Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-19-2012, 01:58 AM   #31
saden1
MVP

Re: Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts

Our defense has major holes in the defensive backfield and that Jim Haslett is a POS coordinator. If I could fire him right now I really would.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-19-2012, 02:10 AM   #32
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Paul won't be cut because of his upside, I'd be less surprised of paulsen is cut.. as for the qbs, cousins is balling so far but again it's against backups.. Robert is the guy no question about it.. it's honestly comical to think he won't be. Look at the bright side, we could be the jets rofl
I'd dissagree. Paul has no upside. He failed as a WR and now they are trying to move him to TE since they have so many decent (better) WR's. We all know Cooley is the man if he can stay healthy. Davis led the team in catches last year. Paulsen filled in admirably when Cooley went down. He blocked well and actually caught some decent passes.

I'd cut Paul and see which of the two Quinn or Reliford should be kept. Put them on the PS.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:13 AM   #33
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Our defense has major holes in the defensive backfield and that Jim Haslett is a POS coordinator. If I could fire him right now I really would.
We should all just settle down. We don't know what Haslett did with the defense tonight. He might have made them play man to man and no blitzing all night, or just didn't discuise his blitzes as he usually does in regular games.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:20 AM   #34
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Wasn't the defense ranked in the top 5 last season under Haslett? And its the second PRESEASON game and you want to fire him? That's a tad extreme. Wouldn't you agree?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:36 AM   #35
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Hell Theismann even said Paulsen is the biggest TE in the team, and watching his first catch and injuring a Bear in the collision is a keeper. Did Paul ever catch a ball tonight?
Old 08-19-2012, 02:56 AM   #36
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
It seemed to me that Paulson blocked better then Cooley and Davis. As far as Paul being undersized as a TE, I might argue that statement. To me he seemed to have bulked up and I'd say he was either an over sized WR or someone better suited for the TE position, but as others have said he just is not catching anything and didn't as a WR either.
Well thats why Paulsen even made the team in the first place back in 2010. Skins were looking for a blocking TE when Shanny came to town, someone that could help on goal line situations as well as special teams and they found Paulsen. He's basically been a poor mans Jay Riemersma/Kyle Brady up to this point.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:12 AM   #37
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Okbi stand corrected after watching the whole game it was nice to see Paul get a TD, even if it was with second stringers. As others have said Brisco had a nice TD. Who else...Robertson/Robinson whatever his name is he caught a nice pass that was tipped for a TD.

OMG, Cousins better be the #2 QB on the roster. Let Grossman and Crompton battle it out. For no other reason Cousins can run with the ball, but also made good decisions.

Who is #92? Either he didn't do much, didn't play, or you guys are using his name instead of his number.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:25 AM   #38
Swarley
The Starter

I thought Paul looked pretty good once he settled down a bit in the second half. Cousins was great and Robinson looked really good too. The two of them seem to have some good chemistry going and it helps that Robinson can flat out book it.

Last edited by Swarley; 08-19-2012 at 03:31 AM.
Swarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:34 AM   #39
tc2deuce
Special Teams

The offense looked to be wound tight and RGIII had issues with the O-line.
RGIII looked good in the short time he was out there and he seems comfortable with the offense/plays.
IMO a couple more reps and and RGIII and the O should be good to go.
Cousins impressed me with his composure in the pocket and his vision was well above the curve for a mid round draft pick.
Niles Paul is getting his feet wet and will be a nice weapon when he remembers how to catch all the time.
Worried about the secondary and of course the O-line.
RGII fumble was not a fumble by rule.
Alfred Morris looked good.
2nd half 8 minute mark RGIII displayed his 5th gear speed and WOW fellas!!!! that is going to scare defenses!!
tc2deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:18 AM   #40
That Guy
Living Legend

we're not keeping 8 WRs 4 TEs or 5 RBs, so not everyone is making it.

there is no QB controversy... at all. kirk was playing 2nd 3rd and 4th teamers. he played very well, but peppers was out of the game. campbell looked about as good against us until they pulled him.

why do people get so worked up over half speed meaningless games?

that said, a robinson looked good. L fletcher was sorely missed. kehl and c griffin looked bad, and our OL that was being annointed last week looked pretty awful here (no running room, 3 sacks on griffin). morris looked alright, but our OL's zone technique was terrible tonight. maybe they're not cutting/pinching/peeling in the pre season though.
That Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:26 AM   #41
RGIII

RGtree, ouch.

Last edited by RGIII; 08-19-2012 at 07:00 AM.
RGIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:13 AM   #42
Jayroc24
Special Teams

I am glad the whole team had a game like this, it will re focus them on getting better. With that being said, we all know there is major issues when half of your O-line is missing. Also we (fans) all need to take into account that we do not know what the game plan was for the game. The coaches may have just wanted to see how the team would react to certain situations. RG3 is still a rookie and he needs time to develop, if everyone starts calling for his head after playing 3 quarters of football this team will always be in last place.

No one likes to lose, but that is not why they play the preseason games, if it was the first string would stay in. Give the team time to gell, The Redskins are in year 3, How long has Lovie been the coach for the Bears? It takes time guys, it will get better!
Jayroc24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #43
irish
Playmaker

The O-line is terrible. The secondary isnt any better. RGIII really looked like a rookie and his deep passing accuracy needs work.

Overall this still isnt a very good team.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:45 AM   #44
SkinsHulk
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins4L View Post
First of all the bears defense is solid. Peppers, Urlacher, Briggs all savvy vets who were all looking to expose the rookie in RG. The secondary in Chicago is overrated if rated too good at all so it sucks he couldnt find time or hurried himself. Hes fine theyll look at what he did on tape 95 times and it was experience. Its the 2nd preseason game of the season. RGs not going anywhere because we all know what light does...
Urlacher- the teams best LB didn't play (injury) and probably a good reason why RG3 is still upright this morning.
SkinsHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:00 AM   #45
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

This game was way more valuable to RGIII than the last one. He needs adversity to learn.

Let's hope a game-planned D is better than this! Nice to see Cousins have a game--at least our scrubs didn't get housed as well.

More important than how he played is how he reacts to adversity, IMO. Let's see how the kid handles this. Likewise for our rooks on the o-line. It's gonna take time, fellas. Carolina was 6-10 last year, for example.