Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Don't Be Fooled by the Balls That I Caught, I'm Still Joshua with the Blocks

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-14-2012, 10:08 PM   #31
imaskin4life
Special Teams

Re: Don't Be Fooled by the Balls That I Caught, I'm Still Joshua with the Blocks

He showed great PRESENCE on the block not to throw a block into the defender's back when the defender was turned around. He set the screen and waited for the defender to turn back around before throwing the block. There are players that are not present enough to make that play in the moment and will throw that block into the defender's back. If he does that, no TD and more "cut Morgan" posts.

The replay of his block is at 48 seconds

RG3 76 Yard TD Run Against Vikings 10/14/2012 - YouTube
imaskin4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-15-2012, 08:33 AM   #32
30gut
Playmaker

Re: Don't Be Fooled by the Balls That I Caught, I'm Still Joshua with the Blocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
I think Moss perceived lack of production is due to the focus on developing the younger receivers.
I think Moss would be more productive given more targets but this offense should/is trying to wean themselves of Moss.
Washington Redskins 2012 Statistics - Team and Player Stats - ESPN

Moss is tied for 2nd in reception with: 16 receptions on 20 targets
3 plays of 20+ yards
10 1st downs
96 YAC
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:58 AM   #33
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Morgan played a nearly flawless game on Sunday. We all know what a great blocker he is, but he really could have had a 100 yard receiving day had RG3 seen him a couple of times. He was wide open on crisply run routes multiple times. I've been saying I didn't understand why we wanted Morgan, why not just sign Garcon? Maybe it should be the other way around
Old 10-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #34
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

No No No NO!!! Garcon was the most epic signing of all time and will turn this team around for decades to come!

ummm ... okay, maybe he wasn't.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #35
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Morgan played a nearly flawless game on Sunday. We all know what a great blocker he is, but he really could have had a 100 yard receiving day had RG3 seen him a couple of times. He was wide open on crisply run routes multiple times. I've been saying I didn't understand why we wanted Morgan, why not just sign Garcon? Maybe it should be the other way around
The performance of the offense sans Garcon is kinda calls into question how much we 'needed' him.

A starting line-up of Morgan and Moss w/ Eric Winston or another upgrade at RT would've been fine with me.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #36
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Garcon adds a threat, would it be good to have him out there - absolutely. I think what's even better is that we can be missing the designated #1 receiver and still be threatening to put up 20+ points a game. Let him get healthy, and add that dimension back in as the season develops. Hard to <accurately> judge the signing based on one good game and one mystery foot sprain.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #37
FRPLG
MVP

Maybe Garcon can get healthy and play CB?
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #38
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Hard to <accurately> judge the signing based on one good game and one mystery foot sprain.
You can judge by his absence though, and the offense is just fine without him.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #39
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
You can judge by his absence though, and the offense is just fine without him.
Couldn't we make the same case for Winston? Sure Polumbo isn't going to go to any probowl any time soon, but I don't hear his name called on penalties, and we seem to have some degree of success offensively. (he's not calling out the fans in the stands either a la Winston).
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #40
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Couldn't we make the same case for Winston? Sure Polumbo isn't going to go to any probowl any time soon, but I don't hear his name called on penalties, and we seem to have some degree of success offensively.
Maybe you could, but I can't and here's why: Moss and Morgan have been good in place of Garcon.

Polumbus has not been a good RT and having him as starters means Jordan Black is the next man up.
One could argue if it wasn't for their ineptitude we win the Bengals game.

Pro Football Focus is the only site that has individual OL rankings, (i don't subscribe) but here's what I could find from them about Winton and Polumbus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFF
Charles and Draughn have received help from their offensive line with starters Ryan Lilja, Jon Asamoah, Eric Winston, and Rodney Hudson combing for a +15.8 run blocking grade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFF
But considering he was working against Tyler Polumbus, his day could have been much better, as Polumbus is the third worst offensive tackle in our grades
Old 10-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #41
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Do people know that Winston didn't want to come here?
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #42
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

serious question though, Who so far has been the better Signing Garcon or Morgan?
Old 10-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #43
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
serious question though, Who so far has been the better Signing Garcon or Morgan?
I think this is a better assessment for the end of the season, especially since one player has been hurt and out for some games.
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #44
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Gotta say B Merriewether and his ungangster voice

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #45
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Gotta say B Merriewether and his ungangster voice
R.I.P. #21