last draft?
lol, Like TO Killa said, Id gladly give up another first round pick for RG3

He Gets Us
Old 12-17-2012, 11:01 AM   #34
RGIII

There's no comparison. It should be Wilson or Cousins! If the Skins do play SEA in the playoffs, I'm inclined to think RGIII would make SEA's Richard Sherman eat his words that Wilson is better than RGIII!
Old 12-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #35
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Bob
Old 12-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #36
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Sir, you may need to get in the film room. Jackson is pretty good and seems to be getting better by experience.
I know that Orakpo can get to the QB more than Rob Jackson. Rob Jackson is better in pass coverage than Orakpo, thats it.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #37
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Honestly I'm not even concerned about RG3's ability to transition over time to a pocket passer.

That said, for the next few years his legs will remain a huge weapon and he should still use them when needed. We've already seen the designed runs drastically cut down and he's been much smarter about getting out of bounds. He's only running a handful of times per game now mostly on scrambles when the pocket breaks down.
That's true but he's already been hurt twice now running out of the pocket. We were very fortunate that he didn't have a devestating knee injury last week. With his style of play we're going to need a quality back up.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #38
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Stop calling RG3 Bob! That is so played out now.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #39
Southpaw
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Sir, you may need to get in the film room. Jackson is pretty good and seems to be getting better by experience.
The loss of Orakpo(the primary pass rusher by a wide margin) has basically crippled the overall pass defense. Rob Jackson is a solid depth player, with a nose for the football. Why is this even a discussion? Additionally, why are so many fans willing to get rid of Orakpo? You'd think the that lack of any legitimate pass rush this season would go to prove how important he is.

Also, Bob. If Griffin had the luxury of Seattle's defense and special teams, we'd be talking Superbowl.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:10 PM   #40
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Stop calling RG3 Bob! That is so played out now.
Really because RGII seems to be pretty well played...When I say RG3 I expect to see R2D2's cousin.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #41
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I understand the question, the comparative cost in hindsight is significant. HOWEVER, at the point of the draft, you would have been gambling this franchise's future for a 5'10 running qb. Shanahan may have been run out of town before the season started, and Wilson never would have gotten the chance to start. Add in the fact that he mainly won in a domed stadium with maybe the best homefield advantage in sports, and lost on the road, we would right now be in the midst of a coaching hunt. And that's before ST/Defense comes in as a factor. Finally, Griffin has held up and flourished under the media scrutiny that this town brings, I don't know how Wilson has done in Seattle, or how he would have done here, but again, I don't think it's a guarantee he succeeds at it like Griffin has.

(to Redskins4Ever: Bob will never be worn out. I dream of the Superbowl trophy being raised, and Danny saying "This one's for Bob", only he doesn't have to wait as long as John did )
Old 12-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #42
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
That's true but he's already been hurt twice now running out of the pocket. We were very fortunate that he didn't have a devestating knee injury last week. With his style of play we're going to need a quality back up.
Check.

See yesterday.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #43
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Really because RGII seems to be pretty well played...When I say RG3 I expect to see R2D2's cousin.

there is a poster on cowboyszone.com that refers to Griffin as R2D2. I don't get the reference.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #44
The Goat
Pro Bowl

It's a pretty interesting question. I think if you limit the decision factors to draft picks (traded) and stats it's not crazy to wonder if Wilson would have been the better "deal." When you consider the intangibles it could be a totally different story though. I don't know much about Wilson, but I do know any QB in DC is under intense pressure/limelight and RG has shown extraordinary maturity and character. Wilson may be a real solid dude, but how do you know whether he could handle DC? DC after being sent out to catch a pass against Ryan Clark? DC with a 3-6 record and concern mounting about regime etc?

Wilson, by comparison, has had it pretty easy. Better defense. Better coaching IMO (yeah, I realize everyone disagrees and feel free to post a million face palms, I don't care). Just no telling how he would have held up here. RG's intangibles are as impressive as his stats, and I think Mike and the braintrust recognized that early on.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #45
los panda
Pro Bowl

griff = 1st in the division
wilson = ?

the only player clearly on his last leg is fletcher, everyone else can make it past the cap penalties and the lack of 1st round picks.
soon enough, people will stop questioning the griff trade