Redskins broadcast team

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-29-2011, 10:25 AM   #31
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Re: Redskins broadcast team

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
Sonny & Sam are a comedy team! I know what yall are saying, they should've hung it up years ago. Still, their presence means something to me, I'll be sad when they're gone, they're part of old DC.
So is Shananhan and Snyder.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-29-2011, 11:43 AM   #32
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Snyder has nothing to do with the radio team. Yes, he owns the station but his involvement is pretty much zero
Old 11-29-2011, 11:53 AM   #33
celts32
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Snyder has nothing to do with the radio team. Yes, he owns the station but his involvement is pretty much zero
I am sure your right on that, but I know if I were in charge of the Redskins radio team I would not want to be the one that fired Sonny. Everyone at that station knows that Sonny has Dan's ear and Dan owns the station. It has to factor in some way to explain how an obvious senile old man (Sam) is allowed to be on this radio broadcast. There is no other logical explanation...

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:20 PM   #34
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Not according to the people that were working with Frank Herzog at the time SS.Rumor mill is Larry Michaels was his personel choice.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:31 PM   #35
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

The new replacements for Sonny and Sam.

"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:35 PM   #36
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Not according to the people that were working with Frank Herzog at the time SS.Rumor mill is Larry Michaels was his personel choice.
Well, as someone who actually was working directly with Frank at the time, I can tell you that's not true. Snyder had nothing to do with Herzog being replaced by Michaels. From Frank's mouth to my ears

Also

Pals reunite on-air with Frank Herzog, 'the voice' of the Redskins

Herzog explained later that Redskins owner Daniel Snyder wasn't behind his firing; he was dumped by radio station WJFK-FM, which then held the rights to broadcast Redskins games.

"It was a money thing," Herzog said. "They wanted to use one of their employees, who had other responsibilities, so they could save one salary." As for Snyder: "He did all he could. I saw him later, and he looked me in the eye and shook my hand and said: 'I don't interfere with the decisions of other companies. It's their call to make.' "

I think I once mentioned that I came close (about two years ago) to working the Redskins radio and online team. And honestly, the problems go beyond who's in the booth. It was a bit of a management mess. But Snyder was not even remotely involved in any of it
Old 11-29-2011, 05:18 PM   #37
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Well, as someone who actually was working directly with Frank at the time, I can tell you that's not true. Snyder had nothing to do with Herzog being replaced by Michaels. From Frank's mouth to my ears

Also

Pals reunite on-air with Frank Herzog, 'the voice' of the Redskins

Herzog explained later that Redskins owner Daniel Snyder wasn't behind his firing; he was dumped by radio station WJFK-FM, which then held the rights to broadcast Redskins games.

"It was a money thing," Herzog said. "They wanted to use one of their employees, who had other responsibilities, so they could save one salary." As for Snyder: "He did all he could. I saw him later, and he looked me in the eye and shook my hand and said: 'I don't interfere with the decisions of other companies. It's their call to make.' "

I think I once mentioned that I came close (about two years ago) to working the Redskins radio and online team. And honestly, the problems go beyond who's in the booth. It was a bit of a management mess. But Snyder was not even remotely involved in any of it

Cool, you are the man.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:49 PM   #38
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

On the other hand, he misses the Redskins. "If they were to ask me back, I'd think about it," he says. And after thinking about it, he adds, "Yeah, I'd go back."

Some of my other favorites

"He's got Monk in motion"
"Handoff Riggins left side big hole"!!
"If its inside the 20 its Didier time"

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:38 PM   #39
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
they are on fm also. when was the last game you heard them call? it's not funny it's down right embarassing if you ask me. sam honestly does not know what is going on anymore, he is just up there saying what ever pops into his mind. it's not a matter of him being funny it's him losing his mind and no one having the balls to telll him it's time to hang it up, it's actually kind of pathetic and sad. i really hope this is his last year.
I heard the first quarter or a little more of the Giants game when i was driving back from a wedding. I also tried to do the turn the tv volume off and turn the radio on thing earlier this year but it didnt work. So i havent listened to much at all this year.

I guess i view the the broadcast as nothing more then a novelty. If i was working or driving around on Sundays and only had that to listen to id probably be hating too....
Old 11-29-2011, 10:31 PM   #40
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
I heard the first quarter or a little more of the Giants game when i was driving back from a wedding. I also tried to do the turn the tv volume off and turn the radio on thing earlier this year but it didnt work. So i havent listened to much at all this year.

I guess i view the the broadcast as nothing more then a novelty. If i was working or driving around on Sundays and only had that to listen to id probably be hating too....
yeah like coff said if you are looking for a few old guys shooting the s about redskins it's perfect, but if you actually want to have an idea of what is actually going on in the game you are s out of luck

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:45 PM   #41
Hijinx
The Starter

This is the first week I've had to listen to the radio broadcast in a while, but I have to agree with the general consensus here. I was thinking it was only me who thought that Sam had to go and Sonny should be right behind them. Huff seems confused and grouchy all the time.

But no one seems to have any game awareness. In the first half of today's game no one seemed to understand why the Skins declined the running into the kicker(it wouldn't have been a 1st down). Plus no one knew the rule that you can't call 2 timeouts in a row. It is not like that is the first time this team has tried to do that. Someone in charge just has to bite the bullet and get some new blood in there.

I do think "Doc" is pretty good as the sideline reporter, but I might be just looking for a silver lining on this turd.
Hijinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:58 PM   #42
Hijinx
The Starter

Christ Sam just called for the Jets 2 minute offense. There is 6 damn minutes left. I am no expert, but I think it may be a bit early.
Hijinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:11 PM   #43
SouperMeister
Playmaker

I was on a ladder hanging lights when Helu fumbled. Larry felt that Helu's knee was down and that the call on the field (down by contact) would stand. I ran inside to watch the replay, and it wasn't even close - clearly a fumble. Do Larry, Sonny, and Sam even bother to look at the replays on the TV feed?
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:27 PM   #44
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Sonny & Sam are awful and should have retired years ago.

I stick with the national feeds whenever possible. Something about the "hometown" radio crews sitting their openly rooting for their team just irks me.
Tell that to Jack Edwards. GET UP!

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:41 PM   #45
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
I was on a ladder hanging lights when Helu fumbled. Larry felt that Helu's knee was down and that the call on the field (down by contact) would stand. I ran inside to watch the replay, and it wasn't even close - clearly a fumble. Do Larry, Sonny, and Sam even bother to look at the replays on the TV feed?
It wasn't that clear view when it happened live and I think the guys on CBS were saying the same thing until the replay.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote