Scud's Studs (Week 12 @ Seattle)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-28-2011, 08:21 AM   #31
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: Scud's Studs (Week 12 @ Seattle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Danny Smith - getting his unit to nail that 25 yarder at the end.
Are you telling me that Danny Smith hit a 25 yard FG with his unit? That's amazing!

Last edited by KI Skins Fan; 11-28-2011 at 08:23 AM.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-28-2011, 09:04 AM   #32
saden1
MVP

Big effort by everyone today. Glad we can beat the Seachicken so I can go back with my head held-semi high and collect on bets made before the season started.

Big up to Helu...what a run. Beast Hurdle Mode!

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:12 AM   #33
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
I have a question about one of the penalties against Washington yesterday: At one point in the first quarter, Helu was called for an illegal chop block on third and 3, while Grossman threw an incompletion. Immediately after, the ref said that Seattle declined the penalty, setting up 4th and 3 at the Seahawks 30-yard line. I was surprised at this, because the Redskins appeared to begin lining up to go for it on 4th down.

Then, the referree announced that the Seahawks accepted the penalty, and the Skins wound up punting. Can a team decline a penalty, then change their mind after the fact and accept it when it looks like the opposing team isn't going to punt?
I wondered the same thing. I thought the decision was final...
Old 11-28-2011, 10:40 AM   #34
Jontrem
Impact Rookie

Glad for a win, even though it is going to hurt our draft position! I guess I am not strong enough to want them to lose....I know in my head it will be better in the log run but every time they play I cheer like a mad man! Oh well I am a fool!
Jontrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:53 AM   #35
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontrem View Post
Glad for a win, even though it is going to hurt our draft position! I guess I am not strong enough to want them to lose....I know in my head it will be better in the log run but every time they play I cheer like a mad man! Oh well I am a fool!

This make you feel better about cheering for a win(per John Keim):

4. Before we get to a few other things, have to address this: the notion that they shouldn’t win to preserve their draft pick. Have to say, I don’t understand that thinking. In the NBA? Sure. In that league there might be four or five potential impact players in a draft. In the NFL, there’s a heck of a lot more. That’s one point. The other: who knows which players will even come out? Matt Barkley doesn’t have to, for example. Maybe he will but do you know for sure? Besides, what if the QB you really like is, say, a guy who doesn’t project to a top-5 pick for whatever reason. And you really don’t know which direction you’re going to go until after the season, when you’ve had a chance to study these players. Besides, Mike Shanahan will be very aggressive trying to move up if there’s a guy he thinks he can get.
5. But here’s the biggest reason why you don’t do it: when you’re trying to establish a foundation for a winning franchise, you don’t get there by going 3-13 and losing 12 straight. That’s unbelievably short-sighted thinking. You go places by creating an atmosphere of success. If they go 3-13, then you’d be a heck of a lot less confident in the coaching staff, right? Well, so would some of the players. That’s a lock. Is that really what you want? If they go 4-12 they have many more issues than one QB can solve. And it would take a few years longer. I’d much rather see a team do what the Redskins did today: show some fight, overcome adversity and win. Yeah, the Seahawks aren’t very good. Yeah it could end up giving them a lower draft choice. But, again, while it’s obviously important to develop talent it’s just as important to establish a culture. I’d rather see a guy like Helu, clearly a part of the future in some way, have a big game and help lead a win.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:24 AM   #36
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Yes Helu is impressive,why does it take the frickin coaches so long to realize something? If Helu played this much last week we might have won that game too.
Is there no smoot smackdown this week since we won?
This has got nothing to do with the players in game,but I had to give a smackdown to the radio broadcast.Ive read a lot of complaints about it but I heard it for the first time on satellite radio yesterday.OH MY GAWD! How is Huff still employed? That guy is so bad its way beyond funny.Him and Jurgenson bickering with eath other sounded like 2 drunk fools in a bar.I feel for the people that listen to that every week
I've harped on this at least a few times a season for the past few years. It is a total embarrassment to the Redskins to have that broadcasting team, particularly Sam Huff. It's an out and out joke.

I missed the first few possessions of the game yesterday because I was out running, but I was listening on the ESPN radio app. I heard the pre-game, and then the opening possession when we scored. In that short time, the following happened:

-When the fireworks went off pre-game, Huff started going crazy, complaining about the smoke and saying someone should be fined for setting off fireworks.... Then Sonny and Larry reminded him that they do the same thing at every Skins home game. Sam shut up.

-On the opening kickoff, Huff complained that the Redskins aren't setting the wedge, and that's why Banks hasn't had a big KO return. Sonny reminded him that the wedge is now against the rules for returns. To which Sam said something to the effect of "well that's a stupid rule."

-On Fred Davis' first catch, Larry said, "Davis makes the grab!" Sam said, "who??" and Sonny said, "Fred Davis, Sam. The starting TE." Sam just said, "oh."

-He also had no idea who Evan Royster is.

Sam Huff must have compromising pictures of his boss or something, because if I was in charge, he'd be pulled off the air immediately.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:29 AM   #37
MTK
\m/

Sam & Sonny are both way past their prime. I caught some of the game on the radio yesterday too and it seems that each time I hear them they somehow manage to get worse. Even my wife was joking about how bad they were.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:40 AM   #38
celts32
Playmaker

Yea it’s bad. Sonny is still pretty sharp for a man his age but they probably should just redo the whole broadcast team. At a minimum Sam belongs in a nursing home not a broadcast booth…

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:45 AM   #39
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
It was definitely nice to see this team run the ball consistently today. See what happens when you commit to the run game? And seattle's run d is pretty good, those were hard earned yards today.
Thank you!

I agree with Scud's choices. I also thought that Josh Wilson did not have too bad of a game as long as you throw out that absolutely terrible pass interference call.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:46 AM   #40
rypper11
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
I wondered the same thing. I thought the decision was final...
It is. Of course this was a terrible crew. The big PI was nonsense. They missed flagrant holds on Rak. A grounding call when a player is within 10 yds and the qb is being mugged never is called. Not to say that they didn't award us some crap calls too, but I'd rather not see the officials have such an influence on the game.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:47 AM   #41
rypper11
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Thank you!

I agree with Scud's choices. I also thought that Josh Wilson did not have too bad of a game as long as you throw out that absolutely terrible pass interference call.
And his Carlos Rogers impersonation by dropping the easy pick. Is it in the water in Ashburn that CB develop brick hands?
Old 11-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #42
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypper11 View Post
It is. Of course this was a terrible crew. The big PI was nonsense. They missed flagrant holds on Rak. A grounding call when a player is within 10 yds and the qb is being mugged never is called. Not to say that they didn't award us some crap calls too, but I'd rather not see the officials have such an influence on the game.
One of Rex's picks should've been called back because of pass interference. At first I thought the Seattle DB made a good play, but on the replay you clearly see him give Gaffney a shove that allowed him to get into position to pick the ball off.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:56 AM   #43
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
I think Rex is better than Tavaris. I think Beck is better than Whitehurst. Whitehurst was garbage in the one game he played. Like super stinky nasty gross garbage.

we've all seen whitehurst play well, throw the ball beyond 20 yards and win a game. beck ****ing sucks and couldnt hold a candle to whitehurst.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

Last edited by Meks; 11-28-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:02 PM   #44
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
This has got nothing to do with the players in game,but I had to give a smackdown to the radio broadcast.Ive read a lot of complaints about it but I heard it for the first time on satellite radio yesterday.OH MY GAWD! How is Huff still employed? That guy is so bad its way beyond funny.Him and Jurgenson bickering with eath other sounded like 2 drunk fools in a bar.I feel for the people that listen to that every week
EB’s Thoughts On Sam Huff And Redskins Radio « CBS Washington

A good reflection on the Huff fiasco currently going on in the Redskins broadcasting booth. The audio clip of their rant is dead on. Glad I don't listen to the Redskins broadcasts. Sound like a bunch of bozos.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:22 PM   #45
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Sam & Sonny are both way past their prime. I caught some of the game on the radio yesterday too and it seems that each time I hear them they somehow manage to get worse. Even my wife was joking about how bad they were.
Sam is terrible. Sonny is ok at best. Larry is ok. The whole team needs fresh voices and new energy.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote